2007 911S / 2021 4door Badlands w/ Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last Update: October 26, 2022

^Current state of the vehicle: 10/26/2022
😭
Soup Bowl- 1 Bronco- 0

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ 335F08A2-B608-4B95-8D3E-B7FB0A42174C-506-00000200FA4716B1
Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ EC8C1E9A-E7C4-4733-A6D7-57BB030780FD-506-000002011F276B74 2

Previous state of the vehicle: 10/17/2022

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_9387 2.JPG

Previous state of vehicle: 04/15/2022

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ FEC2D6B6-628B-4DCB-95E3-1085E92A573D-552-000001863E083138.JPG

Previous state of vehicle: 10/09/2021

Let's try this again, shall we?

The journey started about 3 years ago when I was on a trip with my FJ Cruiser down in Baja running some of the course with a group. I was talking to someone about how I wish that Ford would make a modern Bronco because I love retro modern vehicles. He told me he worked for a PR firm and that I should wait because the Bronco will be coming out in the near future. He was for sure at that time because he said that they (Ford) had invested quite a bit on this project to back out now. A little over a year ago I sold my FJ Cruiser to my friend and placed a reservation for my Badlands. The rest was history!

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ 474a01_93ab9f7041fd4008b21a74762b7582db~mv2

Here's the old gal in her best form. I recently got into off-roading and instantly fell in love with it. It's the ability to build a cool looking rig and get deeper into nature. I was living my camel trophy fantasies with my friends... err like 1/100th of one. It's my adult tonka truck.

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ 474a01_4d857047e45948df810a6a81c0058682~mv2

It was one Tuesday morning where I was running errands and I get a call on my back to work. It was Sean, the Bronco guy at Serramonte Ford. Without him saying a word, I asked "Is today the day?" he simply replied "today IS THE DAY". After screaming like a girl being asked to the prom by her crush with Sean on the line we quickly got to business. Without acknowledging what happened moments prior we figured out the logistics and set a time to come by. To my surprise, my long-time friend (who happens to work at Serramonte Ford) came in on his day off and helped me with the purchase process. Big SHOUT OUT TO THE HOMIE ANTHONY GUERRA. I'm very satisfied working with this team and would recommend them to anybody.

Timeline:
-7/13/20- Reservation Date

- 1/28/21- Came in shortly after the reservation to sign a document to lock price in

- 4/1-6/18- Bronco roof insulation request and roof dilemma reported

- 07/2/21- Originally a hardtop reso holder but switched to soft top

I went in person to confirm the change and to receive a physical receipt of the change

- 08/12/21- Email notification that my truck got a production date for 8/30

- 9/3/21- Email notification that Bronco was built

- 9/28/21- Bronco received

Specs:
Area 51
2.7L w/ 10 Speed
4 Door
Badlands
Sasquatch
Equipment group 334A
(Mid, High, and Lux)
Mods: (As of 10/17/21)

Wheels
Rays Gram Lights 57DR-X
Size: 17x8.5 -10

Armor:
Factory front brush guard

Misc:
Factory swing gate table

Trips so far:
Pismo/ Oceano Dunes SVRA
Calico Ghost Town/ Barstow
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Vancouver, Canada
Whistler, Canada
Yosemite, CA
Bald Mountain, CA
Prewitt Ridge, CA

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_9387 2.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a quick mod update:
The front end needed a little spicing up. I want to give it more time to see what the aftermarket comes up with for bumpers. I'm seeing good designs out there, but it's too early to commit. So I went conservative and ordered the factory brush guard. To me, it completed the modular bumper.

3828EB1C-E0EC-4A50-8B7D-C0457020C6E2-281-000000036AB821C6 2.JPG

D9135ED4-1925-4E97-B52E-0BD3A03D68D4-281-000000037EC4D1C6.JPG

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lookin good. More pics of the gramlights! I had 57extemes on my last STI. Quality wheels. Coming from Japanese cars, I notice a lot of people putting ugly cheap wheels on their $50k Broncos. I don’t get it.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Congrats on the sweet rig! But damn at the fact that day 1 and you still had to swap to soft top to get it.

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lookin good. More pics of the gramlights! I had 57extemes on my last STI. Quality wheels. Coming from Japanese cars, I notice a lot of people putting ugly cheap wheels on their $50k Broncos. I don’t get it.
Say no more, I got you!

I recently discovered that we share the same bolt pattern with Toyotas but I wasn't sure how the wheels would really fit. Being a shop, we had a set of Gramlights sitting and we were curious. The end result is what you see! The secret sauce was 17x8.5 Et-10 to have the wheels poke a little past the sas fenders.

I do have another set of wheels coming and I'm curious to see how they'd look. tehehe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a little desert running and a little crawling in the canyons. The Bronco performed flawlessly. I was aired down to 25psi and the truck didn't lose traction on any surface. At speeds around 70ish on the gravel it was composed and it rode over rutted surfaces like a cloud.

Things I found useful:
-The front camera makes ascending and descending steep hills less intimating. The camera gives you good visibility on the obstacles ahead so you can maneuver accordingly.

-The front camera washer is very useful in dusty conditions. I thought it was gimmicky at first, but now I believe.

-Radar Weather
On the way home we heard that the Bay Area had nasty weather. Unfortunately it's kinda deep in the navi menu.

You can also pull up the weather at your destination which is neat.

Coupled with Apple Maps and Google Maps, my co-pilot and I monitored how traffic and the different routes were being affected by the weather.

-Eco mode is your friend on road trips
It decreases throttle response and I believe it optimizes gear changes based on fuel economy. I averaged between a range of 18-20mpg's on this trip. That's fighting against headwind coming back home too!

-Radar cruise and lane keep
This made the road trip on long stretches of road much more bearable. A five hour trip felt like three. You don't have to be hyper focused on driving, you can kinda relax and let the car do the boring bits. I

t's not too jerky and the braking isn't aggressive. It's smooth. Both systems work decently in the heavy rain.

-Trail Turn works
Again something I thought was gimmicky but wanted to have on the truck regardless This feature alone saved me so much from doing a gazillion point turn. This also helped me get into the desired starting position before taking a line trough an obstacle.

-Truck felt stable when hit crosswinds

Cons discovered on this trip:
-Soft top is loud with cross winds
-There's no lock for the tailgate or I don't know how to use it properly? Tough to keep it open with a strong wind gust

-Things I learned
I'm gonna start sleeping in the back of the truck. My Fj wasn't long enough to sleep comfortably. This is! So before my next camping trip I'm gonna attempt to make a sleeping platform that I can use to level out the rear. TBD

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ B4735F34-8C31-400D-B8E8-AD27F53AA307-271-0000001FFB51CF59

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_3259.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_7484.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ 9A88C3E2-3B2F-4B09-91BD-4FE2D17BC59C-271-0000001FE0E8CBDC

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ 65681008742__5A2D9CE3-F0A3-453F-82A0-75E73921A66A.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_7476.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_7482.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Say no more, I got you!

I recently discovered that we share the same bolt pattern with Toyotas but I wasn't sure how the wheels would really fit. Being a shop, we had a set of Gramlights sitting and we were curious. The end result is what you see! The secret sauce was 17x8.5 Et-10 to have the wheels poke a little past the sas fenders.

I do have another set of wheels coming and I'm curious to see how they'd look. tehehe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a little desert running and a little crawling in the canyons. The Bronco performed flawlessly. I was aired down to 25psi and the truck didn't lose traction on any surface. At speeds around 70ish on the gravel it was composed and it rode over rutted surfaces like a cloud.

Things I found useful:
-The front camera makes ascending and descending steep hills less intimating. The camera gives you good visibility on the obstacles ahead so you can maneuver accordingly.

-The front camera washer is very useful in dusty conditions. I thought it was gimmicky at first, but now I believe.

-Radar Weather
On the way home we heard that the Bay Area had nasty weather. Unfortunately it's kinda deep in the navi menu.

Coupled with Apple Maps and Google Maps, my co-pilot and I monitored how traffic and the different routes were being affected by the weather.

It decreases throttle response and I believe it optimizes gear changes based on fuel economy. I averaged between a range of 18-20mpg's on this trip. That's fighting against headwind coming back home too!

This made the road trip on long stretches of road much more bearable. A five hour trip felt like three. You don't have to be hyper focused on driving, you can kinda relax and let the car do the boring bits. I

t's not too jerky and the braking isn't aggressive. It's smooth. Both systems work decently in the heavy rain.

-Trail Turn works
Again something I thought was gimmicky but wanted to have on the truck regardless This feature alone saved me so much from doing a gazillion point turn. This also helped me get into the desired starting position before taking a line trough an obstacle.

-There's no lock for the tailgate or I don't know how to use it properly? Tough to keep it open with a strong wind gust

-Things I learned
I'm gonna start sleeping in the back of the truck. My Fj wasn't long enough to sleep comfortably. This is! So before my next camping trip I'm gonna attempt to make a sleeping platform that I can use to level out the rear. TBD

Great pictures, love the sunset one on the front camera

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you for sharing.
Awesome photographs!
I also love the sunset shot.

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pictures, love the sunset one on the front camera
Thank you for sharing.
Awesome photographs!
I also love the sunset shot.
Thanks Y'all!

Next up: The truck is heading to a local car show and I wanted to give it an OEM+ look when it comes to lighting upgrade.

Lights:
baja design squadrons in yellow, and two types of S2's in white

bracket:
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-triple-fog-light-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ bronco fog light bracket

Last edited:

Bronco-Israel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Say no more, I got you!

Things I found useful:

-Radar Weather

-Trail Turn works

-Things I learned

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ bronco fog light bracket

The gram lights weight less than the stock Sasquatch wheels?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gram lights weight less than the stock Sasquatch wheels?
I'm not 100% sure what the stock Sasquatch wheels weigh but at a quick google, someone speculates its 37lbs.

The gram lights are 24lbs!

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mod Update:

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_7645.JPG
Going for an OEM+ look for the bumper lighting situation. I was able to source some bajas
Yellow= fogs,
striped= wide angle driving
golf ball looking= spot/ work light

FYI: GET NEW HARDWARE
The bolts will snap if you try to loosen them to adjust the mounting position of the lights
Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ 65758202340__2AF7289D-596C-4AC4-AF6C-2A676FB4A026.JPG

Mock up:
This was the most tedious part. It's just a bit time consuming and takes a few tries

Mounting Lights to bracket:
Squadron= inside/ middle slot
work light= middle/ front slot
Wide angle= outside/ front slot

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_7646.JPG

Flip the covers right side up

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_7651.JPG

Wiring:
-I followed the excellent Baja instructions for wiring here-> WIRING
-I spent the extra money and purchased the wiring harness from 4x4truckled's. A+ product fam! Saved me so much time and mess
-Swapped out the connectors that mate with the up fitter switches to the weatherproof ones for easy quick disconnect

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ 65782536005__EE25874D-7AA8-4DBF-B1D0-8D463058791A.fullsizerender.JPG

65758202340__2AF7289D-596C-4AC4-AF6C-2A676FB4A026.JPG

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_7389.JPG

Also, if you are a fan of the TE37 variety. Here's the M-Spec TE's that are 17x8.5 -10 like the Gramlights.

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_7394.JPG
Love the dish and the chubby spokes. Fitment is flush to SAS fenders.

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_7392.JPG

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prototype brackets were made to fit the KC's. I love the modern-americana look the truck now has. It has a desert racer vibe with retro cues.

The boys at Race Factory did a bang on job. I'm trying to convince them to do a small batch for y'all if there's any interest in it.. I don't know if KC has made the brackets yet, but I sure as hell couldn't wait.

We did discover that the wipers make contact with the wires at the bottom of the lights. Race Factory is going to make a new set that extends and pushes up the positioning a tad higher. I may add an additional light on each ends to fill out the windshield. I'm in no rush now so, we'll see.

Enjoy!
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice build! Do you recommend a vendor for those JDM wheels? I’m looking at the Volks but in +15 offset for a little less poke. I’ve heard special order 6 months wait. I waited for a year for JDM Gramlights for my old STi. I could go with some Methods for half the price but coming from a bunch of Japanese cars and having had Rays wheels, thinking about just springing for some nice JDM wheels. I have forged Titan7 on my STi and they make offroad wheels in Toyota fitment that will fit Bronco but no positive offset. Looking for something that won’t poke beyond SaS fenders.
Sponsored