Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who were you originally with?
We moved to NC in the late 80s because the refinery dad worked for shut down and he couldn't find work. Was originally with Capital Ford in Raleigh, they've taken several deliveries based on what I've seen when I drive by, and they appear to have 2 on the lot right now (maybe mannequins - they had none last week). Classic Ford in Smithfield almost as close and they've only had 3 deliveries, 1 of which was their mannequin. I still have yet to see one in the wild though.

I do know that Stephens has gotten way more than any of the local dealerships seem to have gotten in 2021, which I hope holds true for 2022. I don't mind not getting one till 2023 because I originally wanted the white mod top.
Sponsored

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We moved to NC in the late 80s because the refinery dad worked for shut down and he couldn't find work. Was originally with Capital Ford in Raleigh, they've taken several deliveries based on what I've seen when I drive by, and they appear to have 2 on the lot right now (maybe mannequins - they had none last week). Classic Ford in Smithfield almost as close and they've only had 3 deliveries, 1 of which was their mannequin. I still have yet to see one in the wild though.

I do know that Stephens has gotten way more than any of the local dealerships seem to have gotten in 2021, which I hope holds true for 2022. I don't mind not getting one till 2023 because I originally wanted the white mod top.
It is really great that you get to come back to WV to pickup your Bronco!

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who were you originally with? Initially, I had ordered from Todd Judy before switching to Stephens. I got a bunch of automated text messages, but no one initially reached out to me. I've noticed that Todd Judy has since delivered a few (four door soft tops).

One of their reps created an account just to post a "come and checkout our great Bronco selection at Todd Judy" last year in the WV Bronco group. This was before the first full sized Bronco had ever been delivered. When I questioned what their pricing would be, they never replied.

I had to attend a funeral last week in Logan and noticed that Thornhill had a Big Bend mannequin sitting out front, so I stopped to take a picture. Not a fan of what they did with it:

IMG_20211010_192702.jpg

They used vinyl on the BRONCO on the grill in red, white and blue, added a light bar, retro graphics and the script on the side - on Area 51 Big Bend grill. Maybe a lift, but definitely new hubs and wheels. It just seemed like a kludge of bad decisions.

I think all of the mods would work great on Lightning or Velocity blue, but not exactly Area 51. The Big Bend's grill is one of the best, but it just wasn't a color combination that I thought worked very well all together.

Either way, it's nice to see them in the area.

I'm down to #129 on Stephen's list. I'm hoping for a 2022 but I'll be okay with a 2023. Just as long as they keep price protection for those that have been waiting and they don't get rid of Eruption Green!

At this point, I think it all comes to parts constraints.

@Crowza, read this post I made about Todd Judy.

Dealer is unaware the order window is open | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This evening my daughter and I were in Kanawha CIty and saw a local Charleston Ford dealership had a tent sale going on in the parking lot of the Kanawha Mall. I spotted a 4-door Big Bend soft top so I went to check it out. The invoice was $38,975 but the ADM was an additional $20,995. $60,000 for a non-SAS Big Bend with the 2.3 ?! The salesman was friendly UNTIL, I told him I had an order with @SAC.

After I said that, the salesman had nothing but bad things to say about @StephensAutoCenter. He said Ford "slapped them on the hand for selling Broncos below MSRP" and "they won't be selling Broncos for the deal they originally offered". He also said I would NOT be getting a Bronco unless I paid MSRP, at a minimum.

The salesman asked if I lived in West Virginia and I said yes. He said, "well that's good because @SAC was selling vehicles to folks out of state". I said, "well, they are in the business to make money and I didn't know there was a Ford rule or state law forbidding a dealer from selling to someone out of state". He ignored that statement but said they are losing money from both profit and dealer holdback. He said, "holdback is somewhere around $1,200 so if they sell it for $1,000 below invoice, they're only making $200 on a Bronco."

I told him they must be doing something right because they've delivered several Broncos and everyone on the forum has nothing but positive feedback. Plus, if they weren't making money, they wouldn't have made the offer for $1,000 below invoice or continue to honor it. He ignored that part of the conversation but asked which forum to which I was referring so I mentioned the best automotive forum ever - Bronco6g. He said, "never heard of it."

Shortly after that, I thanked him for his time and left.

I am honored to be able to do business with @SAC and Bronco John and Tanis.

Bottom Line: Bronco John and @SAC are doing great things and they have other dealers hating them for taking their business.

Sponsored

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the same "auto bot" SMS text responses from them. The first communication I had they also confused the Bronco Sport for the full sized Bronco. I switched to Stephens as fast as I could. :)
I even got emails and phone calls from them about the Sport because they were "Bronco uninformed". They were clueless so I also switched as fast as I could and glad I did.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This evening my daughter and I were in Kanawha CIty and saw a local Charleston Ford dealership had a tent sale going on in the parking lot of the Kanawha Mall. I spotted a 4-door Big Bend soft top so I went to check it out. The invoice was $38,975 but the ADM was an additional $20,995. $60,000 for a non-SAS Big Bend with the 2.3 ?! The salesman was friendly UNTIL, I told him I had an order with @SAC.
The tent in the parking lot in Kanawha City was Todd Judy Ford, last time I stopped there a few weeks back. I'm so happy I didn't wait around to find out the ADM they would have added to my reservation.

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tent in the parking lot in Kanawha City was Todd Judy Ford, last time I stopped there a few weeks back. I'm so happy I didn't wait around to find out the ADM they would have added to my reservation.
I know it was Todd Judy Ford, I was just trying to be nice by not mentioning them by name. But it's not like they'll read any of these posts anyway. :LOL:

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it was Todd Judy Ford, I was just trying to be nice by not mentioning them by name. But it's not like they'll read any of these posts anyway. :LOL:
Todd Judy did sign up for an account here. They drive-by spammed the WV Bronco group with a message and then never responded to my additional queries:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/groups/born-wild-wonderful-bronco-club-wv.55/

Steve Mac
•••
Have you checked out the selection of Bronco's at Todd Judy Ford in Charleston and Marmet? Great deals on 2021 models. Great selection. Oustandking knowledgable sales representatives. Friendly, and courteous service is what you receive from Todd Judy Ford.
Check out the date. The only Broncos they had were Sports. "Great selection"? I mean, seriously.

KVK

Black Diamond
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09’ F150, 89’ Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone received a call from John today? Seems awfully quiet.

Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, talked with John a little earlier today. I was 212 on the most recent spreadsheet. As expected, he was awesome and very clear and followed up immediately with a confirmation email showing exact pricing.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like I should be getting a call tomorrow based on how John is progressing through the list...
Sponsored