First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, but that's beside the point. Everyone who sees the Bronco is loving it but the first or second question out of their mouth is quite literally, "Dude, why didn't you resell it? You could make a schnike(sp?) ton of money (my wife has asked me that once or twice as well, she just doesn't call me Dude). I chuckle and say, I know, I know. My response is always, "you can make more money but they won't be making anymore 2021 FE Broncos; and I can't take it with me so why not enjoy it while I can."

Every time someone says something like that I peek back into the Auto resellers and think, "geesh am I" giving up $20-30K? Not buyer's remorse, but more like resellers regret.
Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but that's beside the point. Everyone who sees the Bronco is loving it but the first or second question out of their mouth is quite literally, "Dude, why didn't you resell it? You could make a schnike(sp?) ton of money (my wife has asked me that once or twice as well, she just doesn't call me Dude). I chuckle and say, I know, I know. My response is always, "you can make more money but they won't be making anymore 2021 FE Broncos; and I can't take it with me so why not enjoy it while I can."

Every time someone says something like that I peek back into the Auto resellers and think, "geesh am I" giving up $20-30K? Not buyer's remorse, but more like resellers regret.
Right there with you - I have a base and I have had dealerships call me and offer 10k over.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

IMO it's all about your specific financial situation on whether you're "crazy" or not.

20k to someone may be huge. To someone else not a huge deal.

If 20k was huge for me I'd 100% sell it and just buy another Bronco later. I would call someone not doing it "crazy". But then again in the end its your life so do whatever makes you happy.

I've made plenty of bad financial decisions bc it made me happy.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's quick fad, a couple months and they will be back to selling at MSRP or below. Some people just pay to have it quick, paying because it's a first edition is just dumb. If you plan to hold an FE 50yrs then maybe you'd get back a few extra pesos to cover all some of the extra coin you dropped.

That said selling and making a nice profit is the best financial situation you could choose.

Sponsored

Draddog68

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I collect and restore old Fords. I have sold some and have owned a few since the 1980"s. My opinion is if you are still having fun with it, then keep it. No amount of money can replace the memories and good times you have with a vehicle. Sure you can make some money off of it, but you bought it for a reason and haven't really got to enjoy it.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t know about you, but I have literally been waiting for this Bronco for at least 4 years now. I’m not gonna extend my wait any longer. Unless it was out of necessity to survive, I would not sell my incoming Bronco for anything less than a life changing amount of money. $10-20K doesn’t move the needle enough for me to go to the end of the line.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because you see Broncos listed at $20K to $30K over doesn’t mean they are selling. eBay has a boat load of Broncos listed like that. The only ones that I have witnessed actually sell were a few that had actual auctions and not buy now. Most of the auctions have a reserve and folks bid on them knowing they are under the reserve just to say they did. I have watched the listing rather carefully
and the majority are not selling.

Deleted member 12876

For early bronco order deliveries this is a true dilemma.

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Random dealerships see you drive by and they call? You have your number displayed on the Bronco?
A sales person on facebook saw my Bronco post and called me and my current dealership called me.

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you're driving a FE, enjoy it. You are in a very exclusive club!

I've ordered a Black Diamond, and my plan is to order a new one as soon as this one arrives, and sell the Black Diamond when it does. Basically, I'm planning on doing this until I get exactly the Bronco I wanted to order in early 2021, before all of our hopes were crushed.

If you're not getting a FE, since the Broncos will have a pile of positive equity for the next few years, I don't know why you wouldn't lease and flip like the F150s.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just chuckle at the fact that this is one of the very few cars on the market that are "worth" MORE than I paid the second I drive it off the lot. If I needed the money, I'd sell of course, but luckily I don't. And I'd loose all interest if I had to go through this long wait again, I'd just get a Wrangler. But I don't want a Wrangler, so unless someone offers me over $100k I won't even consider selling. And even then...
Sponsored