Sponsored

What is the cutoff for changes to the order?

mmd1350

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, new to this forum and ANXIOUSLY awaiting my new Bronco! I ordered back in August and have a production date for Nov 29th. My dealership has not been great in this process, long story short i wanted to change a few things on order a few weeks back...they told me i had plenty of time and i'd probably be bumped to a 2022, then 3 days later i got an email with a production date. Now they're saying i cant change ANYTHING because i have a VIN, which is not that big of a deal really, just mildly frustrating. Then today i got a phone call from them saying i have to come in to sign a new order now because i'm being bumped to a 2022, and if i want to make any changes i can. So i'm confused as they keep telling me different things. They don't seem to know what is going on most of the time, so i'm unclear if i'm able to make changes now since they are bumping my year.

Anyone confidently know if a VIN number assigned is a hard cutoff for any changes? I'm hoping to change the color, add heated seats at the minimum (this wasn't presented as an option when i ordered)... maximum i want to upgrade from black diamond to badlands. Supposed to go in tomorrow to sign off on the new order.
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi, new to this forum and ANXIOUSLY awaiting my new Bronco! I ordered back in August and have a production date for Nov 29th. My dealership has not been great in this process, long story short i wanted to change a few things on order a few weeks back...they told me i had plenty of time and i'd probably be bumped to a 2022, then 3 days later i got an email with a production date. Now they're saying i cant change ANYTHING because i have a VIN, which is not that big of a deal really, just mildly frustrating. Then today i got a phone call from them saying i have to come in to sign a new order now because i'm being bumped to a 2022, and if i want to make any changes i can. So i'm confused as they keep telling me different things. They don't seem to know what is going on most of the time, so i'm unclear if i'm able to make changes now since they are bumping my year.

Anyone confidently know if a VIN number assigned is a hard cutoff for any changes? I'm hoping to change the color, add heated seats at the minimum (this wasn't presented as an option when i ordered)... maximum i want to upgrade from black diamond to badlands. Supposed to go in tomorrow to sign off on the new order.
You're SOL once you get a VIN, unfortunately. I've heard some have had success changing color but that is it.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How many threads you gonna make? 1 will suffice. And those who know will answer you when they can.

OP
OP

mmd1350

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're SOL once you get a VIN, unfortunately. I've heard some have had success changing color but that is it.
kinda what i thought, but then how are they changing the year if it's assigned already. And i can't find details on differences between 2021 and 2022, what if there are new options available? Seems a little frustrating if they introduce new things but won't let me change existing order that they're converting.

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

As far as I'm aware, you're able to make changes until it's been scheduled for production without losing your place in line. 2022 scheduling begins 10/28/21.

If it was issued a VIN number it seems strange that it got bumped to 2022, unless perhaps some of the commodities (options) aren't available yet (hard top, some of the Sasquatch items, modular bumper, etc)... in which case, it might even get bumped to 2023 unless you change your specs.

Your dealer should have some idea of how to option out your Bronco in order for you to get it sooner... YouTube Town and Country, they just released a video coaching you on how to do exactly that. Talk to your dealer about what options might be delaying your build.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats very confusing. I would think that a change to a new production year would require a new VIN, meaning you could change your order, but who knows. I think that the dealer is smart to have you come back in, in person, to verify the new order. That way, no confusion or misunderstanding! In the confusion of last March-April, I forgot the roof rack, and it was too late to change when I found out!

OP
OP

mmd1350

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many threads you gonna make? 1 will suffice. And those who know will answer you when they can.
Thanks I'm aware. This was my first post and it gave me errors posting 3 times, making me read introductory threads. i didn't know the postings went through.. trying to figure out how to delete the extras.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
kinda what i thought, but then how are they changing the year if it's assigned already. And i can't find details on differences between 2021 and 2022, what if there are new options available? Seems a little frustrating if they introduce new things but won't let me change existing order that they're converting.
If you have a Production date assigned then you have a VIN already. The VIN is encoded and includes things like manufacturer, model, trim, transmission, 4DR vs 2DR, MIC vs Soft top, etc - if they allowed you to change things beyond color then they'd need to issue you a new VIN. This post has a good roundup of the changes for 2022 - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...duling-delivery-special-edition-models.25012/

I understand your frustration, I first got our VIN in April and have since decided that I wish we got a Badlands vs OBX.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like your dealer is clueless. Do you have an email with your VIN# or did the dealer provide it? If so, go to https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ and enter your VIN and Order Number (should be on your DORA/Order sheet from your dealer)

If you truly have a VIN then you're 2021 since 2022 hasn't started scheduling yet.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered back in August and have a production date for Nov 29th.
Talk to your dealer about what options might be delaying your build.
This doesn’t sound delayed at all to me. There are plenty of folks who reserved over a year before OP and they don’t have VINs. But I agree that OP should contact the dealer because having a VIN and getting bumped to 2022 do not go together.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a VIN then you are not supposed to be able to make any changes. Some people have been successful in changing the paint color but you can forget changing models and packages. And heated seats have always been an option although I don't recall which package they are included in.

Also, if you have a VIN, you are getting a MY21. No reason to go in and re-order. Sounds like your dealership has given you some bad info and possibly gotten you mixed up with another order. However, if you don't have a signed purchase agreement already, this may be the opportunity to go into the dealership and get one.

Now I am sure a bunch of people will chime in with the ZoMG! your dealership is trying to steal your order. But never attribute to malice that which is easily explained by stupidity.

OP
OP

mmd1350

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have a Production date assigned then you have a VIN already. The VIN is encoded and includes things like manufacturer, model, trim, transmission, 4DR vs 2DR, MIC vs Soft top, etc - if they allowed you to change things beyond color then they'd need to issue you a new VIN. This post has a good roundup of the changes for 2022 - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/⏰-2022-bronco-timing-order-bank-build-price-scheduling-delivery-special-edition-models.25012/

I understand your frustration, I first got our VIN in April and have since decided that I wish we got a Badlands vs OBX.
My VIN is assigned to a 2021 currently, so it's confusing that they're changing it to a 2022 if the VIN is encoded already to all of those things.

I guess i'll find out tomorrow, thanks for the link for the 2022 info!

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My VIN is assigned to a 2021 currently, so it's confusing that they're changing it to a 2022 if the VIN is encoded already to all of those things.

"they're changing it to a 2022" - that would be the very first that this has been mentioned if that's the case. I haven't heard of a 2021 VIN being destroyed and reissuing a 2022 VIN for an order. I think your dealer is confused or are sending you misinformation.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like they're trying to steal your order to adm someone else. If you have a VIN, you are getting a 2021. Scheduling hasn't started for 2022.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the meantime I would suggest calling the Ford Bronco marketing hotline (800-334-4375 option 3) or possibly using the Ford chat to confirm your build date.
Sponsored