First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I certainly tossed the idea around, no sane person wouldn't. However, the way I look at it is this is my first and likely will be my ONLY ever new car purchase and I am driving the thing off the lot and its appreciating not depreciating. Take solace in that.
Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but that's beside the point. Everyone who sees the Bronco is loving it but the first or second question out of their mouth is quite literally, "Dude, why didn't you resell it? You could make a schnike(sp?) ton of money (my wife has asked me that once or twice as well, she just doesn't call me Dude). I chuckle and say, I know, I know. My response is always, "you can make more money but they won't be making anymore 2021 FE Broncos; and I can't take it with me so why not enjoy it while I can."

Every time someone says something like that I peek back into the Auto resellers and think, "geesh am I" giving up $20-30K? Not buyer's remorse, but more like resellers regret.
I've wanted this vehicle, so it is easy for me. Do I want to make some scratch now then get back in line to wait another year, two, or longer? Nope. I thought about it also, but eventually the price will drop for used ones and very likely go up for new ones. The real people with remorse will probably be the folks handing out fistfuls of cash to buy them secondhand. I'm still living my life as happy as I can be.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure there are plenty of 'businesses' that would pay a lot extra to get their hands on one whether for product development, or video content like youtubers and other media outlets. Oh and rich/famous people who just don't think about money the way most of us do. If someone offered me a straight trade for a new F150 Raptor I think I would still have to convince the wife as she doesn't like trucks not even one bit but it would sway me a little bit. $30k cash is also a decent amount but less then that I wouldn't blink.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
There was a guy on a non-Bronco message board that I frequent with a Lightning Blue FE 4-door. He said he drove it two days, then sold it. He didn't say for how much, but acknowledged that someone's guess was "within range" after they pointed out auction prices of $99K-$115K. I don't know if I could turn down that kind of markup/opportunity.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would absolutely sell if I could get $20-$30k. Like, immediately.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah- there’s a Badlands on there now for $115k! Some dealer in VA. I would never buy from that dealership ever for pricing like that. I get the ADM and economy and all that, but that’s just crooked as it gets.
Why is that crooked?

I just don't see how dealer A selling a Bronco for price X makes them "crooked". They are forthright and acting in good faith, a buyer has every right to accept or not accept the terms...what is the big deal?

So long as the buyer and the seller agree to terms, what the hell is crooked there?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is that crooked?

I just don't see how dealer A selling a Bronco for price X makes them "crooked". They are forthright and acting in good faith, a buyer has every right to accept or not accept the terms...what is the big deal?

So long as the buyer and the seller agree to terms, what the hell is crooked there?
If you’re ok with essentially doubling the price of a mass produced vehicle- not limited in anyway other than current short term production- then that’s your prerogative. To me- it’s crooked. To each their own. It’s just another dealer marked off my potential future purchase list.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you’re ok with essentially doubling the price of a mass produced vehicle- not limited in anyway other than current short term production- then that’s your prerogative. To me- it’s crooked. To each their own. It’s just another dealer marked off my potential future purchase list.
The definition of "Crooked"

dishonest; illegal.
"a crooked business deal"

There is nothing dishonest or illegal. In fact, if it is advertised, it is the opposite of dishonesty.

I sold my 2012 Subaru WRX for $15K in June, double what the offer was in February for the same car. Was that dishonest? Of course not. Most of you will sell your car for more than what it was worth 6-12 months ago.

Ford Bronco So Am I Crazy? 19789999

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The definition of "Crooked"

dishonest; illegal.
"a crooked business deal"

There is nothing dishonest or illegal. In fact, if it is advertised, it is the opposite of dishonesty.

I sold my 2012 Subaru WRX for $15K in June, double what the offer was in February for the same car. Was that dishonest? Of course not. Most of you will sell your car for more than what it was worth 6-12 months ago.

Ford Bronco So Am I Crazy? 19789999
Good for you. I disagree. All you need to know.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the other hand, with the immediate appreciation in value will I be a bit reluctant to get it dinged up, pin striped, undercarriage scraped up?
Probably not.
………..but I’ve stopped taking my NAS Defender 90 through the brambles for just that reason.
……..but 3-4 years from now we probably won’t be able to drive around the block without seeing three B6Gs.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right there with you - I have a base and I have had dealerships call me and offer 10k over.
If you sell it, sell it to a dealer for 50k over MSRP or higher.

BacktotheOval

First Edition
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slow cars, fast cars, and a bus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Clearly, they just haven't met your price. Unless someone's coming up to me, cash in hand + title/keys to a G63, I'm keeping mine. Of course, now that I wrote that, I'd be highly suspicious of the person who came with that kind of offer. Fortunately, it's more fun to drive off in my Bronco than to entertain any offers. I'm positive they're not having as much fun counting their cash.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealership charged a $1K ADM, but they disclosed it when I ordered and they put it in writing. Now, for MY22s, it's $3K, but they still disclose it and put it in writing. This actually makes them the cheapest in the area by keeping it to 10% or less of MSRP (some are doing as much as $20K on higher-end trims, others doing $5K, but to get MSRP or better, you have to get out of the area entirely).

I only went with the FE because it was actually the cheapest way to get the exact configuration I wanted with the options I wanted and the colors I wanted. To go wither another trim, it would have been about $4000 more to get it how I wanted it. FE saved me from that. That's also part of why the $1K ADM didn't bother me. I still see it as saving $3K in the end over ordering a Badlands or Wild Trak and modifying it to be 'all things equal'.

What bothers me the most is that it seems like some dealerships are doing some shady stuff scouring records or something. I got 2 calls from two different dealerships asking me if I would be willing to sell mine. I haven't even had it 24 hours yet! That is something Ford probably needs to look into because it screams of all sorts of privacy law violations to me.

But for me, I have what I want, the way I wanted it, and I plan to enjoy it every inch and every mile I have it until either I or it cannot move under its own power anymore. That could be in 5 years, or it could be 50. It's not for sale at any price.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell them you’ve researched and you’ll sell it to them at dealer prices- $125k or higher.

oneshot

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, but that's beside the point. Everyone who sees the Bronco is loving it but the first or second question out of their mouth is quite literally, "Dude, why didn't you resell it? You could make a schnike(sp?) ton of money (my wife has asked me that once or twice as well, she just doesn't call me Dude). I chuckle and say, I know, I know. My response is always, "you can make more money but they won't be making anymore 2021 FE Broncos; and I can't take it with me so why not enjoy it while I can."

Every time someone says something like that I peek back into the Auto resellers and think, "geesh am I" giving up $20-30K? Not buyer's remorse, but more like resellers regret.
I want a Bronco not to Sell by to enjoy Hung Tuff
Sponsored