First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Velocity Blue BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not the massive gap right? this thin dark line line on the rearmost panel is the separation? Just want to know exactly where to look as I'm expecting to take delivery any day now.

Thanks for flagging it!

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 1635299788664

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted this on the dirt mountain tracker thread yesterday. It's sad that we waited 3+ months for something that still seems unacceptable for the intended purpose.
Gotcha. May be time for a super thread to track issues of MIC 2.0 tops. Is that your rearmost portion by the rear window?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not the massive gap right? this thin dark line line on the rearmost panel is the separation? Just want to know exactly where to look as I'm expecting to take delivery any day now.

Thanks for flagging it!

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days D524C83F-A129-4A38-B346-5114B44BA9C3
Yep. Gap is normal. It's that brown edge. That's the exposed inner portion of the panel.

I live in a very dry climate so it's not an issue for me, but if water gets in there and freezes, you're gonna see some real issues develop.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Admins will hide this thread in the “issues” forum that gets no traffic just like my MIC 2 top post…

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days D524C83F-A129-4A38-B346-5114B44BA9C3
I've shared my part. If the community wants to ignore it to keep it moving, so be it. That's a tough choice I don't want to make.. but I don't think these are isolated. I think the rear section is MIC 1.0. SAME issues while the panels seem newer.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's ridiculous they are still having the exact same issues as before. So glad I switched to a soft top. love driving around with my top down. Hopefully they solve the problem with the 3.0 top

Deleted member 12876

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 01009D23-2257-4160-8C60-D3422EBCCD0F

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

BTW, Im happy to delete this and bite the bullet if the forum wants to go that way. Im not in love with the idea of being the reason of another delay.

There is also slight honeycombing.
Sorry to see that, and confirm the issue as I stop at a dealership today to check out a recent delivery and this is what I seen

CC3025F0-B047-43F4-AA96-BA278DEE5C3E.jpeg

6AB3D0AD-59E3-43B6-8243-4DA43F853D9B.jpeg

Sponsored

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why are you guys so willing to accept a shitty product for what we are paying these broncos should be perfect
This is definitely not a shitty product. Also in terms of cars... they don't cost that much money. I dunno, I find it to be a great product for a reasonable price. Unfortunate that the hard tops have been a struggle but I think Ford has done a lot to make it right, and honestly I would rather get my vehicle sooner than later.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 9/23 build is the same. I'm not convinced there is a MIC 2.0.
01009D23-2257-4160-8C60-D3422EBCCD0F.jpeg
That's what mine started off as. It's pulled apart in the few days I've had it. Wonder if it's related to the touch free car wash..

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is definitely not a shitty product. Also in terms of cars... they don't cost that much money. I dunno, I find it to be a great product for a reasonable price. Unfortunate that the hard tops have been a struggle but I think Ford has done a lot to make it right, and honestly I would rather get my vehicle sooner than later.
You misunderstood the bronco is not shitty the mic top is what is shitty

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20211026_170947.jpg

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

BTW, Im happy to delete this and bite the bullet if the forum wants to go that way. Im not in love with the idea of being the reason of another delay.

There is also slight honeycombing.
Horrible news. Weather has been great here in Phoenix so this is definitely not a climate issue but an example of bad engineering.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's ridiculous they are still having the exact same issues as before. So glad I switched to a soft top. love driving around with my top down. Hopefully they solve the problem with the 3.0 top
This shit is starting to turn out like Tony starks iron man armor he started with mark 1 we going to be onto mic top 3.0 soon
Sponsored