Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unreal. At this rate Ford is gonna eat away all their profits on hard top warranty claims. Glad I switched to a soft top since it seems this will never end. My understanding is a different vendor will make the Mod top but I hope their plan is to get rid of Webasto altogether. This is unacceptable. Get it together Ford.

Yeah, but this isn't Webasto anymore, This is ford itself putting forth a shitty design. Webasto has been building exactly what they've been told to, the entire time.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubt that was Ford.... I blame the 18 year old working midnights at Webasto and his dope smoking buddy in QC....
It’s a FORD Bronco, not a Webasto bronco. Ford is responsible for what goes in and on their vehicles.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm going to mix up so epoxy with gray dye and rub it in the edge. Plenty of time to clean it off the visible part of the top and it'll work like a charm. I likely would not swap tops for this if given the chance, to be honest.
J b weld is gray epoxy

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is definitely not a shitty product. Also in terms of cars... they don't cost that much money. I dunno, I find it to be a great product for a reasonable price. Unfortunate that the hard tops have been a struggle but I think Ford has done a lot to make it right, and honestly I would rather get my vehicle sooner than later.
Amen, sista. Let um roll. There is no such thing as perfect in anything. 100% agree; the Bronco has a raft of awesomeness for a very reasonable price.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine is on the train right now, and ill take it with the top on it regardless of if it has these edges or not. I'll just warranty claim it later. It sat on dirt mountain for three months, so ill take it now and have for fix it later. What a pain.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Me too. Honestly. I'm not even sure I would swap to a perfect top given a chance. It'll just never be a real issue here in the desert.
Ford just announced all 22 MY allocations will be going to only dealerships in desert climates. Saudi Arabia just scored

Sponsored

Spidie

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 sport trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
20211026_170947.jpg

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

BTW, Im happy to delete this and bite the bullet if the forum wants to go that way. Im not in love with the idea of being the reason of another delay.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Im going to use some high strength epoxy with gray pigment to reinforce the edging. My plan is to rub it in the openings all along the edge and then clean it off the visible panel. That should reinforce the edging while sealing out water.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

a1931813-56b3-497f-881c-0758613555f0-jpeg.jpg

288c57dc-4591-4404-bc1f-d8601324f2b6-jpeg.jpg

04e1b6df-d25f-46d0-8ddb-892607b453f1-jpeg.jpg

0308985f-81ad-4b3f-ba55-09ac863f705f-jpeg.jpg

0d6c9c32-1345-4305-9bd1-cc6aee377a22-jpeg.jpg
😱

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why are you guys so willing to accept a shitty product for what we are paying these broncos should be perfect
So what exactly happens if I say I don’t want the car because of top issues? Where do I go in line then and what happens to my Bronco? Here’s my guess…no one has a freaking clue. I bet it gets sold out from under me the next hour, signed agreement or no. I’ll take a little issue and try to have it fixed, not walk away on delivery day.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well seems like you maybe can't build a quality top within the weight limitation specs. All the problems not just tops seem to be related....hmmm

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotcha. May be time for a super thread to track issues of MIC 2.0 tops. Is that your rearmost portion by the rear window?
Yes, that's looking rearward on the driver side at the seam (crevasse?) aft of the side glass. The current appearance doesn't bother me but if this starts to look like particle board sitting in the rain then we're going to have a problem. I'm afraid to try any kind of fix that might void the warranty, assuming they'll even address a "cosmetic" issue down the road. I do have plenty of snake skin effect going on as well. What exactly was the MIC 2.0 supposed to be fixing? My top was made 9/21, FWIW.
Sponsored