WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, but this isn't Webasto anymore, This is ford itself putting forth a shitty design. Webasto has been building exactly what they've been told to, the entire time.
Maybe it is but Jeep isn't having this problem with their hard top supplier (Quadratec?) are they? Maybe Ford should take a page outta their book.
Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is on the train right now, and ill take it with the top on it regardless of if it has these edges or not. I'll just warranty claim it later. It sat on dirt mountain for three months, so ill take it now and have for fix it later. What a pain.
I'd make them give you a soft top till they have a completed finished hardtop.

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
feeling like my choice to go with the soft top may have been a wise one.
I was always waiting for the MOD top, but it looks v2.0 will still more revision. smh
CD087B3D-3B2B-4877-93A2-F996565BD6AF.gif
This is probably the problem you were told about. Tops arenā€™t going so well.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to use some high strength epoxy with gray pigment to reinforce the edging. My plan is to rub it in the openings all along the edge and then clean it off the visible panel. That should reinforce the edging while sealing out water.
That's going to void the warranty faster than waxing it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatchado? Share the number 1 song in country?šŸ˜†
That's a banger. Check out #2! What a world!
Yes, that's looking rearward on the driver side at the seam (crevasse?) aft of the side glass. The current appearance doesn't bother me but if this starts to look like particle board sitting in the rain then we're going to have a problem. I'm afraid to try any kind of fix that might void the warranty, assuming they'll even address a "cosmetic" issue down the road. I do have plenty of snake skin effect going on as well. What exactly was the MIC 2.0 supposed to be fixing? My top was made 9/21, FWIW.
My plan is to talk to the dealership and fix it unless instructed not to do so. If my fix fails, well my Bronco is going to look killer with that Fastback soft top!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Weā€™re is the little drummer boy or premier drummer he been mia maybe he can shed some light on what Ford knows about the mic 2.0
Enh, there's no conspiracy here. The dude's a band teacher, and it's currently marching band season. Having had a child in marching band, it's....hectic. I'm sure he'll pop back up more consistently when HS football season is over

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really considering a soft top and just getting a MIC once the issues are fixed, or going aftermarket. Don't want to, but having the truck and waiting for a good top sounds better than hoping for a warranty top replacement.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've shared my part. If the community wants to ignore it to keep it moving, so be it. That's a tough choice I don't want to make.. but I don't think these are isolated. I think the rear section is MIC 1.0. SAME issues while the panels seem newer.
I would be slightly more okay if it was just the community ignoring it, but if the ford emplolyed admin is covering things up that would be a worse red flag.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what exactly happens if I say I donā€™t want the car because of top issues? Where do I go in line then and what happens to my Bronco? Hereā€™s my guessā€¦no one has a freaking clue. I bet it gets sold out from under me the next hour, signed agreement or no. Iā€™ll take a little issue and try to have it fixed, not walk away on delivery day.
They should at least offer evryone a soft top option I was against it especially after seeing how the rail was rubbing off the paint on the pillars but If they gave me an option for soft top on my 2 door I think Iā€™d consoder it this mic top is going to be a throwaway once that slant hard top comes out. I might use the mic top as target practice

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Report it yā€™all!! Ford needs to rush the MOD tops. The MICs just canā€™t be built correctly lol
mark my words. those tops will be jacked up too. Roughly the same design, and 100% the same designer.

OP
OP
Theherofails

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should at least offer evryone a soft top option I was against it especially after seeing how the rail was rubbing off the paint on the pillars but If they gave me an option for soft top on my 2 door I think Iā€™d consoder it this mic top is going to be a throwaway once that slant hard top comes out. I might use the mic top as target practice
The paint fiasco is fixed by a .25c piece of foam or some PPF strips.
Sponsored