Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I searched but found mostly stuff about more high level radio stuff. I’m looking for “got this off Amazon and love it” kind of gear. Prepared to spend more than $20 bucks on not a toy, but don’t really need to spend $250 know what I mean?

I figure there have to be people with a solid middle ground or even stupid low cost high reliability for the use case situations. I could go off general online reviews, but I’d rather hear what y’all have to say.

So. Recommendations?
Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For short distances, the entry-level midland gets the job done. GMRS instead of CB, but that’s where things are headed now-a-days.

There are Midland radios with more output power capabilities, but these don’t require a no-code license. Just a (10 years) GMRS license for $70.

The cheaper Baofengs are also popular, but are full HAM radios and do require a license (to operate certain radio freqs)

Last edited:

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And tonight I learned about Walkie talkie Licenses. What a world. Would be my third new license since the Bronco was announced lol (Realtor 2020, drone 2021, Walkie talkie riding into 2022?)

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tagged for interest....

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what I'm going with. Multi pack, so if someone else needs one while you travel you can let them borrow it.

Midland - X-TALKER T51VP3, 22 Channel FRS Two-Way Radio - Extended Range, 38 Privacy Codes, NOAA Weather Alert (3 Pack) (Black/Orange) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07CTBD...abc_9XC4MSQF57BSYNFEYRFZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
@AcenTitus Pete, if you ask Ashley @618TRVLWILD nice, maybe she'll get you a thorough review of the linked product. She is heading out to Moab and she better not forget her radios. By the way, they were bought from Midland using Chase Gentry's affiliate discount code (It was on his YouTube channel).

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@AcenTitus Pete, if you ask Ashley @618TRVLWILD nice, maybe she'll get you a thorough review of the linked product. She is heading out to Moab and she better not forget her radios. By the way, they were bought from Midland using Chase Gentry's affiliate discount code (It was on his YouTube channel).
I’ll have to check out that channel thanks!

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is Adventure Overland on IG. The YouTube video was their recent trail rides after Super Cel West.
Lol holy crap I actually just watched this video earlier tonight. I enjoyed the first half but had to switch it off for a phone call. Loved seeing what the stock OBX had in it! Makes me feel extra comfy with my BD

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol holy crap I actually just watched this video earlier tonight. I enjoyed the first half but had to switch it off for a phone call. Loved seeing what the stock OBX had in it! Makes me feel extra comfy with my BD
Expand the video description and he has all the associated links and coupon codes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I wound up getting and am very happy with so far!

https://amzn.to/3EANy0X

Ford Bronco Walkie Talkie Thread 76644A38-B1D4-427A-A53D-DB798891FA4F
Ford Bronco Walkie Talkie Thread C291CA72-789A-4189-ABBE-1C5B23E6EF87

Sorry I didn’t have a pineapple for scale. I wear a size large glove if this helps.

Ford Bronco Walkie Talkie Thread 4F10210C-3094-4BF3-BDC7-5200C2AF2343

Last edited:

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I'm going with. Multi pack, so if someone else needs one while you travel you can let them borrow it.

Midland - X-TALKER T51VP3, 22 Channel FRS Two-Way Radio - Extended Range, 38 Privacy Codes, NOAA Weather Alert (3 Pack) (Black/Orange) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07CTBD...abc_9XC4MSQF57BSYNFEYRFZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Dunno if I'd waste my money on these...
Better to get yourself a single GMRS and tune in with everyone else. Or get your 3 pack and pass them out to all your buddy's 🤷

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dunno if I'd waste my money on these...
Better to get yourself a single GMRS and tune in with everyone else. Or get your 3 pack and pass them out to all your buddy's 🤷
I'm actually getting some Rugged Radio GMRS radios now... totally different direction.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanna have comms as well, but I also need to communicate with active logging road channels if need be. So...CB or GMRS? It's in the 150Mhz to 170Mhz range for northern Ontario 🤷
Sponsored