First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at the bottom hinge on the rear door I'll bet you find your culprit. That looks like a perfect place and length for the hinge to have scraped the paint when trying to take off or install the door. Who did? Not going to speculate but that type of scratch would be consistent with my theory.
Good call!! I can totally see that now you say it. I'll bet this was it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BL2.7SAS4DR

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at the bottom hinge on the rear door I'll bet you find your culprit. That looks like a perfect place and length for the hinge to have scraped the paint when trying to take off or install the door. Who did? Not going to speculate but that type of scratch would be consistent with my theory.
I haven't removed the rear doors yet. Just the front doors. I only took them off one time and I was very careful.

OP
OP
BL2.7SAS4DR

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was done removing or replacing the door. I get your absolute frustration but nobody was like "oooooh the doors off on this bronco. I'm gonna f*ck with this dude's mind and scratch it perfectly where he would scratch it with his door".

Like the guy who got his bronco and promptly dropped the door on a corner and split a seam - we're human and mess up. Gotta own it.

I'm trading my 2014 Forester in on a MavBrid (or the Bronco) whichever one hits the dealership first and I just blasted a rock in my buddy's driveway that has been there longer than he's owned the house. $850 to replace my front fascia....but I'm not over here blaming the rock for being where it's always been.
I haven't taken the rear doors off yet. Only the front doors. I also had them in the bag. The scratch was not there when the front door was stored in my garage. It appeared later in the day when I was going to put the doors back on.

OP
OP
BL2.7SAS4DR

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never seen a "vertical" key job like that....only horizontal swipes as the perp walks by the vehicle. This damage took more effort if, in fact, it was done intentionally. My two cents.
That's what I think too. I think it was a friend of my kids who they showed it too when I wasn't around. I can't prove it though.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This was done removing or replacing the door. I get your absolute frustration but nobody was like "oooooh the doors off on this bronco. I'm gonna f*ck with this dude's mind and scratch it perfectly where he would scratch it with his door".

Like the guy who got his bronco and promptly dropped the door on a corner and split a seam - we're human and mess up. Gotta own it.

I'm trading my 2014 Forester in on a MavBrid (or the Bronco) whichever one hits the dealership first and I just blasted a rock in my buddy's driveway that has been there longer than he's owned the house. $850 to replace my front fascia....but I'm not over here blaming the rock for being where it's always been.
I don't understand why it so hard to believe the OP for some. It was not his doing. Either a kid/teenager did it for whatever reason or someone did it out of spite on purpose. If the OP did it why take the time to fabricate a story that has no effect?

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't understand why it so hard to believe the OP for some. It was not his doing. Either a kid/teenager did it for whatever reason or someone did it out of spite on purpose. If the OP did it why take the time to fabricate a story that has no effect?
I don't think he is fabricating a story. OP says they did not witness it - so it's pure conjecture - which opens the floor for debate.

Like pointed out above - look at the way that the scratch moves up the door it's the perfect place and motion for the rear hinge when being removed (or potentially poorly) inserted.

OP confirmed HE hasn't removed the door - but that doesn't mean someone else didn't or that it maybe it came from the factory that way (NOT FORD QC!) and the OP didn't notice it until a few days in.

The least likely scenario however, is that a nefarious individual came up and keyed the Bronco in an inconspicuous door jamb that just happens to line up perfectly with a scratch caused by a rear door hinge during removal or re-installation.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, do you have kids? Does your kid have friends?

Here's why I'm asking: I've seen a very similiar scratch, at the Off Roadeo. During the inspection before you drive, I noticed it and told the guide, "Hey, that was there..." And the guide said, "Oh, yeah, we know about that one, the hinge dragged the first time [redacted] tried to take off the rear doors."

It looked almost exactly like your keying scratch and was really deep.

Now, here's what I'm thinking, and this only applies if you have kids and they have friends... You kid's friend came over and was like, "COOL?! Do the back doors come off too?" And your kid, being a kid, tried to take the doors off; scratched it up; tried to play it off like they weren't even there.

There, my internet sleuthing for the day is done.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't think he is fabricating a story. OP says they did not witness it - so it's pure conjecture - which opens the floor for debate.

Like pointed out above - look at the way that the scratch moves up the door it's the perfect place and motion for the rear hinge when being removed (or potentially poorly) inserted.

OP confirmed HE hasn't removed the door - but that doesn't mean someone else didn't or that it maybe it came from the factory that way (NOT FORD QC!) and the OP didn't notice it until a few days in.

The least likely scenario however, is that a nefarious individual came up and keyed the Bronco in an inconspicuous door jamb that just happens to line up perfectly with a scratch caused by a rear door hinge during removal or re-installation.
The OP should then see signs of the scratch on the offending alleged door. I give the benefit of the doubt to the OP. Not saying that providing other scenarios to help identify other potential causes is wrong, but dam outright calling the OP out like he is lying is not the Bronco6g way... or atleast it shouldn't be.

OP
OP
BL2.7SAS4DR

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, do you have kids? Does your kid have friends?

Here's why I'm asking: I've seen a very similiar scratch, at the Off Roadeo. During the inspection before you drive, I noticed it and told the guide, "Hey, that was there..." And the guide said, "Oh, yeah, we know about that one, the hinge dragged the first time [redacted] tried to take off the rear doors."

It looked almost exactly like your keying scratch and was really deep.

Now, here's what I'm thinking, and this only applies if you have kids and they have friends... You kid's friend came over and was like, "COOL?! Do the back doors come off too?" And your kid, being a kid, tried to take the doors off; scratched it up; tried to play it off like they weren't even there.

There, my internet sleuthing for the day is done.
Could be my daughter's boyfriend. Or it could have come from the factory, but I'm certain that I would have seen it. I'm getting a second Ring camera that will be on my cars.

I'm going to take the rear door off today and see if the hinge looks scratched.

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

damn, that sucks. I don't why people are such assholes. Hopefully they fall down a flight of stairs only to get up, wobble outside and see their car on fire
and try to put it out with gasoline!

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a homeless guy take a swing at my Bronco the other night while I was driving to a Lord Huron concert. I almost stopped and committed a felony but my wife kept me cool. Keep safe out there.. these trucks attract a LOT of attention, good and bad.