Sponsored

FINAL UPDATE: Complete Engine Failure - SAS Big Bend - 3wk Old / 1000mi / 2.7L EcoBoost

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just checked my freshly delivered Badlands 2.7L and it’s got a 8/1 engine. About to roll it down from NC to FL for the weekend. Wish me luck.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Terrible , this seems to be happening way to often to be a fluke thing. First we all worry about when our trucks will be built , then it's can they deliver it without damaging it during the process, then once lucky enough to get it your worrying about will the engine seize up, ugh . Very frustrating. I hope this works put for the OP but it really sucks seeing this so often .
You forgot the various things we have to zip strap, tighten up, and duct tape upon delivery, but yeah. And then there also is “will the goat modes crap out to limp mode when off roading”?

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you, or better, do you work for Ford? When you lay down 50k for a new vehicle, and the engine fails at 1000 miles, YES, you should expect immediate remediation. You can not get and install a new engine in less than 30 days. Then what mis-matched numbers with the rest, oh did you say depreciated value? Get real!
Matching numbers Broncos aren't an issue, no one cares on a truck.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So many frantic people in the engine and mic threads. Based off your reactions, you are canceling your orders, right? Or at least swapping to a 2.3 soft top?

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few people in here (per Bronco6G tradition) are being absolute little dickheads to the OP and worshipping a in-animate multi billion dollar corporation that does not know they exist.

People are asking "and just what level of service SHOULD ford be giving that they currently aren't"

Listen, if you buy a $50k product and it fails within the first 0.5% of its life, the company should have a hot line that gets answered immediately, has little to no hold time, brings a rental car to your exact location (within reason) and has a plan in place to fix the thing ASAP - or buy it back from you at full purchase price right then and there.

if you choose to have it fixed, they should certainly offer you some neat accessories or incentives or whatever.

People need to stop coddling these corporations and realize that actually, in fact, they SHOULD be treating us like kings in these situations

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, the few things that I do know is that we have seen at least 3 failed engines, there are 4 engines backordered (how many failed engines does it take before they get backordered), a guy who claimed that he knew about bad valves suddenly was deleted from the Forum, and that Melling has intake valves available for the Bronco 2.7, but not exhaust valves on Rock Auto.

I agree that it is too early to assume a systemic problem (even though random internet person stated some rather specific things about 2.7 valve problems), but that doesn't mean that the 2.7 is good to go either... Like I said, it's suspect and until Ford says something definitive, we have little to go on other than what @flip has generously shared.
Backorder happens when Ford runs out of a part. Most Bronco stuff is BO right now just due to it being a new vehicle and not sharing many parts with other Ford models. So if you have 4 engine failures but only had two long blocks (no running completes available), two are going to go on BO until the next batch hits the PDC. In this case it looks like there are 40 or so on the way to packaging.

One good example is the black bronco ornament on the back of the WTs and FEs. Ford assumes these will get replaced due to a wreck or some other failure, not people wanting blackouts. So there were only a handful in the depot and they got hundreds of orders. Supplier has to ramp up, transport, packager and then to the depot where it then fills all the outstanding orders.

DJN1985

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3, ZF6, 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
His tag says Wild Trak, so it is the 2.7. Man how I wish they optioned a nice small block non turbo V8.
I wish the 300 straight six was an option. Great motor. Or the 4.0 V6. Loved that motor in my Ranger.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you not been reading this forum? The Ford assembly line and quality checks are crap. There have been multiple hoses that fell off because the clamps weren't tight. Broncos built flat out missing parts, MIC tops that are blatantly screwed up. Loose battery cables, Heck there is a one guy who's rear seat didn't match his front seats.

I would rather have my Bronco completely torn down and rebuilt by a small handful of folks that are more focused on repairing my Bronco than the group of people that seem to be building this piss poor excuse of "Ford Tough" and more focused on who knows what (But it ain't doing their job right).

Just so we are clear - that is a UAW problem. Not a ford one. UAW allows this level of quality employee.. even pre-pandemic

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F.O.R.D.
Found on read dead??????

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do we think they have corrected this issue at this point or are they still jamming engines with bad valves into vehicles? 11/15 Build date on a 2.7 I'm nervous.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Backorder happens when Ford runs out of a part. Most Bronco stuff is BO right now just due to it being a new vehicle and not sharing many parts with other Ford models. So if you have 4 engine failures but only had two long blocks (no running completes available), two are going to go on BO until the next batch hits the PDC. In this case it looks like there are 40 or so on the way to packaging.

One good example is the black bronco ornament on the back of the WTs and FEs. Ford assumes these will get replaced due to a wreck or some other failure, not people wanting blackouts. So there were only a handful in the depot and they got hundreds of orders. Supplier has to ramp up, transport, packager and then to the depot where it then fills all the outstanding orders.
Yes, but are the 2.7 engines Bronco specific parts or are they an interchangeable part with other 2.7 vehicles?

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wish the 300 straight six was an option. Great motor. Or the 4.0 V6. Loved that motor in my Ranger.
Ha! The 300 straight six was the reason my dad swore off Fords in the 80's. He had an absolute lemon of a 300 in an 85 F150 he bought new. Timing issues from day 1, rod bearings failed at 63k miles.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where are theses engines being built?
Would you feel differently about them if I said China, Germany, Mexico, or USA?

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha! The 300 straight six was the reason my dad swore off Fords in the 80's. He had an absolute lemon of a 300 in an 85 F150 he bought new. Timing issues from day 1, rod bearings failed at 63k miles.
dang, that was supposed to be one of the most reliable ford motors

I had it in a 88 F150 too, mated to a manual transmission. Great truck
Sponsored