First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im glad I’m not the only one. I was thinking the base headlights looked better without the led stripe. Still deciding between the black diamond and badlands. So I may end up with the upgraded ones. Depends on how the build pricing is.
Yeah it's all based on individual needs/wants. For me, the Bronco will be a daily driver so I want certain things like leather & heated seats, etc. I'm looking at Black Diamond and Big Bend myself, but leaning towards the latter as I won't need a lot of the upgrades offered in BD.

I do also wonder if Ford dealers offer dealer-installed leather seats even if this is not offered for specific Bronco models.
Sponsored

Zee218

Wildtrak
First Name
Ziyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M235
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same. It’s a retro truck. So retro lights fit better. I also want to paint the bronco letters black once I got mine.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have never thought about the type of bulb in a tail light, I definitely wouldn’t spend a dime on upgrading personally. I’m sure a new vehicle will have sufficient “Base” taillights.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah it's all based on individual needs/wants. For me, the Bronco will be a daily driver so I want certain things like leather & heated seats, etc. I'm looking at Black Diamond and Big Bend myself, but leaning towards the latter as I won't need a lot of the upgrades offered in BD.

I do also wonder if Ford dealers offer dealer-installed leather seats even if this is not offered for specific Bronco models.
I will probably get he Black Diamond with Sasquatch and medium package. I want all the off road goodies and my wife wants the goodies that come with the medium package. I am just not sure of the price difference of the Sasquatch package between the Black Diamond and Badlands, since the badlands already has most of the Sasquatch on it. It may make sense to get it, if the price isn't much more.

Right now I have a 2015 4Runner and it is a great truck. But it lacks any modern interior amenities. It will be nice to have some in the Bronco.

Sponsored

Simon629

Badlands
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im glad I’m not the only one. I was thinking the base headlights looked better without the led stripe. Still deciding between the black diamond and badlands. So I may end up with the upgraded ones. Depends on how the build pricing is.
Anyone who doesn’t like the higher trimmed taillights I’m wiling to swap with you lol. I’m getting the big bend so I’m gonna have that base model type taillight but I like the higher trimmed ones as shown above.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The lower trims (not sure for which models exactly) definitely seem to have a traditional non-LED tail light versus the higher trims.

bronco1.JPG

Bronco2.JPG
**HAVE UPDATED THIS INFO IN POST 29 BELOW, IT IS BLIS-CONTENT DEPENDENT**

This is consistent with Ford's taillights on the Ranger and their other new models.

Because the blind spot sensors and what-not are integrated in the taillight, you got the LED taillights if you had a trim level with the BLISS.

If you went with a base model that did not have that technology, you got the non-LED tail lights.

FYI: in the Ranger forums (The GF has a 2019 Ranger), the BLISS taillights have a MSRP of about $1,600 each. Sooooooo if you're a serious offroader, the base taillights will be preferable. Some people have reported being able to buy taillights off of wrecked Rangers for only about $1,000 each... And they have completely different wiring and are not compatible.

Last edited:

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The headlights and grille on the Badlands is a major factor for me going with it. I could easily go with the Black Diamond, but it looks like a base model to me. Now if you can upgrade headlights and grilles as options on all models...well that will change everything (highly doubt that will happen though, have to wait for aftermarket I bet)

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Morning y'all!

What are your opinions on the headlights available? While I feel the signature lighting is cool, I actually prefer the standard LED lighting as it's more retro.
I prefer the signature headlights and taillights. I am a little surprised that they didn't include the headlights on all models as an iconic feature to counter the "jeep grill".

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is consistent with Ford's taillights on the Ranger and their other new models.

Because the blind spot sensors and what-not are integrated in the taillight, you got the LED taillights if you had a trim level with the BLISS.

If you went with a base model that did not have that technology, you got the non-LED tail lights.

FYI: in the Ranger forums (The GF has a 2019 Ranger), the BLISS taillights have a MSRP of about $1,600 each. Sooooooo if you're a serious offroader, the base taillights will be preferable. Some people have reported being able to buy taillights off of wrecked Rangers for only about $1,000 each... And they have completely different wiring and are not compatible.
Then how much would the BLISS option be? I do like the LED tail lights.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
BLIS is listed as part of the "mid package", so unless your trim level comes with BLIS standard, i'm betting the tail lights switch to the LED with the inclusion of "mid package" and will be standard with the incandescent bulbs if you don't have that package.

Ford Bronco Standard vs. Signature Lighting 1595874405166

Ironically, the only features I like out of the entire Mid Package are the power outlets and reverse sensing system (really helps when backing a vehicle into the garage as our garage is constantly shifting due to projects).

The replacement cost for the rear lights would keep me from wanting them if I was a serious off-roader. That being said, this is literally the first vehicle with off-road capabilities that i've ever been interested in, so this is just a guess.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Blis is a must have for me. I've had it in my last 3 vehicles... but if Ford over engineered a simple taillight to make it cost $1,000 or more I'm going to be pissed.

Guess I'll be buying brush guards for them ASAP.

As for LED tails... OBx is the first trim that Specifically mentions LED taillights... but it is part of the signature LED headlight phrase so it could be interpreted different ways.
Sponsored