Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all. I received my Bronco on October 18 and will be sharing my gear, mods, and stories in this journal post.

Build details:

2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door in Oxford White.
2.7 ecoboost w/ 10 speed auto
Sasquatch Package (35s and 4.7 gearing)
Equipment Group 333A High Package
Tow Package
Originally a Hard Top and switched over to Hard Top prep kit with soft top once the option became available

So far I like the soft top quite a bit more in person than I did from photos and video. Pretty easy to take down and put up. I plan on keeping wheels and suspension as stock sasquatch at least until the GoodYears are fairly worn out. This Bronco will be seeing as many trails as time permits so I'll be focused on loading it up with some recovery gear and other offroad equipment before I dive into bigger changes. I may spring for the 4wp bumper set soon. In the meantime I'll be sharing any notes I have on kitting it with gear and posting updates if I can get out on the weekends.

Thanks for reading ✌

So far I call him Jerry. Here's Jerry with a little splash of clay flavor:
Ford Bronco Bobby Gene's Badlands Journal 20211025_211812-01

First mod was to cook the fridge magnets off and replace them with the BroncoDepot classic script from @Rickperry aka Phil. Great offering, Phil!

I went for a white on white look to keep it more subtle.

Ford Bronco Bobby Gene's Badlands Journal 20211026_171820-01

Stay tuned for more coming soon :D
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last night I mounted a fire extinguisher under the back seat. It's under the rear passenger seat so that it remains fairly reachable to me from the driver seat. This was by far the best location I could come up with where it was accessible to me while sitting in the driver seat, which was important to me. I have MGV manual seats so the seat release lever underneath the driver seat does not really leave much room in the front. I did not want it crowding any leg room in front driver or passenger and I did not want to use Molle space on the back seats (and mess with rear passenger knee space) with this.

From a profile view, you can see that there is quite a bit of space under the rear seats. Unfortunately, that space is nearly all reclaimed when the seats get folded down. The tail end of the seat cushion will slot down snug against the back of this cavity you can see here. However, this front part of the cavity hovers a good 6-7 inches when the seat is down. So about half the space directly under the seat is always open air.
Ford Bronco Bobby Gene's Badlands Journal 20211027_224653

The fire extinguisher is a First Alert HOME1 1-A:10-B:C which is listed as 15" tall and 4" diameter. I purchased a mounting sleeve from amazon called a Bartact Roll Bar Fire Extinguisher Mount. It's sort of a neoprene sleeve with some slight stretch and they have many colors. It also comes with two long velco straps to wrap around a bar tightly. I got lucky and mounting it here was extremely easy. Underneath the seat there is a solid bar right up under the width for the hinged posts to mount to. It's about 1 inch diameter and just presses up against the foam under the seat. After slotting the extinguisher into the sleeve, you can run the straps around the seat bar and just tighten it up in there. It needs to sit slightly away from center in order to not hit the center hump when down.
Ford Bronco Bobby Gene's Badlands Journal 20211027_224707

Here is a short clip of me taking the seat from upright / locked and slamming it down into the flat position. When down, there is about a 1 inch gap underneath and around the top end of the extinguisher. It doesn't ever touch anything or get smashed.

While it is extremely reachable from the driver's seat as I said, it does not slide out very easily. It's pretty snug in there and the spray nozzle assembly seats firmly against the foam and post. I would not be able to grab it and slide it out smoothly. Instead, I spun the velcro straps so that the ends (with convenient red pull tabs) stick out and are easy to grab. I just need to rip one of the straps open and then there will be more play and the extinguisher can be yanked out much more easily.

I have a first aid kit that is about the same thickness but probably twice as long. Seems like it will still fit in this space and I intend to mount it similarly underneath the rear driver side. Will update with how that turns out.

Thanks for reading ✌

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated with mod #2: fire extinguisher :D

Hoping to come up with solutions for a bottle jack, jumper cables, maxtrax, axe, and shovel in the next week or so once everything arrives.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all. I received my Bronco on October 18 and will be sharing my gear, mods, and stories in this journal post.

Build details:

2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door in Oxford White.
2.7 ecoboost w/ 10 speed auto
Sasquatch Package (35s and 4.7 gearing)
Equipment Group 333A High Package
Tow Package
Originally a Hard Top and switched over to Hard Top prep kit with soft top once the option became available

So far I like the soft top quite a bit more in person than I did from photos and video. Pretty easy to take down and put up. I plan on keeping wheels and suspension as stock sasquatch at least until the GoodYears are fairly worn out. This Bronco will be seeing as many trails as time permits so I'll be focused on loading it up with some recovery gear and other offroad equipment before I dive into bigger changes. I may spring for the 4wp bumper set soon. In the meantime I'll be sharing any notes I have on kitting it with gear and posting updates if I can get out on the weekends.

Thanks for reading ✌

So far I call him Jerry. Here's Jerry with a little splash of clay flavor:

First mod was to cook the fridge magnets off and replace them with the BroncoDepot classic script from @Rickperry aka Phil. Great offering, Phil!

I went for a white on white look to keep it more subtle.

Stay tuned for more coming soon :D
Can you order the old school badge ?

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you order the old school badge ?
There are a few aftermarket options I've seen including Bronco Depot. That's by Phil, the guy mentioned above.
Sponsored