Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Enjoy your Bronco but lay off the 'poser' nonsense.

Does anyone else remember this crap? Archeology only possible with a 4 door. FFS man! :ROFLMAO:
Agreed. Not sure what the poster was smoking but I want some.
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seriously, though there is no "right" or "wrong" way to do this. Everybody has their own compromise: yours may be the roof, the engine, whatever, my compromise is time.

I personally think that the OEM engineering that goes into Sasquatch is pretty cool, and worth the extra money. You can get a similar 'look' aftermarket, but the suspension, gearing, beefier front axle give me more confidence than an aftermarket lift and bigger wheel/tires. But that's me.

Eventually, Ford will ramp up production on the higher trim models/packages because frankly, that's where the biggest profits are to be had. They spent a huge amount of money designing the Bronco and retooling an assembly plant to produce it. MAP can produce only a certain volume of trucks per year, and Ford wants to make as much profit per truck as possible.

Ford screwed up its product mix forecast: the customer base is more biased toward the expensive stuff. It will take a little while for them to fix their supply chain issues. Ultimately, if they fail to deliver then a chunk of us will bail and shift to competitor products. The 4Runner redesign is nipping at their heels.

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
So many Bronco snobs and some of you will never even hit a trail....You can all laugh at me too when I'm on line at Starbucks looking bad ass in my Outer Banks on 33s wishing you didn't have to wait 2 years.

Check out some of the videos of what these stock Broncos are capable of and stop worrying about the size of yours...
so true. stock versions exist for all wants
my basequatch says hortons vs starbucks, but just wish it was louder
you know, for safety, scare away bears and stuff

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amen; those fries are garbage.

Some of y’all don’t have a Shake Shack nearby, and it shows.
No they're awesome. People just aren't used to eating food that isn't covered in extra chemicals. You're actually tasting the starch that's in a real potato :)

Sponsored

Silentwutch

Raptor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco Raptor, 23 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a reservation 8/20 which I cancelled after my employer was bought out and wasn't sure what was happening with my position. I reserved again a little over 3 months ago. You can see my options below. I just received the email mine was scheduled for production 1st week of January. I was the first converted my22 order out of the 2 orders my dealer has. So I can only assume since I was their first allocation my order got pulled??? I have some restraining items on my build for sure and was planning on driving my 1st Edition Sport until next fall at least.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jumping the line for a "Big Bend std package with a 2.3L and soft top" is like abandoning the wait at a nice restaurant to go get a mcdouble.
This has to be the best way I've ever seen this put. I'm not settling for stripped down shit just to get my Bronco early.

TKFIVE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No they're awesome. People just aren't used to eating food that isn't covered in extra chemicals. You're actually tasting the starch that's in a real potato :)
I can just bite a potato if I want the pure starch experience. French fries done right are twice fried according to the experts.🤷🏼‍♂️

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This has to be the best way I've ever seen this put. I'm not settling for stripped down shit just to get my Bronco early.
I will wait patiently (or maybe impatiently) for my Wildtrak. The base Bronco is still a nice ride. Add a small lift and upgraded wheel/tires. Sell it in 2 years after the craziness is over. It's not a bad strategy. I hold on to vehicles for well over a decade, so it's not for me.

From what I have been reading, the MY'21 Wildtraks orders that were converted to M'22 are starting to get scheduled. My reservation is from June '21, so I'm in the middle of the pack, I guess.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"No offense, but" INSERT TRASH TAKE HERE

As a Big Bend, 4dr, Soft Top order holder, I'm sorry you can't wrap your head around the idea that big tires, lifts and lockers mean a lot less offroad than actual driving skills. I know this from driving a stock Bronco and Wrangler on trails for 20 years now. Never needed that stuff, not going to pay $50K+ and wait an additional year or two to get it now.

Enjoy your wait. I'll be overlanding while you're waiting.

And for the record, In-N-Out has a solid burger, but the fries are worthless.
My buddy bought a loaded Rubicon 4 years ago, and has never gone off-road, and probably doesn't even know if the lockers or other uprated features even work on the vehicle, lol. Same will occur for buyers of the uprated Bronco versions.

Like a lot of folks, I off-roaded for many years with open diff 4x4s and not especially large tires. The driver skill and ability to handle risk will determine who has excitement and adventure in their Broncos - base or Sas or any version in between.

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow we have ourselves a real Einstein here, everyone that’s on this forum realizes they can change their option packages to get their bronco built sooner.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a two week old order schedule today for us. I know reservations are important but only when it comes down to the last factor in scheduling. Right now it’s all about having a “buildable” order. The Bronco is a Big Bend std package with a 2.3L and soft top of course. Jumped in front of my other BB’s that had more options and were reservation holders. Almost seems unfair for the ones that have been waiting so long but it’s all about commodity restrictions. Like so many have said before. If you want it fast, this is a good combination to go with and add to it later. But for the ones who want to extras, including myself, we will continue to wait it out.
Congrats, but curious if you really wanted a softtop?

I bought a new 94 Defender softtop when they first came out. I couldn't stand it and sold it a year later and bought a 95 Defender hardtop, much better. My first Wrangler was a softtop and the last 3 were hardtops. Having owned those softtops, I definitely way prefer a hardtop and I would never settle on a Bronco softtop. I understand the urge to get the vehicle as soon as possible, but I honestly wonder how many people will ultimately not be happy with a cloth top?

OP
OP
DaveR5658

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats, but curious if you really wanted a softtop?

I bought a new 94 Defender softtop when they first came out. I couldn't stand it and sold it a year later and bought a 95 Defender hardtop, much better. My first Wrangler was a softtop and the last 3 were hardtops. Having owned those softtops, I definitely way prefer a hardtop and I would never settle on a Bronco softtop. I understand the urge to get the vehicle as soon as possible, but I honestly wonder how many people will ultimately not be happy with a cloth top?
I wonder too. Especially with winter coming on. We are waiting for a hardtop. Not even considering a soft top. Hard tops are going to be expensive. We had to replace the frame and just to top portion of the soft top on one of our demos and it was close to $5k.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are a lot of different ways to approach all this and many are informed by the terrain you intend to tackle... Personally, I went with the mall crawling super-spec, because it addressed my needs. I needed something that was going to be as good on the street as it was likely to be off the street.

I didn't want 35's, 4.7's, a front locker that didn't work over 20 MPH, wash out floors, or vinyl seats that I would stick to and burn in the Texas heat. I did want a really capable rig that had good articulation, was nimble, had adequate power, with all the modern creature comforts (ACC, AC, heated seats, etc). That's why I ended up with a mall crawler that needs a little modification to really achieve everything I want from it.

My ultimate mall crawler will see the dirt frequently. It's a simple plan 2D 2.7 Adv 4x4 OBX with Lux and Tow. Mix in the Badlands Shocks and Springs, a hidden winch, a TrueTrac Differential, and 33.5" Tires. That will be plenty capable.

I will likely add some additional underside protection, but beyond that... I don't see myself making too many other serious modifications. I guess if I am feeling froggy, I might put a 1" lift/leveling kit on it, but I doubt it. The only thing really missing, the Sway Bar Disconnect, which for my driving style and terrain that I expect to tackle, shouldn't be a big deal.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Reservations are not as important as everyone seems to think 23D58587-0082-4A86-AFEE-0AFAE7492BB3

See, I told you guys. Californians salty AF when you talk about how average in N out is.
Sponsored