Sponsored

Would anyone want to see a Bronco with no removable parts?

kingtut38

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado High Country Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My favorites have always been Landrcuisers and Defenders. Since Toyota and LR have dropped the ball with their designs I would love to see a Bronco Wagon SUV. It seems like it would pull a lot of Defender and LC lovers over. I always wanted to see a larger Jeep JL Wagon but it doesn't seem like that's what people want.

Just curious about your opinion.

This is my first post here and I hope to learn a lot from you guys.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mean no removable top? in that case.......no. That would become the new FJ Cruiser, that people stopped buying after the first two years. That top is critical to people buying them.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i don't think LR dropped the design. i think it looks great. much better in person.
Toyota on the other hand move the land cruiser from an off roader to a large people mover.

i would rarely remove the top if i do end up purchasing the bronco. that said, if there was to be a fixed roof version, i'd expect a massive panoramic roof. i do like the idea of removing the top, the doors i don't care about removing.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You mean no removable top? in that case.......no. That would become the new FJ Cruiser, that people stopped buying after the first two years. That top is critical to people buying them.
Expanding on this comment... A non-removable top is a Bronco II. Even when Chevy switched to the non-removable top, Ford kept theirs. So hell NO.

Other then that, I don't know what you'd want not removable. Cuz with the right tools every vehicle is nothing more than a bunch of removable parts.

Edit: The doors I really don't care if they are easily removable as I won't be doing that anyways.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kingtut38

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Expanding on this comment... A non-removable top is a Bronco II. Even when Chevy switched to the non-removable top, Ford kept theirs. So hell NO.

Other then that, I don't know what you'd want not removable. Cuz with the right tools every vehicle is nothing more than a bunch of removable parts.

Edit: The doors I really don't care if they are easily removable as I won't be doing that anyways.
I'm just thinking it might attract people that would want the look of the Bronco (which to my eye is Defender\Landcruiserish) and the refinement of a lower noise environment. There's really nothing out there now that captures what the new Bronco has going for it.

I wonder which would sell better- a fixed roof\non-removable door Bronco or the Bronco Sport?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm just thinking it might attract people that would want the look of the Bronco (which to my eye is Defender\Landcruiserish) and the refinement of a lower noise environment. There's really nothing out there now that captures what the new Bronco has going for it.

I wonder which would sell better- a fixed roof\non-removable door Bronco or the Bronco Sport?
I've had 3 different FSB's and never once did I think they were loud because of the fiberglass top. I think there would be a HUGE uproar if the new Bronco didn't come with a removable top. Everyone would probably compare it to that thing that Chevy is currently calling a Blazer.. It just wouldn't be a Bronco.

OP
OP

kingtut38

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had 3 different FSB's and never once did I think they were loud because of the fiberglass top. I think there would be a HUGE uproar if the new Bronco didn't come with a removable top. Everyone would probably compare it to that thing that Chevy is currently calling a Blazer.. It just wouldn't be a Bronco.
You make a fair point. Having said that, there's bound to be a market for this type of SUV or else you wouldn't see things like this coming...

https://www.motortrend.com/news/202...-look-land-rover-defender-style-off-road-suv/

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My last Bronco was in 1988 without removable doors and windows and I survived just fine. I am concerned about squeaks and leaks with this new one. I'm not planning on removing either the doors or roof.
I'm sure it will be a lot better than the old stuff with regard to leaks and squeaks but hey if you never want to take it off AND it has either of those issues then grab yourself a silicone tube/adhesive foam lol

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Personally, I don't have much interest in a removable top. I'm more interested in low interior noise.

That said, I'm willing to accept the removable top, as it makes the Bronco's business case stronger, and helps fend off a fate similar to that of the FJ cruiser.

I find the interior noise levels in the JL Wrangler to be acceptable, so I'd hope for the Bronco to be comparable.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wont actually remove the doors/roof so I would rather have them not even be removable (just fewer things that can go wrong later on). I know they be doing one like that since it would be a rather expensive thing to change the mfg process.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wont actually remove the doors/roof so I would rather have them not even be removable (just fewer things that can go wrong later on). I know they be doing one like that since it would be a rather expensive thing to change the mfg process.
I've taken the roof of all my previous FSB's... NEVER had a leak. Doesn't mean new Bronco won't have that issue, but that remains to be seen.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've taken the roof of all my previous FSB's... NEVER had a leak. Doesn't mean new Bronco won't have that issue, but that remains to be seen.
I know several people who have had issues with them. On the 4 door its 3 panels and a back section all which have to clamp and seal and not leak or rattle. They may be fine for a while but it remains to be seen how long that will last. I wouldnt mind a clear panel or two for the front/mid though. (as long as I can put UV blocker on it, the UV in CO Mnts is quite bad)
Sponsored