First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The whole front end. Fenders, hood, grill, side mirrors and around windshield. $1800. I am planning on doing front doors next, $600. Mine is the clear Xpel PPF.
What did you do with your badges? I am going in for an Xpel wrap on Monday and I am not sure if I should have them pull them and restick, or just cut around them. I originally planned to do the Bronco script badge, but come to find out my wife likes the Badlands sticker.
Sponsored

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What did you do with your badges? I am going in for an Xpel wrap on Monday and I am not sure if I should have them pull them and restick, or just cut around them. I originally planned to do the Bronco script badge, but come to find out my wife likes the Badlands sticker.
I took mine off. Going with the script badge or maybe something else. I just knew I didn't want the stock stickers. I guess they can cut around them, they said mine came off really easy though..
I actually still have them. They gave them back to me stuck on some wax paper so they come off easy. Might stick them on my garage fridge, lol.

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hexis bodyfence Matte PPF. A different company for PPF but similar look to Xpel.

Ford Bronco Area 51 Xpel STEALTH PPF Wrapped - Wrapthor 47E86165-86D7-438E-A38E-E88CF236181E

Ford Bronco Area 51 Xpel STEALTH PPF Wrapped - Wrapthor 50FE1CE0-2D24-4BC9-99C8-E53CBAE4749A

Ford Bronco Area 51 Xpel STEALTH PPF Wrapped - Wrapthor D02EA830-4524-4342-9D2D-C87C88711695

Ford Bronco Area 51 Xpel STEALTH PPF Wrapped - Wrapthor 45A7195E-18DA-4BFC-8991-890DABB40B8B

Ford Bronco Area 51 Xpel STEALTH PPF Wrapped - Wrapthor 973694DD-865E-4770-B299-479CF57ABF8A

Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys, I'm glad you dig it! I will try to take some pics outside when it stops raining ( welcome to Vancouver ) Now it's time to do some off-roading because it was one thing which was holding me off after getting some rocks chips!

I paid 4500CDN for the full body plus clear ppf on the lights. Which isn't that terrible compared to US prices I guess.
4,500 CAD for the full thing?! Wow. I got quoted $9400 USD to do a full car PPF on my RS5. Full front + 3-layer Ceramic Coat + Tint = $4400 on a "deal" out here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JohnZi

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4,500 CAD for the full thing?! Wow. I got quoted $9400 USD to do a full car PPF on my RS5. Full front + 3-layer Ceramic Coat + Tint = $4400 on a "deal" out here.
Yes, but it's much easier to apply ppf on Bronco and it has less elements ( no bumpers, hood, mirror caps, handles etc. )

Efudd

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great photos, but somehow I was oddly drawn to the interesting application of passive fire protectant partially sprayed on the suspended utility pipes.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hexis bodyfence Matte PPF. A different company for PPF but similar look to Xpel.

Ford Bronco Area 51 Xpel STEALTH PPF Wrapped - Wrapthor 973694DD-865E-4770-B299-479CF57ABF8A

Hexis is a huge player in Europe for the vinyl industry. Hadn't heard they cracked the code to get any reasonable sales here in the US.

Hopefully their warranty is better than Xpel's stealth (which is basically none, and yes, i'm aware Xpel has a "10 year warranty"..... With clauses large enough to drive a stealth wrapped Bronco through), and will be interesting to see if you ever need warranty appliation.

Have you also picked up the specialty chemicals for washing/cleaning matte vinyl or have you done the ceramic coating over it yet?

Bwaggs83

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hexis is a huge player in Europe for the vinyl industry. Hadn't heard they cracked the code to get any reasonable sales here in the US.

Hopefully their warranty is better than Xpel's stealth (which is basically none, and yes, i'm aware Xpel has a "10 year warranty"..... With clauses large enough to drive a stealth wrapped Bronco through), and will be interesting to see if you ever need warranty appliation.

Have you also picked up the specialty chemicals for washing/cleaning matte vinyl or have you done the ceramic coating over it yet?
The 3rd party company I went with is certified with Hexis.

Same 10 year PPF warranty with lifetime application/workmenship warranty.

No special chemicals for washing nor have I done a ceramic. I was told a normal wash was okay as long as I keep a pressure washer at least 3 feet away while I spray it. No touchless car washes due to the pressure those things use. I'm open for suggestions on cleaning.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 3rd party company I went with is certified with Hexis.

Same 10 year PPF warranty with lifetime application/workmenship warranty.

No special chemicals for washing nor have I done a ceramic. I was told a normal wash was okay as long as I keep a pressure washer at least 3 feet away while I spray it. No touchless car washes due to the pressure those things use. I'm open for suggestions on cleaning.
Always check the warranty provided by the manufacturer.

Will leave all the detail searching and product care up to you, since it's your vehicle after all.

I'll just say that the warranty isn't exactly robust.

"This warranty starts from the purchase date of your BODYFENCE protection film (installer invoice as a proof). This warranty exclusively covers the following defects: yellowing and cracking of the product."

https://www.bodyfence.net/solutions/warranty/

That's not exactly an exhaustive list of what they cover in anyway.

Anyway, do your research, hope it keeps you happy and is an awesome product. I've used Hexis in the past and had great success, but only with the vinyl stuff, not PPF.

Sponsored

Barrel47

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My local XPel authorized installer quoted me $9500 :oops:
I got a $10.5k quote (!) and a $6.5k quote in the same city. I understand there may be somewhat of a skill variance with installers (all listed on Xpel's webiste), but this is insane. Makes me question doing it at all.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get me wrong, it looks fantastic. Absolutely wonderful and I think your installer did a wonderful job.

However, I'm not sure it's worth the cost. I can buy extra doors / fenders / quarter panels for that much money or get them repaired. (with the $6k and $10k quotes I'm seeing from guys in the states)

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10.5k. You might as well put In an order for a MY24 Bronco. That 10.5 will be close to 1/3 of the cost.

Gourik31

Badlands
First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ohh man, that looks so good.
I can already picture race red with ppf

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10.5k. You might as well put In an order for a MY24 Bronco. That 10.5 will be close to 1/3 of the cost.
There's a certain point where stuff like this has passed the threshold into 'insanity'.

This is that point.

I love the idea of PPF, and think Xpel stealth looks awesome. However there's no amount of drugs that would get me to cover a ubiquitous, mass produced $30-50,000 vehicle in stuff that costs $5-10,000. I don't know exactly how expensive/collectible a vehicle would need to be for me to consider it, but my estimate is somewhere around $200,000.

Like I said, it looks awesome. But I'll be appreciating this look from afar, on forum posts.
Sponsored