Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope everyone noticed that this isn't compatible with the 2.7l engine. Didn't go through every thread but I see some with build signatures talking about installation.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 1635642211510

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope everyone noticed that this isn't compatible with the 2.7l engine. Didn't go through every thread but I see some with build signatures talking about installation.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 1635642211510
Ya, well that wasn't noted when I purchased mine... So mine should fit. ;) How's that for Autism?!?

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will this fit the capable bumper or is it what and what vs getting it to fit with the modular?
RC said they will come out with a capable bumper winch mount early next year.

Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. Trying to figure out what bumper i need to order with my badlands for this to work
well... hard to say exactly but supposedly if you get the capable bumper they are coming out with one next year. I didn't ask about the mod bumper options going forward

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok. Trying to figure out what bumper i need to order with my badlands for this to work
What makes it "work" or not work is related to the bash plate they included with the fairlead.
The mount will fit regardless of the bumper but the fairlead bash plate fits up with only the specific bumper. The one person on youtube who documented his install (2 parts plus a faq) didn't use their bash plate. He cut out the fairlead opening from the rough country bash plate, had an opening cut with a water jet on his existing bash plate, and fit the fairlead to the front of it.

So in theory you should be able to get it to "work" with any bumper. You just need to be willing to do some work or work with a local job shop to get the work done. The key part of their kit is the mount for their winch that works well with their winch to position the controls where you can reach them with the hood open.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I can do with out the camera and the acc sensor. In all of my years I've never needed these items anyway. Just offer a camera delete and acc delete with the lux package.
How is that rotary phone working for you? I hope you have at least left the telegraph behind. Just because YOU don't need them doesn't mean that can't be extremely beneficial. The ACC I do believe is making people lazier drivers as they don't have to pay as much attention to the road but then again without it people are already doing that.

The cameras are extremely beneficial. Your way requires multiple people or multiple trips out of the driver seat to safely navigate certain terrain. Unless you are a subscriber to the "back up until it sounds expensive" method. In which case the removable parts are going to be your best friend.

History is filled with people that took your stance. This usually left them behind in the dust. There is a better way to do everything, it may not be available yet though.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What makes it "work" or not work is related to the bash plate they included with the fairlead.
The mount will fit regardless of the bumper but the fairlead bash plate fits up with only the specific bumper. The one person on youtube who documented his install (2 parts plus a faq) didn't use their bash plate. He cut out the fairlead opening from the rough country bash plate, had an opening cut with a water jet on his existing bash plate, and fit the fairlead to the front of it.

So in theory you should be able to get it to "work" with any bumper. You just need to be willing to do some work or work with a local job shop to get the work done. The key part of their kit is the mount for their winch that works well with their winch to position the controls where you can reach them with the hood open.
Thanks for linking that. I saw his review on the RC site. Was hoping it was documented elsewhere. I know RC makes some iffy products. Wonder if any other brand winches will work.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for linking that. I saw his review on the RC site. Was hoping it was documented elsewhere. I know RC makes some iffy products. Wonder if any other brand winches will work.
Any winch with a standard 10x4 mount should fir up to a 12k winch.

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya, well that wasn't noted when I purchased mine... So mine should fit. ;) How's that for Autism?!?
Did that fit your 2.7 ok?

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one who feels like this sort of trimming will both affect crash safety, and possibly cause the force exerted by the drivetrain to either warp the frame or damage the front diff in some way. From my experience with the RS, you want to bolster the mounts holding the various diffs/drivetrain pieces in place, not trim them back. It's a common issue for RS's with performance tunes to produce enough torque to actually twist the PTU (center diff) and destroy it, quite dramatically. One of the popular mods from Mountune is for reinforcing that mount:

https://www.mountuneusa.com/Focus-Rs-Ptu-Brace-Upgrade-p/2536-pbkt-aa.htm

The difference between the stock mount, and upgraded ones are massive -- I worry that trimming the Bronco's frame around the front diff will dramatically weaken its support as well. These parts of the install instructions worry me:

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 3.28.04 PM

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did that fit your 2.7 ok?
Mostly, with the exception of the front heat exchanger that must be relocated (which I haven't done yet). I will probably be tackling that soon enough.
Sponsored