Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Geezus, please don't tell me you are a nurse. Then I will feel worse. Being a nurse myself, not only did we get screwed during the whole covid pandemic (worked a ton of mandated overtime, dealt with significant changes on a hourly basis [what ppe to use, how to handle visitors, etc.], but most of those who I know, got stuck paying great big tax bill at the end of the year from of off our overtime. Now, this... ?!!
Yes I am. Trauma ICU for 13 years that ended up a Covid ICU during the two surges. Yes itā€™s been a rough couple years and the Bronco was a bright spot for me.

Clem

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Toyota would have done a new design 4Runner or brought back a slightly larger FJ I would have went that route. Ford really did a great job overall with the Bronco. I've been driving my Tundra since 2008 so I'm ready for a change.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m in same boat. I was set on 22ā€™ Tundra TRD Pro and historically a Yota guy. Wife was very hesitant of me pulling the trigger last week on the 22ā€™ Bronco and my reservation. I hope I did not make a bad decision.

I really like the 22 tundra My heart wants me to get my bronco my head is telling me to let the dealer have it a d order a 22 Trd pro tundra. I a,ready got stuff for my bronco though and just ordered the arch type racing steps for it the other day so Iā€™m in it for better or worst just got to try and stay pumped I mean positive

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suspect that if it's an engine problem, it's likely to be another failed valve. Seems like the bad batch of valves theory (hasn't been confirmed) may actually be a thing. Additionally since the Lima Engine plant was having low daily production numbers around that time due to being idled, it wouldn't surprise me if the date range is substantial but the numbers are relatively low... but who knows at this point.
Just pray we donā€™t get a bad 2.7 put into our broncos I wonder why Ford has been so quit on the subject lol

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone with Twitter hit up Mike levines account if there is a big problem with the 2.7 like evryone hit his account until we get an awnser

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just pray we donā€™t get a bad 2.7 put into our broncos I wonder why Ford has been so quit on the subject lol
Don't expect Ford to admit to a problem until the bad news is too big to manage.

I won't be surprised by a bad 2.7 motor at this point, and I won't even be angry about it, if Ford got screwed because a supplier sent them bad valves... Not a big deal actually. Mostly because they will replace the motor without any fanfare...

If there are a bunch of bad engines out there (and they would know it by now) then they are probably scrambling to make more motors over at Lima. The back-order queue was 2 engines at this point, so that doesn't even trouble me... yet.

Now, I don't want to have to go through all that, but I would much rather things fail out of the gate as opposed to 2 years, 11 months, and 29 days later. My vehicle will likely be broken in by the end of two weeks, and then it will get some decent exercise to make sure that the quality is up to snuff.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't expect Ford to admit to a problem until the bad news is too big to manage.

I won't be surprised by a bad 2.7 motor at this point, and I won't even be angry about it, if Ford got screwed because a supplier sent them bad valves... Not a big deal actually. Mostly because they will replace the motor without any fanfare...

If there are a bunch of bad engines out there (and they would know it by now) then they are probably scrambling to make more motors over at Lima. The back-order queue was 2 engines at this point, so that doesn't even trouble me... yet.

Now, I don't want to have to go through all that, but I would much rather things fail out of the gate as opposed to 2 years, 11 months, and 29 days later. My vehicle will likely be broken in by the end of two weeks, and then it will get some decent exercise to make sure that the quality is up to snuff.
Yeah I really think us guys that didnā€™t get built yet should be ok hopefully they used up all the bad 2.7 engines lol. Iā€™m just going to try and stay positive that this shit all works out and we all get decent broncos

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind, many many thousands of Broncos have been made already, and we've only heard of a few dozen major issues so far that I've seen.

It sucks and I would be really bummed if I was in OPs shoes, but I don't think we need to panic about quality yet.

Sponsored

Pepper

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, 2001 F250 Super Duty 7.3L Dsl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After having my Bronco three days and less than 100 miles, I was about five miles from home when my transmission light came on last night and the vehicle would not go any faster than about 35mph. At 35 the power was limited and a fair bit of vibration could be felt. At the time I had it in eco mode.
I havenā€™t experienced limp mode since having a Volvo years ago, so not sure if thatā€™s what was going on.
Needless to say Iā€™m livid. To wait months and then have the excitement of finally being able to drive it snubbed by a possibly serious trans issue is infuriating. I havenā€™t read of anyone having a similar issue and wanted to let others know about it. I have the 2.7. Itā€™s been towed to the dealer where they will look at it first thing tomorrow. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s something as simple as a bad sensor. Iā€™ll update as I have news.

0ACA8E8F-F297-47C8-9DEB-D237CB9DCBBC.jpeg

That sucks! I am in Evans as well, and have a build date of 11-15. Had a VIN since April, and first build date of 6-21-21. What dealer did you use?

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I am. Trauma ICU for 13 years that ended up a Covid ICU during the two surges. Yes itā€™s been a rough couple years and the Bronco was a bright spot for me.
Thanks for your service to the community. You are appreciated and valued, at least by me.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

if Ford got screwed because a supplier sent them bad valves... Not a big deal actually. Mostly because they will replace the motor without any fanfare...
Thatā€™d be nice, but itā€™s unlikely. IF this alleged dropped valve thing turns out to be a real widespread problem, I wouldā€™t expect Ford to just send out new motors to everyone. Think about it, why would they pay to replace a perfectly good and expensive block, crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, oil pump, etc. if nothing is wrong with them? IF this repair does end up being needed on a wide scale Iā€™d suspect theyā€™ll just have the cylinder heads replaced or maybe even just new valves and keepers installed at the dealer.

Itā€™s about doing the most cost effective repair. They MIGHT issue a FSA extending the warranty on the engine for a bit as a goodwill gesture, but ā€œnew engines for allā€ is pretty unlikely.

Ex. Focus RS with head gasket problems got head gaskets only. 1.5 & 1.6 ecoboost with block issues got new short block but reused the existing cylinder head.

I hope itā€™s just a fluke thing and no TSB or FSA is required, but time will tell.

sorry about the OPā€™s transmission. & didnā€™t mean to hijack the thread.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thatā€™d be nice, but itā€™s unlikely. IF this alleged dropped valve thing turns out to be a real widespread problem, I wouldā€™t expect Ford to just send out new motors to everyone. Think about it, why would they pay to replace a perfectly good and expensive block, crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, oil pump, etc. if nothing is wrong with them? IF this repair does end up being needed on a wide scale Iā€™d suspect theyā€™ll just have the cylinder heads replaced or maybe even just new valves and keepers installed at the dealer.

Itā€™s about doing the most cost effective repair. They MIGHT issue a FSA extending the warranty on the engine for a bit as a goodwill gesture, but ā€œnew engines for allā€ is pretty unlikely.

Ex. Focus RS with head gasket problems got head gaskets only. 1.5 & 1.6 ecoboost with block issues got new short block but reused the existing cylinder head.

I hope itā€™s just a fluke thing and no TSB or FSA is required, but time will tell.

sorry about the OPā€™s transmission. & didnā€™t mean to hijack the thread.
When I said replace the motor, I mean when it fails, sorry... I should have been more clear about that. They aren't about to pull all the Broncos potentially impacted in for a new motor. They will expect you to blow it up first!
Sponsored