indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are a lot of different ways to approach all this and many are informed by the terrain you intend to tackle... Personally, I went with the mall crawling super-spec, because it addressed my needs. I needed something that was going to be as good on the street as it was likely to be off the street.

I didn't want 35's, 4.7's, a front locker that didn't work over 20 MPH, wash out floors, or vinyl seats that I would stick to and burn in the Texas heat. I did want a really capable rig that had good articulation, was nimble, had adequate power, with all the modern creature comforts (ACC, AC, heated seats, etc). That's why I ended up with a mall crawler that needs a little modification to really achieve everything I want from it.

My ultimate mall crawler will see the dirt frequently. It's a simple plan 2D 2.7 Adv 4x4 OBX with Lux and Tow. Mix in the Badlands Shocks and Springs, a hidden winch, a TrueTrac Differential, and 33.5" Tires. That will be plenty capable.

I will likely add some additional underside protection, but beyond that... I don't see myself making too many other serious modifications. I guess if I am feeling froggy, I might put a 1" lift/leveling kit on it, but I doubt it. The only thing really missing, the Sway Bar Disconnect, which for my driving style and terrain that I expect to tackle, shouldn't be a big deal.
Depending if it ever becomes available, my plan is a base stripped down 2-door manual at the 30k mark. Nice thing about the manual, is it comes stock with 4.46 diff gears. In my opinion, those gears are a bit steep for the stock 30" tires, which is good because that gearing should be a decent match for aftermarket 33s without the expense of a diff gear change.

And since I'm a hobbiest MIG welder with a budget but capable plasma cutter, I'm kind of looking forward to coming up with my own skid/rocker/bumper designs. In fact, I was playing around with the "4th state of matter" today in the driveway. :)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depending if it ever becomes available, my plan is a base stripped down 2-door manual at the 30k mark. Nice thing about the manual, is it comes stock with 4.46 diff gears. In my opinion, those gears are a bit steep for the stock 30" tires, which is good because that gearing should be a decent match for aftermarket 33s without the expense of a diff gear change.

And since I'm a hobbiest MIG welder with a budget but capable plasma cutter, I'm kind of looking forward to coming up with my own skid/rocker/bumper designs. In fact, I was playing around with the "4th state of matter" today in the driveway. :)
I miss my plasma cutter, I need a new one.

I agree with you, I plan on doing a lot of my own little mods and bumper parts (especially the rear bumper for mine. I made some different choices on my starting point, but there is nothing wrong with your approach. I just wanted Adaptive Cruise Control from the start, so that forced my hand in some ways.

Like you, I am going to run 33's (33.5 to be exact) and either the 4.27 or the 4.46 will be fine for 33's. The M220 in the rear could easily be upgraded to a locker later and the M190 in the front of the base will hopefully accept either a locker or an LSD without much drama (I think the TrueTrac Helical LSD will be a blast). Still lunchbox lockers are still an option too for a quick a dirty improvement.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only people who still think that reservation dates are particularly important are the people who believed what Ford told them.

If a reservation holder has simply been reading Ford's emails and not seeing any outside info, they probably still think the reservation matters. Poor bastards.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Reservations are not as important as everyone seems to think PlasmaCutting

See, I told you guys. Californians salty AF when you talk about how average in N out is.
People not from California just don’t get it. What makes In-N-Out great, isn’t the incredible food (it’s perfectly fine), it’s the cost. Where else can you still get a decent dependable lunch for under $5? You’re welcome.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People not from California just don’t get it. What makes In-N-Out great, isn’t the incredible food (it’s perfectly fine), it’s the cost. Where else can you still get a decent dependable lunch for under $5? You’re welcome.
Lol oh, Californians get mad when you talk about how average in n out is because it’s cheap? Seems logical. Half my entire family lives there, I know all about in n out.

There was a 9 hour long drive thru wait when it opened in Colorado. Not cult like at all.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a reservation 8/20 which I cancelled after my employer was bought out and wasn't sure what was happening with my position. I reserved again a little over 3 months ago. You can see my options below. I just received the email mine was scheduled for production 1st week of January. I was the first converted my22 order out of the 2 orders my dealer has. So I can only assume since I was their first allocation my order got pulled??? I have some restraining items on my build for sure and was planning on driving my 1st Edition Sport until next fall at least.
I am 1 of 7 at a dealer and im only 2 door…. So heres to hoping

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've never had an In and Out burger. :unsure:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol oh, Californians get mad when you talk about how average in n out is because it’s cheap? Seems logical. Half my entire family lives there, I know all about in n out.

There was a 9 hour long drive thru wait when it opened in Colorado. Not cult like at all.
That was nuts. Gotta be outta their minds. But think it happens with a lot of regional fast food joints expanding. It’s more of a fast food cult. Kane’s opened here in SLC and people went bonkers. Imagine my surprise when someone told me it was chicken strips. Like the meal my kids order at any restaurant from kids menu.

People and their food can be ridiculous.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was nuts. Gotta be outta their minds. But think it happens with a lot of regional fast food joints expanding. It’s more of a fast food cult. Kane’s opened here in SLC and people went bonkers. Imagine my surprise when someone told me it was chicken strips. Like the meal my kids order at any restaurant from kids menu.

People and their food can be ridiculous.
Agreed! I don’t even really eat fast food much outside of Chipotle and Qdoba. With the way Californians talk about in n out though you would think Jesus Christ made it himself.

Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Your reading comprehension sucks and you own a Traeger smoker, LOL.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reservation in June of this year. Order placed October 14th. Scheduled for production the week of Dec. 20th.

Big Bend with a soft top too so what the OP said definitely tracks.

I don’t plan on doing any hardcore off-roading, but do plan on getting into it some. It will be nice in the yearly snowstorm we get in KY though lol.

I drove my last car 11 years and would’ve drove it 5+ more years, but in June I was in an accident that totaled it. I look at it like this: I drive my vehicles a long time, so I want something cool that I’m gonna be happy with. And for my needs, the Big Bend works perfectly. I do plan on getting a hard top at some point down the line though.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model