Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m leaning Black Diamond, as I want the rubber interior/vinyl seats, and I don’t know if just the lighting is enough to warrant moving up to Badlands cost

OP
OP
ericmario

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m leaning Black Diamond, as I want the rubber interior/vinyl seats, and I don’t know if just the lighting is enough to warrant moving up to Badlands cost
I don't know how I feel about those marine grade vinyl seats, so I"m really hoping that Ford offers dealer installed leather seats. If not, I might still get the Big Bend and just get Katzkin

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know how I feel about those marine grade vinyl seats, so I"m really hoping that Ford offers dealer installed leather seats. If not, I might still get the Big Bend and just get Katzkin
From the other posts in this forum showing the look of the vinyl seats, I’m sold on them. They look fantastic to me.

OP
OP
ericmario

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From the other posts in this forum showing the look of the vinyl seats, I’m sold on them. They look fantastic to me.
I agree on the aesthetics (so far), but based solely on personal experience with vinyl seats, like the ones on motorcycles and newer boats I've sat in, they still have a rubbery feel to them and not quite pleather/synthetic like those found in BMW's etc....

Sponsored

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree on the aesthetics (so far), but based solely on personal experience with vinyl seats, like the ones on motorcycles and newer boats I've sat in, they still have a rubbery feel to them and not quite pleather/synthetic like those found in BMW's etc....

Agreed on that. I’m hoping they are comfortable and hold up over time.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was reading some article about marin vinyl and it is worrisome. There are sucky versions and really nice ones.

I struggle to believe that Ford went with the high quality marin ones. In the end, they only ha e to last 3 years, 36k miles ;)

OP
OP
ericmario

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was reading some article about marin vinyl and it is worrisome. There are sucky versions and really nice ones.

I struggle to believe that Ford went with the high quality marin ones. In the end, they only ha e to last 3 years, 36k miles ;)
haha....well for me I plan on keeping it for the long haul so I can't get stuck with crummy/sticky/uncomfortable seats....maybe cloth is the way to go

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How hard is it to retrofit the Signature?

Otherwise, Diode Dynamics and Morimoto, here I come
The headlights might not be too bad, as they'd likely use the same mounting points and given they're LED, you'd have them wired for that already and the computer would be ready for them. The taillights would likely be more difficult, as despite using the same mounting points, the wiring plug could potentially be different (I'm not sure about that).

Blis is a must have for me. I've had it in my last 3 vehicles... but if Ford over engineered a simple taillight to make it cost $1,000 or more I'm going to be pissed.

Guess I'll be buying brush guards for them ASAP.

As for LED tails... OBx is the first trim that Specifically mentions LED taillights... but it is part of the signature LED headlight phrase so it could be interpreted different ways.
There's nothing simple about a taillight these days.

OP
OP
ericmario

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The headlights might not be too bad, as they'd likely use the same mounting points and given they're LED, you'd have them wired for that already and the computer would be ready for them. The taillights would likely be more difficult, as despite using the same mounting points, the wiring plug could potentially be different (I'm not sure about that).

There's nothing simple about a taillight these days.
Come to think of it....I don't use my brakes that often anyway so i'm good even if it's incandescent =P

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Vinyl doesn't breath so feels even more uncomfortable than leather when it gets hot.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How hard is it to retrofit the Signature?

Otherwise, Diode Dynamics and Morimoto, here I come
See post 22 in this thread.... Unless something drastic changes in design philosophy, you're SOL on retrofit without re-wiring from the engine harness back.

rodatc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are the signature LED lights available for the Black Diamond?

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are the signature LED lights available for the Black Diamond?
They don't come standard, and we don't know if they're available as an option.
Sponsored