Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But these are being built specifically to take the tops and doors off, which means they are now exposed to see like the rest of the car. Maybe it's just a cosmetic problem, I don't know. But that doesn't look good to the layperson, or potential customer
who will see that .
Whatever you decide to do,
this might be a good reason for one of those customer "incentives" Ford has given the dealers money for. Or some more pass points...............
cause damn!
Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, agreed.

Bad welds, leaking roofs, wrong seats, failing transmissions, seized engines… every car has quirks. No need to nitpick every little thing people.
Half of what you listed is a safety issue at best, the other half being a glaring QC issue. These aren't your typical Doug DeMuro "quirks and features", these are legitimate issues. Coming from the Jeep world, the JL wranglers had weld issues the first 3-6 months of production. Forums were able to identify them, and Jeep was able to make changes to fix things moving forward. We don't know how widespread issues are until some people are able to identify things, post about them, others check their vehicles, and you gather a pool of people affected. Suppressing glaring issues isn't productive.

Deleted member 19285

Half of what you listed is a safety issue at best, the other half being a glaring QC issue….Suppressing glaring issues isn't productive.
Eh, I was being sarcastic. These are significant issues.

I get that you’ll hear more about issues on forums, and there are probably a lot of Broncos out there with no issues at all, but a troubling pattern of shoddy workmanship and rushed QC does seem to be emerging.

My wife has started calling it the “Ford Breako.”

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are just finding any and everything to be mad about.
The internet and forums tend to bring out a lot of the worse in people with a lot of complaining. Then you get the mob mentality pitchforks going and it gets all out of control. There's one thing to hold a company accountable and then there's another to gripe about every single problem.

What would I do if I got a Bronco with this type of weld/seam or whatever you want to call it? Go to my dealership and have it documented and then see what is typically done. I'd also contact Ford directly and let them know. In no way would I return my Bronco as I believe I read at least one person suggest.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So we are getting uppity about welds now?

You notice this because this vehicle allows you to remove the roof. Take off the facade of any vehicle and you will see "ugly welds". They just have the benefit of being able to hide them.

Not one person here has explained why it is a bad weld. It looks a little shitty, but no one has shown where the weld did not properly penerate the metal of both sections.

One...two... three... LET'S ALL PANIC!!!!!

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not one person here has explained why it is bad weld. It looks a little shitty, but no one has shown where the weld did not properly penerate the metal of both sections.

One...two... three... LET'S ALL PANIC!!!!!
Well, it could be argued that sufficient penetration has occurred, but that is still not a "good weld", at least the welders I know who not find that acceptable outside of a high school votech shop.

There is a probably a significant difference from being sufficient/functional and meeting the standards that Ford has set forth internally.

I am willing to bet that this does not meet Ford's standards for welded structures.

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Meh, use to say it in the military...bigger the blob, the better the job. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took off the drivers side top on my 2dr and was greeted with this. Glaringly obvious and a testament to the QC process. Not a big thing but bothersome for sure.

240B0424-6324-43CD-AF51-87701FF5CEEB.jpeg

F3F1BE85-B7A2-4454-BC6D-0EC89499F389.jpeg
How is THAT “not a big thing”!? The roof is structural, there is no way in hell that weld is acceptable. There should be MPT if not radiography of welds even if they PSA visually. This is total garbage.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How is THAT “not a big thing”!? The roof is structural, there is no way in hell that weld is acceptable. There should be MPT if not radiography of welds even if they PSA visually. This is total garbage.
Really. Two small voids on a weld that otherwise has good form on the top and bottom (start and finish) of the weld? It looks like a wire feed glitch.

This is high-rate auto manufacturing not airframe or rocket production. The cost to do NDT of the body welds other than physical inspection would drive the product cost way up.

OP
OP
LHD

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
So we are getting uppity about welds now?

You notice this because this vehicle allows you to remove the roof. Take off the facade of any vehicle and you will see "ugly welds". They just have the benefit of being able to hide them.

Well, frankly when the roof is off it’s the first thing You see. Having the roof off is going to be most of the time I drive it. This is a small issue but someone should have caught it before paint. There is no excuse for shit like this. If this was under the hood or a body panel I could care less. Im just pointing out QC issues. I’m not worried about structure, its cosmetic in my eyes. I’ll probably throw some seam sealer in the voids and use touch up paint on it.

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, frankly when the roof is off it’s the first thing You see. Having the roof off is going to be most of the time I drive it. This is a small issue but someone should have caught it before paint. There is no excuse for shit like this. If this was under the hood or a body panel I could care less. Im just pointing out QC issues. I’m not worried about structure, its cosmetic in my eyes. I’ll probably throw some seam sealer in the voids and use touch up paint on it.
What is the QC issue? The weld is structurally sound. It obviously passed QC inspection (if it is actually visually inspected); its just not perfectly pretty to you.
Sponsored