Sponsored

Motor Trend says Bronco has "poor build quality". Fact or Bias?

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean, it IS a Ford after all, they've been pumping out mediocre dog diarrhea for the better part of 110 years, with the occasional glint of genius, careening between near disaster to the next. Also, consider the competition and all the absolute excrement they have been complacency pumping out that is basically a tub, frame and windshield when most owners get done with making them right. Everyone else can't be bothered or is off chasing wishes, facts and government tax credits on hopes and dreams until the electricity fairy decides she's not generating this week...
Another arm chair genius that knows everything?
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My problem is with items quality control should have caught. For Pete’s sake - do your job and do it right! Many cosmetic errors are simply unacceptable for Ford or any other manufacturer.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was shipped last week. YAY! I now have second thoughts after seeing all the problems. I need to make up my mind fast.
I would say so. You don't want to have a $60,000 case of buyers remorse.

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, it IS a Ford after all, they've been pumping out mediocre dog diarrhea for the better part of 110 years, with the occasional glint of genius, careening between near disaster to the next. Also, consider the competition and all the absolute excrement they have been complacency pumping out that is basically a tub, frame and windshield when most owners get done with making them right. Everyone else can't be bothered or is off chasing wishes, facts and government tax credits on hopes and dreams until the electricity fairy decides she's not generating this week...
Huh?

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve heard it’s true from people that have had theirs for a month or two…

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did Ford F%$# up this launch? Check! In Ford's defense, some extenuating circumstances apply!
Did Ford make some perplexing design choices? Check!
Is Ford having some quality control issues? Check!
Did Ford design/build the most capable, best looking, top off, doors off, purpose built off-road vehicle that is at home in the rocks, mud and desert as it is on the highway? CHECK!
Have an Oktoberfest and relax!
Ford Bronco Motor Trend says Bronco has "poor build quality".  Fact or Bias? Oktoberfest

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you think Ford has ever made a quality product, or GM, or Chrysler or AMC or any defunct American brand, there is nothing I can say to disabuse you of such a notion.
Um...... No American car brand has ever made a quality product.....ummmm yeah.
Setting you to ignore, life's too short to have to read anything like that again.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t think it’s necessarily bias…JL interior feels better all around, our RAM is leaps and bounds better, door gaps aren’t consistent on some that I’ve put eyes on. I’m still super excited to get my base Sasquatch though. I’m not expecting luxury vehicle quality, but the interior materials are subpar. I really hope the dash isn’t the next 2nd gen Dodge Ram dash quality.
Whoever is in that video needs to take their meds.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you think Ford has ever made a quality product, or GM, or Chrysler or AMC or any defunct American brand, there is nothing I can say to disabuse you of such a notion.
Yet you drive a FORD RANGER??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
EDIT: AND buying a Bronco too!

Sponsored

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well after this and the compare with the 4xe I read the other day, it surely sounds like for some reason MT is trying to down grade the bronco…. and there are issues but I think that happens with any first year vehicle. Also with the media microscope that is on the Bronco I think any issue gets more play then some other vehicles

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yet you drive a FORD RANGER??? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
That's the first thing I looked at after the comment. Okay so what are your vehicles listed? Ranger???? Hmmmm I was thinking Tacoma.

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve heard it’s true from people that have had theirs for a month or two…
I’ve had mine a month, only complaint is the window design, but I knew what I was buying. Not a deal breaker.

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed. The upwards of $100k people are paying isn't helping though, people think it should be luxurious for that price instead of accepting that it's a Ford Wrangler.
It st
I own two Toyota and a Ford genius. You're right, there is Nothing you can do for me.
Sponsored