Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery of my Bad Squatch on 10/27. This past weekend we took it for a trip to go to my colleges football game. It was an 1100 mile round trip. Both my wife and have 99% great comments. We have the soft top and I knew it was going to be noisier than our other cars. But it was much quieter than we had expected. The handling was very responsive and the ride was typical of any truck. Still better than I expected. The seats are very comfortable and did not cause me any back pain. All of the controls are in easy reach for both the driver and passenger. And we LOVE the Sync4 with the large screen. And when we used the voice control it understood everything. Navigation was nice and the re-routing was very fast. Fastest I’ve seen yet.

My wife is 5’ 2” and she had no issues seeing out of the Bronco at all. Yes, I let her drive for a little bit. She was able to get the seats in the position that fit her best. We both thought that the back tailgate was easy to operate. And she had no problem raising the back of the soft top.

The only negative I have so far is that the wireless charger does not work for me. It would connect and indicate that charging was taking place. Take a look back a bit later and it was not. I just moved the phone slightly and charging would pick up again only to stop shortly after. And since I had this fancy wireless charging in the car we did not take any charging cords with us.

Next up is an off-road trial. But since we did the Off-Roadeo I don’t expect to have any surprises.
Sponsored

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming you have phone case? If so, have you tried it with other wireless chargers/ try charging it without the case? Just curious, but that would not make me happy. When I test drove an Escape recently with the wireless pad, it seemed to have a similar issue charging and my phone was in a case.

OP
OP
Big Foot

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming you have phone case? If so, have you tried it with other wireless chargers/ try charging it without the case? Just curious, but that would not make me happy. When I test drove an Escape recently with the wireless pad, it seemed to have a similar issue charging and my phone was in a case.
I tried it with and without the phone case. It did the same thing both ways. I have a wireless charger on my bedside table that I use every night with my phone with the case on.

I spoke with my salesman tonight and I am going to try a master reset first and if that doesn't work then I will press the dealer more. But I don't have any expectations that it will get better.

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried it with and without the phone case. It did the same thing both ways. I have a wireless charger on my bedside table that I use every night with my phone with the case on.

I spoke with my salesman tonight and I am going to try a master reset first and if that doesn't work then I will press the dealer more. But I don't have any expectations that it will get better.
Ugh…good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Big Foot

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sir, we require photographs on any “first trip” posts to help hold over those of us who are still waiting.
My Bad!!!! I was more focused on the football and tailgating. What pictures I did take did not include the Bronco. I will post a couple I have and will promise to do better in the future. This is the first forum I have ever been a part of.

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You can reset whatever you want, but unfortunately it won’t fix the wireless charger. It’s just a really poor charger. Be careful it can get your phone hot as hell if it actually stays on the charger long enough.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welcome to the forum! The charger is a known problem btw. Dealer can't fix

OP
OP
Big Foot

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can reset whatever you want, but unfortunately it won’t fix the wireless charger. It’s just a really poor charger. Be careful it can get your phone hot as hell if it actually stays on the charger long enough.
Thanks. And I did notice it was very hot once. Going to find out how to just turn it off and go back to the reliable cable.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My charger is hit and miss. Sometimes it does better than others. I generally use it to top off and to prevent losing ground.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Big Foot

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My charger is hit and miss. Sometimes it does better than others. I generally use it to top off and to prevent losing ground.
Frustrating. All of the other tech is good. Not sure how they messed this one up. But still very happy with the vehicle overall.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. And I did notice it was very hot once. Going to find out how to just turn it off and go back to the reliable cable.
I've found on long road trips like yours, the wireless charger doesn't provide enough power to keep the phone battery charged with wireless AA. The phone gets too hot and charges at a slow rate.

If you're using Android, there is a setting to disable just the wireless part of Android Auto. Then you can use wired Android Auto.

I disabled Wireless AA and used the cable for a bit, then re-enabled wireless AA. I don't recall if I tried this, but using a cable with wireless AA, it should be able to keep the battery charged.

Android Auto in general, I'm not sold on. The Ford system seems good, says it will re-route around traffic. Ford voice commands work well. When you switch to AA on sync4, it cancels the Ford nav trip. When AA is active, you can't use Maps on your phone to search for nearby places.

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Frustrating. All of the other tech is good. Not sure how they messed this one up. But still very happy with the vehicle overall.
High power wireless charging (15w or more) is pretty recent. But the good news is it should be pretty simple to pull that pad out and replace it with a higher wattage coil system.

OP
OP
Big Foot

Big Foot

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA Sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've found on long road trips like yours, the wireless charger doesn't provide enough power to keep the phone battery charged with wireless AA. The phone gets too hot and charges at a slow rate.

If you're using Android, there is a setting to disable just the wireless part of Android Auto. Then you can use wired Android Auto.

I disabled Wireless AA and used the cable for a bit, then re-enabled wireless AA. I don't recall if I tried this, but using a cable with wireless AA, it should be able to keep the battery charged.

Android Auto in general, I'm not sold on. The Ford system seems good, says it will re-route around traffic. Ford voice commands work well. When you switch to AA on sync4, it cancels the Ford nav trip. When AA is active, you can't use Maps on your phone to search for nearby places.
I have the iPhone and have used car play via usb and all is good. Looks like I will still be doing this for charging. And I saw the same thing where no quits when you use the phone nav and vice versa.

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

How do you disable wireless charging ? I can't find that option anywhere
Sponsored