MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The more time that passes and I realize the Bronco will just be a "toy" I'm leaning more and more towards a non-sasquatch manual tranny 4-banger w/ Marine Vinyl... (is that possible? :))
Same here. Getting a BD, 4 banger with stick shift, and will put 33's on it the day I get it. Dealer will credit me for the take offs. Cannot wait.

Although, if the factory offers a tune on the 2.3L I'll be a buyer.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Dang, scaling the pics to confirm was my plan tonight. What am I supposed to do now? Ooh yeah, new episode of Yellowstone comes on. I'm good.
Go ahead and give it a try, there are several assumptions you have to make. If you measure from the outer edge of the wheels you have to estimate the inset to the bead seat. Or, if you measure from the bead seat, you have to guess where the mold/milled seam lines up with it. Last, the difference is only .190 between the two bolt patterns so it is very prone to errors.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only difference in ground clearance would be the difference in radius of the tires between BL and Sasquatch...the small lift difference isn't raising the low point (pumpkin), so has no effect, so a stock Badlands with no Sasquatch should have about 10.7"/10.8" of clearance. About 1/10 of an inch less than a Rubi on a 4 door...exact same on a 2 door....for those keeping score.

I'm not sure why a 4 door is listed with clearance of 11.5" v. the 11.6" of the 2 door, that one is hard to figure out.
This is not consistent with Ford.

Ford lists ground clearance on the 2D Base Model as 8.4" and anything with Sasquatch at 11.6". The difference in tire size is 34.5"-30.1", or 4.4". 4.4"/2+8.4"= 10.6" , or 1" less than the stated 11.6". These numbers can be fudged a bit depending on the exact real world size to get the 1.2" of lift confirmed by a Ford employee.

Point being, simply looking at tire size is incorrect. I'm not going through the math again for people, but when you compare listed vehicle heights and tire sizes, the Badlands is still .6" shorter than the Wildtrak when accommodating for tire size, meaning it's ground clearance - according to Ford measurements - should be 11.6"-1.4"= ~10.2" give or take.

I will also reiterate that there is no standard convention in measuring ground clearance, and Ford may not be measuring from the pumpkin, and we don't know for sure that's the lowest hanging point.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here. Getting a BD, 4 banger with stick shift, and will put 33's on it the day I get it. Dealer will credit me for the take offs. Cannot wait.

Although, if the factory offers a tune on the 2.3L I'll be a buyer.
How much credit are you expecting? I was thinking of keeping the steelies on the base for the winter/retro look and buying a second set of bigger tires and wheels for a completely different look in the summer. The net cost is just the wheels that way because each set of tires will wear out half as fast.

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the extra suspension travel of the 33s (for the higher speed fun stuff). If they worked that out to be the same on the 35s (which they've said it's not going to be) then I might look again at 35s. But on the other hand, those small fuel tanks have me concerned. I don't want to haul more than 10g max on long off-road days. Just wish we had an auxiliary tank like my old Bronco (25g or so would be awesome!).
The fuel tank size concerns me as well. I wouldn't mind carrying a extra gas can on the tailgate but that would mean putting the spare on a roof rack. Not what I want to do.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine is even shorter, but I'll just give'er the ol' goose-lift.
I get an earful every time my wife climbs in. Of course the step in height is 27”, and the slider bar (aka “steps” ;)) are at 20-1/2”.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me, the 35" tires complete the look of the new Bronco. Big and beefy. I hope to see it in person before i have to make a decision.
This. Those 35s or 315s are key to the look. Ive been tossing around not getting the squatch pack so I can get a manual, and then adding a little lift and 315s, but I like the Sasquatch flares too, so then Im back to "I should just get the Sasquatch package and forget the manual." Then that allows me to entertain the V6, which id rather have, soooo......ugggh

At this point, I just don't know how I can envision ordering a new Bronco without the Sasquatch pkg. Maybe that will change.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is not consistent with Ford.

Ford lists ground clearance on the 2D Base Model as 8.4" and anything with Sasquatch at 11.6". The difference in tire size is 34.5"-30.1", or 4.4". 4.4"/2+8.4"= 10.6" , or 1" less than the stated 11.6". These numbers can be fudged a bit depending on the exact real world size to get the 1.2" of lift confirmed by a Ford employee.

Point being, simply looking at tire size is incorrect. I'm not going through the math again for people, but when you compare listed vehicle heights and tire sizes, the Badlands is still .6" shorter than the Wildtrak when accommodating for tire size, meaning it's ground clearance - according to Ford measurements - should be 11.6"-1.4"= ~10.2" give or take.

I will also reiterate that there is no standard convention in measuring ground clearance, and Ford may not be measuring from the pumpkin, and we don't know for sure that's the lowest hanging point.
When a Wolverine and a Buckeye come up with the same .6”, then you have a circumstance so unnatural it must be true!

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love a big tire but as someone who plans on using their bronco as a DD I’m wondering if 35s would be overkill...
I keep debating the base with the squatch or just upgrading to the Black Diamond without the Sasquatch...

what are the thoughts out there with the squatch package? I won’t be doing much rock climbing, just off road, fire road stuff, I’m a mountain biker and love the idea of the marine grade rubber floor stuff...
I'm with you on the Black Diamond. I'm thinking about ordering it with the high clearance and then putting my own tires and wheels on it. Probably 33s.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When a Wolverine and a Buckeye come up with the same .6”, then you have a circumstance so unnatural it must be true!
Us buckeyes needs as much ground clearance as we can to run over the wolverines.

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will say that there might be many little peeps driving big bulldozer like cars because of it.

it's gonna be pretty funny seeing many of them on the road at once

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much credit are you expecting? I was thinking of keeping the steelies on the base for the winter/retro look and buying a second set of bigger tires and wheels for a completely different look in the summer. The net cost is just the wheels that way because each set of tires will wear out half as fast.
My dealership said to expect about $100 a tire.
Sponsored