First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Avery’s Light Gloss Pistachio. It’s a pastel green. Has a 1960’s vibe to it.

A few of things first. I’m a graphics installer for a living. I’ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I don’t do them much any more because there’s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But I’ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when it’s slow or it’s my own. I’ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew we’d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say “what?”, not “OMG”. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Bronco’s body lines….and heritage.
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green 3EADAC0E-9866-410F-8528-85356A646B17
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green 67D90948-DF55-4A4A-8C28-6B26FA84C038

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually I’ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I don’t have the door bags yet, so it’ll be while, and to be honest it doesn’t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, it’ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, it’s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesn’t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference here…
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green DF5835FE-6A6E-4DF8-8798-0B2FF771241C

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I can’t and won’t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But I’d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what I’d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself I’ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But I’d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because that’s what I’d charge if you called me to install it. (Please don’t 😂)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside it’s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, you’ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. It’s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. It’ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. It’s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, it’ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, it’ll tear at it.
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green 99096DE4-EDBD-47E5-A4FC-5AF792253BA6
So far I’ve had nothing but compliments. I’m sure someone won’t like the color. And that’s fine. We all like what we like. Next year we’re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camo…which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. 😂
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took deliver of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Avery’s Light Gloss Pistachio. It’s a pastel green. Has a 1960’s vibe to it.

A few of things first. I’m a graphics installer for a living. I’ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I don’t do them much any more because there’s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But I’ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when it’s slow or it’s my own. I’ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew we’d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this color because it was subtle enough to be different, but b it loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street sand other Bronco owners look at it and say “what?”, not “OMG”. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Bronco’s body lines….and heritage.
Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green 99096DE4-EDBD-47E5-A4FC-5AF792253BA6
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually I’ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I don’t have the door bags yet, so it’ll be while, and to be honest it doesn’t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, it’ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, it’s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesn’t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference here…

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I can’t and won’t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But I’d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what I’d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself I’ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But I’d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because that’s what I’d charge if you called me to install it. (Please don’t 😂)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside it’s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, you’ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. It’s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. It’ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. It’s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, it’ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, it’ll tear at it.
So far I’ve had nothing but compliments. I’m sure someone won’t like the color. And that’s fine. We all like what we like. Next year we’re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camo…which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. 😂
I think that looks FABULOUS!! Nicely done!!

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh wow, I say you nailed it. Great job! As a cactus gray owner this is very exciting and incites some jealousy. :)

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh wow, I say you nailed it. Great job! As a cactus gray owner this is very exciting and incites some jealousy. :)
We’re headed out in the morning for some play time in the dirt with a fellow Cactus Grey owner. Definitely more pics to follow.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is freaking awesome looking. I think pastel colors are great. Eruption Green is WAY too dark. I would not do this. I could not justify that kind of money for something that has to be replaced every few years. That being said, I think you did a fantastic job. I would love to see it in person.

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a wonderful wrap. I will have to contact you when I get my Bronco (hopefully in the spring). I am planning to do a full clear PPF wrap (hood, fenders, all 4 doors and front/rear quarter panels, etc) and would love to hit you up for an installer recommendation when the time comes.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking forward to seeing your install, came out really nice! Definitely has a nice retro vibe to it. Being able to do this yourself is of course great too, personally I'd never spend what a wrap costs for something temporary, but if I had the skills it would be fun to change colors every year or so.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice color. (y) Curious, if you attempted to wrap the rear hinges? They look like a pain to wrap.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super cool 👍Interetsed in seeing some alternate lighting pics

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love that Pistachio color Matt. Definitely gives your Bronco a cool retro vibe and unique look. You would be the envy of all the other Bronco owners on the block, if anyone else on the block owned a Bronco! 😂. Nice job and thanks for sharing with the rest of the forum.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the green! I assume you do this for a living because it looks so great!

Yeah, it costs a lot more than that here in FL. I was quoted almost half of that for two tone side stripes.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to find somebody local to put custom pic/text decals, can you recommend ?
FK ELON
KILL STARLINK
KEEP AZ SKY DARK
Where in AZ are you?
Sponsored