First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not my color of choice, but it looks like you did a great job! I'm debating on doing a wrap then PPF on top of it.
I would totally do it. The ONLY reason I personally won’t, is I don’t absolutely love any particular color. I change my wraps out every year. To add the amount of money, and labor to do PPF on top of a wrap doesn’t make financial sense to me personally. But a lot of people do do it. It’s very common in the wrap world.
Sponsored

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is BEAUTIFUL! The black hinges look like they belong, with the door handles and flares.
Finish that off with the broncodepot badge, and it'll have the perfect retro vibe.
Love it!

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome color that does give it that days gone by look. Nicely done, thanks for the pics. When and if I every get mine, I was thinking of putting the clear wrap on my Cyber Orange. I'll keep you in mind when the time comes:cool:

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WOW! It looks great! My favorite wrap I've seen so far!

Sponsored

Sanner

Wildtrak
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Never in a million years would I have picked that color… but man, it looks awesome!!! I almost think you need to spray all the black white now to make it look total throwback!!!
Nicely done… subtle standout!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did not wrap the hinges. Thats the beautiful part of having a black vehicle. If it started out any color but black, the hinges would look horrible not wrapped. And even if you did wrap them it would be a pain in the ass. But with black paint, just leave it.
Only pic of that side of the back I have my phone. I’ll post new ones later.
A383EB50-5221-4A1F-BEA6-C0F3233B7615.jpeg
Thanks for the follow up. (y) I could see that you did not wrap them. I was just curious if you had attempted it and scrapped it. I'm not 100% convinced it can be done cleanly without looking wrapped.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Avery’s Light Gloss Pistachio. It’s a pastel green. Has a 1960’s vibe to it.

A few of things first. I’m a graphics installer for a living. I’ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I don’t do them much any more because there’s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But I’ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when it’s slow or it’s my own. I’ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew we’d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say “what?”, not “OMG”. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Bronco’s body lines….and heritage.
3EADAC0E-9866-410F-8528-85356A646B17.jpeg
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.
67D90948-DF55-4A4A-8C28-6B26FA84C038.jpeg

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually I’ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I don’t have the door bags yet, so it’ll be while, and to be honest it doesn’t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, it’ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, it’s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesn’t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference here…
DF5835FE-6A6E-4DF8-8798-0B2FF771241C.jpeg

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I can’t and won’t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But I’d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what I’d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself I’ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But I’d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because that’s what I’d charge if you called me to install it. (Please don’t 😂)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside it’s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, you’ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. It’s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. It’ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. It’s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, it’ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, it’ll tear at it.
99096DE4-EDBD-47E5-A4FC-5AF792253BA6.jpeg
So far I’ve had nothing but compliments. I’m sure someone won’t like the color. And that’s fine. We all like what we like. Next year we’re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camo…which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. 😂
Thanks for the honest info on how long wraps actually last. Since we dont have an easily usable garage, I've avoided wrapping. Will those large hood decals and side stripes, like those in the Ford Accessories catalogue, last longer than a wrap, if washed, but kept outdoors?

CMorales

Badlands
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the color!
I live in Laveen, AZ. How's the soft top in this AZ heat ? It's still into the 90s in November...

Sponsored

calx

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '98 Nissan Stagea
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love it! I'll keep you in mind for a future wrap, you're not too far from me :)

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking great! I just wanted to confirm which bimini top you got on it?

flannery13

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S6, BMW X7 M50, Land Rover LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took delivery of her last Wed. On Friday it was in the shop getting wrapped in Avery’s Light Gloss Pistachio. It’s a pastel green. Has a 1960’s vibe to it.

A few of things first. I’m a graphics installer for a living. I’ve wrapped probably 1,000 vehicles in my career. I don’t do them much any more because there’s really no money in it. Most of my business is flat walls. But I’ll still do a vehicle a few times a year when it’s slow or it’s my own. I’ve had this vinyl for a few months now, just waiting on our Bronco to be delivered. We ordered Shadow Black because we knew we’d be wrap it. And black vehicles are alway easier and turn out better when done. We picked this Light Pistachio color because it was subtle enough to be different, but not loud enough to be obnoxious. I want to drive down the street and have other Bronco owners look at it and say “what?”, not “OMG”. I think we nailed it. The color works so good with the Bronco’s body lines….and heritage.
3EADAC0E-9866-410F-8528-85356A646B17.jpeg
Obviously the break down of handles & fender flares were super easy. Which made the install even quicker. Took me a day to wrap the whole thing. Wifey wanted to keep the Badlands badges so I did. And we both wanted to keep the Bronco logo on the back. So I removed it, wrapped the tailgate and used VHB to re-Install it.
67D90948-DF55-4A4A-8C28-6B26FA84C038.jpeg

I also did strips of PPF in all t he door sills to protect them. Eventually I’ll takeoff the doors and wrap the entire jams. But I don’t have the door bags yet, so it’ll be while, and to be honest it doesn’t even look fun. Any advantage of black. If it started life out Race Red, the jams and rollbar would stand out like crazy and would have to be wrapped. Black goes with everything.

Ofher mods are a-pillar lights, shackles, HearShade bimini (which is awesome!) and black lug nuts. I plan on wrapping the beauty rings in the same color as the body, and then along with the black lug nuts, it’ll make the rims pop. The Rough Country leveling kit gets installed this coming weekend. And lastly, it’s getting Ceramic Quoted on Wednesday this week.

Couple of answers to questions I know people will have. First, it doesn’t look anything it like Cactus Grey. You can see the difference here…
DF5835FE-6A6E-4DF8-8798-0B2FF771241C.jpeg

Pricing. Tough one to nail nail down. The vinyl cost me $580 and the install was obviously free. I can’t and won’t give you exact quotes on what wraps for your Bronco will cost. Because everyone charges different. But I’d guess $2500-$3000 is fair based on what I’d charge. If you want to buy the roll of vinyl yourself I’ll send you the link, then you need to find someone to install it, which again, I can help find you a quality installer in your city. But I’d guess $1000-$1500 for the install alone, because that’s what I’d charge if you called me to install it. (Please don’t 😂)

How long does a wrap last. About 3 years is average. Depends on how you take care of it. Park it outside it’s whole life, never wash it and you let the birds shit on it, you’ll get a year. Park it in the garage, wash and wax it and take care of it, 5+ years. Yes, you can wax wraps. It’s actually recommended. Synthetic wax only. Think of it as sunscreen for the vinyl. It’ll keep all the nasty stuff off it. It’s up to you how long you want it to last. Yes, it’ll scratch. But light scratches will come out with sunlight hitting it. Drag a shopping cart down the side, it’ll tear at it.
99096DE4-EDBD-47E5-A4FC-5AF792253BA6.jpeg
So far I’ve had nothing but compliments. I’m sure someone won’t like the color. And that’s fine. We all like what we like. Next year we’re going to wrap it in a Powder Blue and I still want to wrap it in Snow Camo…which blends in to the Arizona landscape perfectly. 😂
LikeToTurnLeft,

I love the retro look. I work for Avery Dennison and thinking about using the Sea Breeze Blue on my impending BL. I attached the four new gloss pastel colors from the Supreme Wrapping line of films...too many colors to choose from!!

Ford Bronco I wrapped my Badlands in Light Pistachio Green 1635866497981

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco "21"Badlands 4dr 2.7,"23"2Dr Man,Tesla, Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would love your info on finding someone to wrap in San Diego that you can recommend. I do have a guy but two guys are better then one. Would also like the info on the wrap material also. I have a Cactus Grey Holding this month fingers crossed. Thxs for your info. Nicely done!

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really nice color choice. Love it. I had no idea wraps only last a few years though. I don’t I would want to spend the money every 5 years to re-wrap it.

Yours looks fantastic though.
Sponsored