Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If there was an iota of a chance my financial advisor (wifey) would agree that I could keep my Jeep, and buy a Bronco, I would be all over a base 2 door 7 speed. But alas.........:)
Sponsored

Johntom

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 CCSB 2.7 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Put a reservation in today for a Base 4 door. Wife doesn’t drive manual so the auto isn’t a big problem for me. Like most of you guys I plan on doing a base with few upgrades and adding the Sasquatch package. Hope to be around $38k-$40k when I’m done. That’ll teach Jeep to continue inflating their prices and limiting features to packages. Glad they have some competition again!

Oh yea, I plan to keep it simple with Oxford White.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Considering base with sas, or black diamond and I will just get 33s. Black diamond also has 4.46 gearing so I think you could do 35s later with those
plus the BD comes with 32’s I think.
that’s solid

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i am currently flip flopping between 100% sure i am getting a base with a 2.7 and 100% sure i am getting a base with a 2.7 and sasquatch...

ford, please! just give me the prices! i hate being indecisive!

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If there was an iota of a chance my financial advisor (wifey) would agree that I could keep my Jeep, and buy a Bronco, I would be all over a base 2 door 7 speed. But alas.........:)
You could buy it for her for Christmas. As a surprise. In her favorite color! I'm sure she'd let you drive it a few days a week, right? Just a thought...

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hmmmm..bad advice.
I'd change financial advisor... :ROFLMAO:

j/k

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You could buy it for her for Christmas. As a surprise. In her favorite color! I'm sure she'd let you drive it a few days a week, right? Just a thought...

IDK Susan, she's a Mustang gal. And, the only time I can drive it is when it needs gas. But, if I tell her another girl said it would be alright, it may just work.??

• Haha
Reactions: sjp

Clayhildreth

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm probably down with that route as well. Pending the cost of the Sasquatch option. One possible fly in the ointment, would be if Ford only allows certain colors on the base models. Hope that is not the case. Has anyone seen mention of color options?
It seems that the only colors you can't get in the base are cyber orange, cactus grey, and that good lookin Area 51. I think is really stupid of ford to do because they say that you can choose the bronco that best fits your outdoor pursuits, but what does paint have anything to do with this?

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It seems that the only colors you can't get in the base are cyber orange, cactus grey, and that good lookin Area 51. I think is really stupid of ford to do because they say that you can choose the bronco that best fits your outdoor pursuits, but what does paint have anything to do with this?
This may be a good for delivery speed. Depending on what is ordered and numbers getting your Base painted is just snatching the body and doors and putting on parts. Premium paints may not be run as much as the generic colors. My guess is they have the standard colors always running in the paint shop but premiums only on a rotation. I could be wrong, but have watched quite a few episodes of "how its made". Also it gives people and incentive to pony up the bucks for a higher trim model.

Related, I was going over build options on the XL Ranger 4x4. Seems rear locker is $450 and skid plates are $1200. I would bet the Base is optioned similar. Hope they add a front locker for another $450. $29k for a base with 2 locker differentials would be good. I could get the other goody parts myself and enjoy turning the wrench. White is growing on me..

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Related, I was going over build options on the XL Ranger 4x4. Seems rear locker is $450 and skid plates are $1200. I would bet the Base is optioned similar. Hope they add a front locker for another $450. $29k for a base with 2 locker differentials would be good. I could get the other goody parts myself and enjoy turning the wrench. White is growing on me..
:D, I'm planning on a 2.3L MT in Oxford White to match my old F-150. F/R lockers plus a entry keypad are the only options I care about.

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This may be a good for delivery speed. Depending on what is ordered and numbers getting your Base painted is just snatching the body and doors and putting on parts. Premium paints may not be run as much as the generic colors. My guess is they have the standard colors always running in the paint shop but premiums only on a rotation. I could be wrong, but have watched quite a few episodes of "how its made". Also it gives people and incentive to pony up the bucks for a higher trim model.

The FX4 Package is $1295. That gets you a bunch of stuff including additional skid plates (monotube shocks, locker, bash plate, 17 inch wheels, and AT tires). I would LOVE a Bronco Base FX4 with that package for $1300. You can also add the CoPilot360 stuff for $625.

On a Base 2 door, that would a Bronco Base that is better than the entry level Big Bend for under $30,500. Add the tow package for $495...

Maybe I should just buy my Ranger lease...

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The FX4 Package is $1295. That gets you a bunch of stuff including additional skid plates (monotube shocks, locker, bash plate, 17 inch wheels, and AT tires). I would LOVE a Bronco Base FX4 with that package for $1300. You can also add the CoPilot360 stuff for $625.

On a Base 2 door, that would a Bronco Base that is better than the entry level Big Bend for under $30,500. Add the tow package for $495...

Maybe I should just buy my Ranger lease...
FX4 package on Base Bronco would be perfect for my needs. If I had any indication that it might be an option for 2022 I'd wait

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a base ordered and really dig the 17" black steelies with 32's on the BD. It seems to be a good fit visually as well as a bit more off road capability. With base gearing, would that wheel and tire set up work?

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hiya everyone,

I just wanted to check in here to express how excited I am for this specific base model FMC is offering. Seriously, a bare bones type of rig like this is something minimalist enthusiasts like us have been craving since the womb. I've often had to resort to looking back 3-4 decades for stripped down rigs that suited my lifestyle since modern day vehicles hardly get me excited anymore.

Reading about other users venting about their frustrations with other trims regarding different hvac desires, perforated cooled boat seats, hard top insulation, superfluous safety features, v8 aspirations, limited interior choice offerings, multitudes of I.C.E. variations etc. you name it; reminds me of the mantra that less is really more and 'mo money mo problems' - RIP biggie

I've been taught by my pops (who owned an automotive repair shop), that many components of the 21st century are designed for engineered obsolescence, so it's increasingly refreshing every time I think of the excess features our bronco DOESN'T have and seeing it for what it is at its core.

Remember, car companies do NOT do things like this anymore. Offering a stripped down loss leader is a rare bird. This is a great deal in every respect and we really have to appreciate that.
Not to throw shade on any other trims, but man am I stoked for ours!

/end storytime

Goodnight babies,
Ami
✌

Last edited:

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)