First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350, 2015 JKU, 2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just hope that Ford thought to add a plug-in for the lights like you can get the optional one for the J K‘s. The other thing that would be cool is now since Ford has the electronic braking system built-in if they will set it up so it could be used with a regular trailer tow connection and apply the brakes on the bronco rather than having to add a auxiliary breaking unit.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The electronic braking system is the parking brake outside the normal ABS

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just hope that Ford thought to add a plug-in for the lights like you can get the optional one for the J K‘s. The other thing that would be cool is now since Ford has the electronic braking system built-in if they will set it up so it could be used with a regular trailer tow connection and apply the brakes on the bronco rather than having to add a auxiliary breaking unit.
That would be too cool...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great question!

Here are the 2020 specs which is the newest information automatic transmission only From Ford

2020 FORD CUVS/SUVS
Transit Connect – No
EcoSport – No
Escape – No
Escape Hybrid – Yes 1,3,4
Escape Plug-in Hybrid – Yes 1,3,4
Edge – No
Edge ST – Yes 5,6,7,8
Explorer – No
Expedition/Expedition MAX 4x2 – No
Expedition/Expedition MAX 4x4 – Yes 9,10

2020 FORD TRUCKS
Ranger 4x2 – No
Ranger 4x4 – Yes 10
F-150 4x2 – No
F-150 4x4 – Yes 10
F-150 Raptor – Yes 11
F-250/350/450/550/600 Super Duty® 4x2 – No
F-250/350/450/550/600 Super Duty 4x4 – Yes 10

1 Maximum speed with hybrid transmission is 70 mph.
2 Select “Stay In Neutral” mode – refer to owner’s manual
transmission and towing sections to follow procedures.
3 Select “Neutral Tow” mode – refer to owner’s manual
transmission and towing sections to follow procedures.
4 Start the engine and allow it to run for one (1) minute
at the beginning of each day and every six (6) hours thereafter.
5 Intelligent all-wheel-drive (AWD)/4WD vehicles cannot be towed on a dolly.
6 Maximum speed with automatic transmission is 65 mph.
7 Start the engine and allow it to run for five (5) minutes at the beginning of each day and every six (6) hours thereafter.
8 Activate Manual Park Release (MPR) – refer to owner’s manual to follow procedures.
9 Requires 2-speed transfer case.
10 Place the transfer case in the neutral position to engage the four-wheel-down towing feature – refer to owner’s manual to follow procedure.
11 Refer to Raptor Supplement.

AC7880

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, previous Subaru WRX
The "full size" Bronco appears towable 4 wheels down behind a motorhome with it's transfer case.

But the Bronco Sport is my question as to being towable 4 wheels down. I have searched on line for several days with no success, and no answer from Ford itself.

We know the escape platform is not towable 4 wheels down with the 2 engines spec'd for the Sport. Only the Hybrid Escape is towable (which does not interest me).

Jeep sells a ton of Cherokees to RVers to tow behind. Ford needs to step up to compete.

Sponsored

GOAT

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following this thread for more info as it comes. My parents are also interested in getting a Bronco if they can flat tow it behind their Prevost.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is excellent news!

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did some research before I reserved one...guessing the Ranger and Bronco would share drive trains, I found this on a Ranger forum:...it would be a deal breaker for me if I couldn't flat tow it.

from the Ranger Product Manager and the Owners Guide found on fleet.ford.com - Yes. 4wd only. put transfer case dial in 2wd, push ignition button to release shifter and place in neutral. Use steering wheel buttons to operate info center to place vehicle in "neutral tow mode", and turn ignition off.

I asked my dealer to confirm this, but haven't heard back from him ( we're a long way off from ordering) possibly there is a "Bronco" Product Manager at FoMoCo that can chime in...

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I did some research before I reserved one...guessing the Ranger and Bronco would share drive trains, I found this on a Ranger forum:...it would be a deal breaker for me if I couldn't flat tow it.

from the Ranger Product Manager and the Owners Guide found on fleet.ford.com - Yes. 4wd only. put transfer case dial in 2wd, push ignition button to release shifter and place in neutral. Use steering wheel buttons to operate info center to place vehicle in "neutral tow mode", and turn ignition off.

I asked my dealer to confirm this, but haven't heard back from him ( we're a long way off from ordering) possibly there is a "Bronco" Product Manager at FoMoCo that can chime in...
This is how my 19 F150 is, Ford is doing it for all their 4x4 vehicles now so the Bronco gets the tech

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can some one PLEASE answer me WHY WOULD YOU FLAT TOW!??

A new Car hauler trailer is $2,000
A new flat tow rig is $1,200 plus instillation. why ruin a new car by putting that set up on it and ruining tires and drivetrain and killing your resale value when you can just get a trailer for life?

Sponsored

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a car trailer, but flat towing in campgrounds is much easier. I wouldn't need to find a temporary home for the trailer.

GOAT

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can some one PLEASE answer me WHY WOULD YOU FLAT TOW!??

A new Car hauler trailer is $2,000
A new flat tow rig is $1,200 plus instillation. why ruin a new car by putting that set up on it and ruining tires and drivetrain and killing your resale value when you can just get a trailer for life?
I don't know what type of new car hauler trailer you're looking at for $2,000 but I guarantee it won't be quality and definitely not last for life.

As stated, flat towing is much more convenient and you don't have to worry about finding a place to store the trailer if you're at a resort or campground that doesn't have an area for them. Most don't and you would still need to have a vehicle in the trailer that was able to tow it. So most of the time, full timers find a truck or SUV capable of flat tow. Towing a truck allows you to put your golf cart or motorcycle in the back as well.

It also should not lower your resale value as it does not add mileage to the odometer. Sure it still causes some wear on the components but it should't affect resale value unless the purchaser knows.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After 70 K flat towing 4 door Wrangler and 70K driving it, the bearings were gone and we got a Grand Cherokee Overland (air lift suspension). Due to sophistication of GC we started toeing it on my Corvette trailer, trailer bearings and tires are a lot cheaper and easier to change than automotive tires and bearings.

When flat towing we used a lite bar on towed Wrangler trailer hitch and a battery disconnect to keep from mixing electrical systems.

The solid axle bobble-head inducing Jeep was immediately refer to as the "much loved, little missed Wrangler".

Having the ability to back the Class 8 conversion RV up makes up for the occasional need to stash the trailer over the passed 60K miles.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know what type of new car hauler trailer you're looking at for $2,000 but I guarantee it won't be quality and definitely not last for life.

As stated, flat towing is much more convenient and you don't have to worry about finding a place to store the trailer if you're at a resort or campground that doesn't have an area for them. Most don't and you would still need to have a vehicle in the trailer that was able to tow it. So most of the time, full timers find a truck or SUV capable of flat tow. Towing a truck allows you to put your golf cart or motorcycle in the back as well.

It also should not lower your resale value as it does not add mileage to the odometer. Sure it still causes some wear on the components but it should't affect resale value unless the purchaser knows.
thats my point the purchaser will know if they know.
Also most camp sites I’ve been too have room

also we got a 10k lbs GVWR trailer custom made at work for $4000 let alone one you can get at a store.

Sharpgt

Wildtrak
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford GT. Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some (like me) prefer to flat tow, others prefer to haul a trailer plus the Toad. There are pros and cons to either. I’m just glad Ford recognized the number of RV’ers who flat tow their vehicles and engineered the capability into the Bronco.
Sponsored