Sponsored

Would anyone want to see a Bronco with no removable parts?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make my fixed roof wagon a Lincoln with extra luxury and comfort, but make sure it keeps all the off road capability.
Sponsored

striker79

Badlands
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jkur
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd say yes, the removable top is not something i would miss unless ford has found some magical way of making it not leak its not worth it to me.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Removable top is what makes it a Bronco. Otherwise it would be a rebadged Ford Everest with better suspension on the upper trims.

For the rest of you that don't want the option for a fixed roof I wish they had that option for you but if it came down to only removable roof or non-removable roof then Ford 100% made the right decision.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As long as the hard top is relatively quiet I don't really care. If I had my choice I'd go non-removable but it's not a big deal.

Just wanted to chime in on the FJ smack: The FJ failed for a lot of reasons, but I don't think a fixed roof was high on the list. Just some examples of it's problems - launched a "toy" type vehicle 2 years before an economic collapse yet bailed at the beginning of an off-road boom, 2 doors SUVs are as hard sell especially with the 4Runner being available, most people under 40 had no idea what "FJ" was a reference to, let alone had any attachment to it's heritage, etc, etc.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As long as the hard top is relatively quiet I don't really care. If I had my choice I'd go non-removable but it's not a big deal.

Just wanted to chime in on the FJ smack: The FJ failed for a lot of reasons, but I don't think a fixed roof was high on the list. Just some examples of it's problems - launched a "toy" type vehicle 2 years before an economic collapse yet bailed at the beginning of an off-road boom, 2 doors SUVs are as hard sell especially with the 4Runner being available, most people under 40 had no idea what "FJ" was a reference to, let alone had any attachment to it's heritage, etc, etc.
Not to mention it was absolutely hideous.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they make a truck version (or have the Bronco take over the Ranger), then I'd prefer it have a non-removable roof. It'd be cool if they kept the removable doors, but I think the ugliest part of the Gladiator is the removable top.

Edit: have a panoramic sunroof option, though

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Modularity is huge for me. The more I can easily take apart/change without damaging it the better. Look at the popup top roof tents. Those things look awesome, but are only possible because it has a removable top. I'd love to add some offroad lights to my subie (hot damn do the stock headlights suck) but don't know where the heck I'd mount them. On the Bronco? I have a feeling the sideview mirror accessory spots are there to support just that. Plus removable sides to the bumper for more clearance? Heck yeah. Or swap it out for a custom piece. I've got a dream for the hard top where I replace it with a massive sheet of polycarb making the whole thing essentially a moonroof. Will I do it? Probably not. Is having the option to do it a huge selling point? You best believe it is.

If you aren't into the removable top, why not check out a 4runner? If they made them in manual I'd already own one. Capable, good aftermarket support, and toyota reliability. Pricey, sure, but a very well sorted vehicle, and toss on a marlincrawler TCase and some beefed up axles and you're ready to make a (squatchrunner? 4squatcher?)

cyberbro

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The bronco sport will soon answer this question

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

Agreed w/ all your points!
Additionally: the b pillar caused sub-par visibility and the all-time 4wd resulted in poor fuel economy.

Silver lining is that they're still holding their value pretty steadily, especially the manual variants.

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
CAA3D6C8-F34C-4CE4-AEC3-B673EC8DD45F.jpeg

Give me this with pano moonroof and roll down window/drop tailgate.
I don’t see the point in having a new Bronco without a removable roof and doors. That being said, I hope the design language carries over to other Ford SUVs. I’d LOVE to see this as the next Explorer. I’m not going to hold my breath though...

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it absolutely amazing that there are people on here that would say, "Yes, I want a Bronco, but I want it to be everything that a Bronco is not."

So go buy another SUV? There are plenty to choose from. Perhaps a Blazer?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I find it absolutely amazing that there are people on here that would say, "Yes, I want a Bronco, but I want it to be everything that a Bronco is not."

This. There are plenty of SUVs already available (that would arguably be a better match for some owners actual usage). On the other hand, for decades we've only had one open top 4x4 available (Wrangler). Glad we'll finally have another option in that category with the new Bronco.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What other SUVs have Sasquatch with 35s from the factory(with warranty) and “marine grade” vinyl? The only “non-bronco” items that I want are a fixed top( with pano moon roof) and better hvac in 2nd row and cargo area.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This. There are plenty of SUVs already available (that would arguably be a better match for some owners actual usage). On the other hand, for decades we've only had one open top 4x4 available (Wrangler). Glad we'll finally have another option in that category with the new Bronco.
Not this. See my post above.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What other SUVs have Sasquatch with 35s from the factory(with warranty) and “marine grade” vinyl? The only “non-bronco” items that I want are a fixed top( with pano moon roof) and better hvac in 2nd row and cargo area.
What purpose do you need marine grade vinyl for if you don't take the top off? That's why it's an option in the first place. It's not because of dog hair.

The simple fact here is, if they didn't make it a removable top, they never would have produced this vehicle at all. So the only reason why you have a 4x4 with 35's is because of the removable top.

Pano moon roof? Take the top off and you won't have anything in the way.....
Sponsored