BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I want a good laugh I just talk to my dealer. He says 16-18 weeks for an order today till delivery. What I read here the numbers say it will be a 2023 delivery date. The MIC tops are still a mess. It looks like ADM's are going to be happening for another year. Looks like the dealers will be getting stock to sell before people that reserved and did the orders as required. Sometimes I feel like ordering a new loaded Bronco just to see how long it really takes and be in the loop of all the Ford info of crap.
Sponsored

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how rare are 2 door my21’s 😂?

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tudor Pickering Adjusts Price Target for Ford Motor to $22 From $19, Maintains Buy Rating

MT NEWSWIRES 12:37 PM ET 11/3/2021

01:37 PM EDT, 11/03/2021 (MT Newswires) -- (MT Newswires covers equity, commodity and economic research from major banks and research firms in North America, Asia and Europe. Research providers may contact us here: https://www.mtnewswires.com/contact-us)

Price: 18.29, Change: +0.27, Percent Change: +1.53

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"October new vehicle orders hit 77,000."

-- or --

How to fool Wall Street in 5 words or fewer (and a number).

Step 1: Ford tells all unscheduled orders that they need to re-order starting in mid-October.
Step 2: Ford tells all orders awaiting rescheduling that MY22 build scheduling will begin soon thereafter, and only buildable (non-99) orders will be scheduled.
Step 3: Outstanding reservation-holders scamper to dealers to re-order their Broncos as MY22s as soon as possible after the system opens in October.
Step 4: Ford includes these re-orders as new vehicle orders in October.

Am I wrong? Possibly. Ford might not count such re-orders in its totals. But then again, it might... especially if those were pending MY22s to begin with due to lack of MY21 features.
Yes, looks like good use of tried & true fuzzy math or the old favorite recipe of "put books in pot on stove & simmer until done"......AND have we ended our outrage over the whole building reservations first lie?? I haven't.
FWIW, that was just a blurb in the PR summary at the top of the report. Further down on the middle left of Page 1, they added further text...

Ford took in 77,000 retail orders for new vehicles in October – up 25,000 compared to September’s new vehicle orders. With improving vehicle inventory, Ford is filling these customer orders at record rates, with 32 percent of retail sales in October coming from a previously placed new vehicle order. This is Ford’s third straight month above 30 percent and compares favorably to just 6 percent last year.
Ford Bronco Bronco October 2021 Sales & Production Numbers: 7,364 Sold / 7,668 Produced 77K Retail Orders

L_Brady_

Base
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My local Ford dealership looks like its actually starting to get some inventory back on the lot, good sign

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, that was just a blurb in the PR summary at the top of the report. Further down on the middle left of Page 1, they added further text...

Ford Bronco Bronco October 2021 Sales & Production Numbers: 7,364 Sold / 7,668 Produced 77K Retail Orders
So it was spin? They hoped that some of the news people and analysts would be "TL;DR" and conclude that Ford had a whole bunch of new demand for vehicles. What I don't understand is why an increase in the number coming from previously-placed new vehicle orders TM/LM or TY/LY would be considered a good thing.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it was spin? They hoped that some of the news people and analysts would be "TL;DR" and conclude that Ford had a whole bunch of new demand for vehicles. What I don't understand is why an increase in the number coming from previously-placed new vehicle orders TM/LM or TY/LY would be considered a good thing.
I don't know whether it's spin or not, because I don't know what criteria they are using for the measurement. 🤷‍♂️ Generally, once a company picks a reporting methodology, they stick to it to ensure comparability in future months.

The reason Ford is tracking retail order statistics and reporting on them is because Farley wants more of future sales to come from retail orders instead of wholesale, and he has communicated that objective to the Street.

The reason for this is three-fold:
  • It helps project commodity needs during the global supply chain constraints.
  • It reduces overall inventory across the system, which ties up working capital.
  • It reduces the need for heavy sales incentives to move metal, which results in higher average transaction prices.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still unimpressed by these numbers but at least I'm not enraged like the September numbers. They don't seem to indicate that Ford is making all that much progress on dirt mountain and hardtops in general. Doesn't inspire confidence that I will see a scheduling email for my 2DR Day 3 reservation any time soon. 🤷‍♂️

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope every scalper sees this before they keep insisting Broncos are 'rare'

Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
So how rare are 2 door my21’s 😂?
I mean if I’m taking everyone’s math that there will be 45,000 21 broncos and 20% of those are 2 door then that means only 9,000 2 door 2021 builds. Will be interesting to see the final numbers all said and done.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco October 2021 Sales & Production Numbers: 7,364 Sold / 7,668 Produced 1635967640828

I added "dealer stocks" to the graph - this should plateau off at some point - note Ford may have contractual obligations that require them to provide a certain amount of dealer stock. Note: the Estimated Dirt Mountain does not include Gross Stocks.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mean if I’m taking everyone’s math that there will be 45,000 21 broncos and 20% of those are 2 door then that means only 9,000 2 door 2021 builds. Will be interesting to see the final numbers all said and done.
I think I saw in the order tracker about 25% are 2 doors (I am one).

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice. I wonder how many first editions are out there;).

Last edited: