First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
What’s the last week that MY21 will be built? Pushed back to 11/15 week.. running out of weeks to push it back at this point.
As of right now it looks like 12/13 is the finial build week for 21s. Which is also the first Week for 22s. Yea you read that right. 21s and 22s will be coming off of the line at the same time 👍. I was a 12/6 build week which was supposedly the finial build week but was pushed to 12/13….
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny that, my dealer says no dealer stock until reservations are filled, just sayin! Everyone has their speculations and theories and the only certainty is that no one on this forum knows what will happen. No one!
It may be true that at an individual dealer level, reservations will be filled first. However, with the allocation formula for '22, dealers will run out of reservations at different times. Once a dealer runs out of reservations either they will start getting dealer stock or their allocation will drop to zero. I'm guessing dealer stock. Sure, no one knows for certain what will happen. Ford could change the allocation formula next week. However, Ford has been silent on the allocation formula for a month despite being hammered about it on Bronco Nation live, and Levine and Farley being tweeted about it many times a day.

My guess is Ford is being silent because they know that Reservations First can't be reconciled with the allocation formula. If Ford had some master plan on how to make it work, why wouldn't they just give the details? Another bad sign is that the FAQs have been updated to include dealer allocation, in addition to parts availability, as a reason Broncos might not be delivered in timestamp order.

utah.bronco.badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What % of Broncos built and sold are SEMA Broncos? You would think anyone can get a Bronco these days on the number I have seen. Such a distortion of reality.
1. It's reasonable to see that off-road industry companies and enthusiasts were early reservation holders who also got one or more Broncos early on. Many SEMA builders were in this camp, and Ford reached out to many of them to see if they were interested in doing a build for SEMA.
2. There are ~30 Broncos at SEMA. 30 out of 17,568 built+sold is 0.17%
3. You're looking toward SEMA for reality? SEMA has always been one-off, even prototype-level products haha

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sales of the all-new Bronco continue to grow as inventory flows. In-transit inventory of Bronco is up 11.7 percent over September, with Bronco sales for the month totaling 7,364 SUVs – up 117 percent at retail relative to September.

Bronco October 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales (October): 7,364 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 17,568 vehicles.
  • Bronco Production (October): 7,668 vehicles. Production (YTD): 33,207 vehicles.
Overall October 2021 Sales Highlights
  • New products, strong inventory make Ford America’s top-selling automaker for second straight month.
  • Ford brand SUVs post best October results in 21 years.
  • F-Series expands lead.
  • October new vehicle orders hit 77,000.
  • Lincoln brand SUV sales continue to climb.
  • October new vehicle orders hit 77,000.
  • October 2021 total US Sales: 175,918 vehicles.
  • 32% of retail sales in October came from a previously placed new vehicle order.
  • In a few weeks, Ford begins production of its all new E-Transit.
  • All electric F-150 Lightning has now accumulated over 160,000 reservations.
  • For F-Series, strong SUV sales driven by Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mustang Mach-E, and first full month of Maverick sales fueled October performance.
  • Overall sales were down 4.0% (YoY from October 2020).
  • Retail sales were down 3.8% (YoY from October 2020).
October 2021 Sales Summary

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.33.48 AM.jpg

October 2021 Sales

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.34.01 AM.jpg

October 2021 Inventory

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.34.10 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.34.20 AM.jpg

October 2021 Production
Thanks. Great info. Is there any info on Broncos delivered YTD / MTD?

• Bronco Production (October): 7,668 vehicles. Production (YTD): 33,207 vehicles.

Liberaldemon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mean if I’m taking everyone’s math that there will be 45,000 21 broncos and 20% of those are 2 door then that means only 9,000 2 door 2021 builds. Will be interesting to see the final numbers all said and done.
And the real issue (worldwide not just Bronco) is the chips. They can build xx number of cars but at the end of the day they sit at the factory until there is a chip. And the chip shortage has no end in sight and in fact you can say that the increase in production only causes more of an issue for Ford to figure out how to prioritize the chips they get. By order date? By profit on the specific vehicle?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Great info. Is there any info on Broncos delivered YTD / MTD?

No breakdown of delivery data was provided, but since Ford sells wholesale to the dealers (presumably FOB Wayne, MI), the deliveries would likely be less than the sales figures to account for vehicles in transit.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And with what? 125000 + orders to fulfill? It's gonna take a minute at this pace.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And the real issue (worldwide not just Bronco) is the chips. They can build xx number of cars but at the end of the day they sit at the factory until there is a chip. And the chip shortage has no end in sight and in fact you can say that the increase in production only causes more of an issue for Ford to figure out how to prioritize the chips they get. By order date? By profit on the specific vehicle?
As far as 2drs are concerned,I would say the amount of tops they can/will build is more of an issue than the chips. You are not going to see 2drs sitting at the factory without chips

notafordguy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BMW 335i, 2002 Jeep Wrangler, 1963 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been tracking these numbers over time:

(ignoring that some of these are post-March 19 orders)
I dig your research and use production theory. Are you an operations management graduate? I am an operations engineer and a US semiconductor manufacturer and love digging into manufacturing data and building production models.

Anyway, what is it about March 19th that I keep hearing? I am a later res holder and am a little concerned that I will never see this thing delivered.
Reserved 5/1/21
Ordered 6/1/21

Sponsored

Liberaldemon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dig your research and use production theory. Are you an operations management graduate? I am an operations engineer and a US semiconductor manufacturer and love digging into manufacturing data and building production models.

Anyway, what is it about March 19th that I keep hearing? I am a later res holder and am a little concerned that I will never see this thing delivered.
Reserved 5/1/21
Ordered 6/1/21
Yes but they order the tops from my understanding. Its not a ford product. Id take my damn car without one if it sped it up by 6 months

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious how can they build a vehicle without a chip and send it off the production line? Push it out by hand or push vehicle? Wouldn't it have to go back thru the factory for all the QA checks, engine run, etc? Is that what they are doing pushing/towing dead Broncos around until they get chips?
I'm hearing that they have made 30-50k Broncos, all they all 4 door strippers with canvas tarp roofs is that why my 7/14 AM reservation 2 door Sasquatch hasn't been built?
Thanks

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reserved 5/1/21
Ordered 6/1/21
I am a retired engineer/MBA just trying to sift the facts from fiction - most of these guys are livid that Ford is not sticking perfectly enough with producing by reservation date; which they are not given all the constraints and competing interests given their own profit, the dealer community trying to make a buck in very tough times, etc.

Anyway … March 19, 2020 is when folks who made a reservation had to convert it to an order to get “price protection” if/when their model year 2021 turns into a model year 2022 as mine did. We also had a deadline of mid-October to make sure we had our dealer re-enter our 2021 order for 2022.

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyway … March 19, 2020 is when folks who made a reservation had to convert it to an order to get “price protection” if/when their model year 2021 turns into a model year 2022 as mine did. We also had a deadline of mid-October to make sure we had our dealer re-enter our 2021 order for 2022.
I think that the price protection date is March 19, 2021.

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What am I missing? There have been ~33k+ produced but only ~17,500 sold. With ~6,200 “Gross Stock”, that still leaves over 9,000 vehicles unaccounted for. Maybe a few hundred at OffRoadeo. Where are the others?
Sponsored