Sponsored

What Tires Are You Going With?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My original scaling estimate a few months showed they would match the Ranger bolt pattern: 6 x 139.7mm (6 x 5.5"). However, last week I tried scaling on some of the newer photos and found it to be inclusive, some photos did seem to match the F-150 Bolt Pattern: 6 x 135mm (6 x 5.31") but others still matched the Ranger. The differences being what angle the photos were taken at.
I'm keeping my eye on this website to see if they get it soon:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/bronco/2021/

Here was my original estimate:
Just checked my bolt patterns - there are dual bolt patterns in each - 6 x 135 , and 6 x 5.5 . I may be good , lol
Sponsored

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know Cooper split their AT3 into a family, now there are three series but the LT does not come in the 285/70R17, these do:
Discoverer AT3 4S
https://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-at3-4s
Discoverer AT3 XLT
https://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-at3-xlt

Which one did you have?

Their description for the 4S model says, "On road comfort with off-road durability". So that sounds good but it still looks like the Wildpeak combines but on road comfort and aggressive off-road performance into one tire. I'm not brand loyal, just learning the best options for my Bronco.

So I went to google, just starting reading and found these two interesting:

And over on this forum they had a poll:
POLL: Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S vs Falken Wildpeak AT3/W
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S - 39 vote(s) - 43.3%
Falken Wildpeak AT3/W - 51 vote(s) - 56.7%
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/poll-cooper-discoverer-at3-4s-vs-falken-wildpeak-at3-w.655556/
I had LT E-load rated Cooper AT3s (XLT) and C-load rated Wildpeak AT3/w. E-load is a more rugged tire than c-load, but Coopers are significantly lighter.

comparing passenger light load rated Cooper 4s tires to LT c-rated Wildpeaks is hardly fair.

please compare E load rated Cooper AT3 XLT tire to Wildpeak AT3/W. Cooper beats it in every single measure. I had both of these, subjectively Coopers were better.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had LT E-load rated Cooper AT3s (XLT) and C-load rated Wildpeak AT3/w. E-load is a more rugged tire than c-load, but Coopers are significantly lighter.
comparing passenger light load rated Cooper 4s tires to LT c-rated Wildpeaks is hardly fair.
please compare E load rated Cooper AT3 XLT tire to Wildpeak AT3/W. Cooper beats it in every single measure. I had both of these, subjectively Coopers were better.
Thanks for the further explanation, of course it is not apples to apples to compare across load ranges or tread styles. My original comparison was discussing the standard Badlands, 33" - 285/70R17, BFGoodrich T/A KO2, load range C, weight 50.33lbs to the 33" - 285/70R17, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's, load range SL, weight 50.5lbs. The Wildpeak has a great reputation for a comfortable, quiet ride, aggressive good looks, aggressive off-road capability, rugged sidewalls that stand-up to abuse and they do not hold onto rocks and mud like the KO2's.

I understand for your needs of a heavier truck load range E tire the Coopers serve you well. For my needs, I'm looking for the best combination for a 95% daily driver, quiet, comfortable ride while still maintaining aggressive off-road capability. That is not possible in a stiff sidewall load range E tire.

Of course this is all relative, if you are coming from a truck and are used to a harsher ride you may not mind the stiffer load range E tires. If on the other hand, you are moving from an SUV to the Bronco, like myself, I still want a little better DD ride, with some level of comfort and less noise. So it all comes down to what you are used to and can tolerate.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A 33” AT that will fit the stock Big Bend rims.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went with these 35s on the jeep federal coriaga great price 10 ply sidewalls heavy but super tough. I will be getting 37s and craigslisting the 35s.

20200214_121344.jpg

CumminsWayne

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Ram CTD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will 100% be going to Toyo Open Country RT’s day 1 of getting my Bronco. Run them in 35x12.50 on my truck and they are amazing. Perfect hybrid between AT and MT. Drive insanely good at 80mph down the highway too. Only decision I got to make is....... 35 or 37’s?!

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been running Toyo Open Country AT2 on my F-150 for last 5 years, and they are great, just put on the new Open Country AT3 last night, they look great and seem great so far. I thought I would try them out until I get the Bronco delivered and sell the F-150.
I will run the KO2s that are coming on the Bronco, and when they wear out, maybe put the Open Country AT3 or RT on.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought about trying out the Cooper STT PRO once I went through the stockers. Couple of friends have them on their trucks and love them. Anyone on here have any experience with them?

Sponsored

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going with 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers. I've had 2 sets on my Jeeps over the last 8 years and I've never found a tougher, more aggressive tire.

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thought about trying out the Cooper STT PRO once I went through the stockers. Couple of friends have them on their trucks and love them. Anyone on here have any experience with them?
Yes. I have them on my 2019 Tacoma right now. They are great if you don’t mind a little noise. It’s not “mud tire loud” but they are louder than a KO2.
they do plow through standing water without hydroplaning like no other tire I’ve had. The wet and dry traction is incredible.
Depending on if I go with a package with 35s or 37s and what tire they put on that Bronco, I might change them out.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

stock 33 BFG KO2 on BL. I may get a different set just for park riding.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will 100% be going to Toyo Open Country RT’s day 1 of getting my Bronco. Run them in 35x12.50 on my truck and they are amazing. Perfect hybrid between AT and MT. Drive insanely good at 80mph down the highway too. Only decision I got to make is....... 35 or 37’s?!
I want to check these out because they are so similar to my ridge grapplers. Question. Is there ANY chance we can fit a 37 spare on the factory tailgate mount? I saw one picture with a 35 and it sure looked like there may be another inch to play with on the top and bottom. I know weight may be an issue. Just curious if you could jam one in there.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to check these out because they are so similar to my ridge grapplers. Question. Is there ANY chance we can fit a 37 spare on the factory tailgate mount? I saw one picture with a 35 and it sure looked like there may be another inch to play with on the top and bottom. I know weight may be an issue. Just curious if you could jam one in there.
Even with a locker you can be couple of incher off and still not hurt anything meaning you run 37s and have a 35 as spare if the 37 does not fit .
37s are heavy too alot to ask of that factory hinge.
Sponsored