Sponsored

What model Pak Rax are you interested in?

• Total voters
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need one of these with a bike mount add-on!
We will add that to the list but the length of a bike may really hinder the usability of your doors... LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saying they’re not making one for a soft top is not shitting on people that prefer a soft top. They’ve given their reasons for designing a hard top version only. It’s not anti-soft top.
Out of the kindness of our team's heart... We will do our best to satisfy the soft toppers and see if we can put something together but do not expect it for a while, please. Our small team of product designers has a queue of products to design that has been planned out a year in advance.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We will add that to the list but the length of a bike may really hinder the usability of your doors... LOL
Good point. My current hitch bike-mount doesn’t play nice with the swing out tailgate - so looking for other options. I will be a costumer for this product either way but would be awesome if a bike mount could work. 🙏🏼

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Eye! We are currently working on a bracket that will not need our Heavy-Duty top bracket and use the Ford Roof rack mount to just directly mount our Pak Rax to it. For those who do not plan to have the Ford Roof rack, this is where our mount comes in and can be used.

We also paid close attention to that design and what you can ultimately do is remove the plastic ford footprint and replace it with our heavy-duty steel bracket that you can re-attach the Ford Roof rack to. Let us know what you think!
Looks like you thought this through. It's great to hear that! Another cool idea would be just replacing entire rear glass with a metal piece with some cool mountings holes. That would help with a roof weight limits as well! Who needs a rear glass anyway haha

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like you thought this through. It's great to hear that! Another cool idea would be just replacing entire rear glass with a metal piece with some cool mountings holes. That would help with a roof weight limits as well! Who needs a rear glass anyway haha
Yes it would be cool but we are respecting that, that idea has already been used by another company, that more than likely will use it for the Bronco. Also doing that will limit what you can mount to it.

Our design will be mounted at two points on the top of the hardtop and mounted to a bracket that uses factory holes on the body of the Bronco. This gives it 4 places of mounting strength and distribution of weight. 2 of the 4 locations will be directly tied into the body of the Bronco, essentially making the Pak Rax not only just a side-mounted rack, but almost like an exoskeleton reinforcement.

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The (not so) long waited for screenshots of the Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco iterations
Here they are! Hopefully "hanging in there" was not that bad. Let us know what you think. Before you get typing keep in mind this is subject to change and NOT the final product of our TrailRax Pak Rax for the Ford Bronco. We are still working on this file but felt like you wanted some eye candy for this fine Hump day.

view 2.JPG
view 1.JPG
view 3.JPG
Thank you!!

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Eye! We are currently working on a bracket that will not need our Heavy-Duty top bracket and use the Ford Roof rack mount to just directly mount our Pak Rax to it. For those who do not plan to have the Ford Roof rack, this is where our mount comes in and can be used.

We also paid close attention to that design and what you can ultimately do is remove the plastic ford footprint and replace it with our heavy-duty steel bracket that you can re-attach the Ford Roof rack to. Let us know what you think!
Would be nice to see both in a photo and compare :)

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well... uh... We are doing a thing
Due to popular demand... We are bringing the Pak Rax patented product to the Bronco world. This new world of Bronco is something we can definitely get used to! We are actually on a waiting list to get our Ford Bronco Raptor. We are excited to announce the development of the Pak Rax for the Bronco. Due to its high speed off-road nature, we are designing the Pak Rax to be a bolt-on system that will take on the abuse and speed the Bronco is made for. With the help of @fronc / @froncobronco and @justinbmcbride we are going through many variables and options to develop the best product we can produce. We are working to make sure that the bronco Pak Rax will work with the Ford roof rack and also offer more options to aftermarket roof rack companies to use our mount that ties together a roof rack to our Heavy Duty mounting solution in conjunction with our Pak Rax.

This Pak Rax will be a side-mounted accessory rack for many different options like Gas cans (Rotopax), MaxTrax, shovels, axes, and much more. The version we are working on is for the Hardtop ONLY models. For Soft top owners that are not planning on getting a hardtop, please visit our other thread. The Pak Rax will come in pairs as well for better weight distribution on your Bronco.

Is there something you want to see or want to mount to your Bronco Pak Rax? let us know!

We plan to use this forum to keep everyone up to date on the newest developments of the Bronco Pak Rax.

The Pak Rax will be "Produced Wild" just like how the Bronco is "Born Wild."

View attachment 199942

Shut up and take my money đź’°

HL_MI_BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Jeep YJ - 2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crazy... I just read this whole thred looking for a link the the rear tire carrier pictured on page 1……

I believe based on the pics half of the peeps (soft toppers) on here are looking at that rack.

And I believe the OP is talking solely about the side window mount racks. Which makes sense would only work with a hard top.

Am I confused? OP exactly which rack are you selling? Checked your website and do not see any tire racks on it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be nice to see both in a photo and compare :)
We will work on getting a side by side photo for you. We are going to hide detailed shots to avoid any other companies getting ideas. Stand by

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will work on getting a side by side photo for you. We are going to hide detailed shots to avoid any other companies getting ideas. Stand by
I would really appreciate it. I am a pretty visual guy, so the look and consistency play a huge role for me.

OP
OP
TrailRax

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crazy... I just read this whole thred looking for a link the the rear tire carrier pictured on page 1……

I believe based on the pics half of the peeps (soft toppers) on here are looking at that rack.

And I believe the OP is talking solely about the side window mount racks. Which makes sense would only work with a hard top.

Am I confused? OP exactly which rack are you selling? Checked your website and do not see any tire racks on it?
Our first post we put up was confused so we photoshopped a Pak Rax which is the side mounted rack on the rear more hardtop window. That is where it mounts. We are not the maker of the tire rack and we believe weight of gas/ maxtrax and other items should be utilized and stored else where to better distribute weight.

HL_MI_BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Jeep YJ - 2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our first post we put up was confused so we photoshopped a Pak Rax which is the side mounted rack on the rear more hardtop window. That is where it mounts. We are not the maker of the tire rack and we believe weight of gas/ maxtrax and other items should be utilized and stored else where to better distribute weight.
In the end that was my take. But i think most of the softies are talking about that rack specifically and your side rack.

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good point. My current hitch bike-mount doesn’t play nice with the swing out tailgate - so looking for other options. I will be a costumer for this product either way but would be awesome if a bike mount could work. 🙏🏼
Look into the kuat pivot V2 (driver's side swing). It's what I use and it's fast and sturdy with zero added wobble.
Sponsored