Sponsored

Multiple Reservations with Single Order Intent (Poll)

How many Bronco's did you put orders in for when only intending to order one?

• Total voters

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
I don't think I have seen anything like this, but I was thinking if we could get an understanding of how many members have multiple orders with the intent of only ordering one Bronco, it could give us some insight into real delivery projections based on poll results.
Sponsored

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was lucky enough to get my reservation in the night it opened. Thought about doing a second with another dealer to hedge my bet in the off chance the original charges above MSRP, but didn't put another in.

OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
I was lucky enough to get my reservation in the night it opened. Thought about doing a second with another dealer to hedge my bet in the off chance the original charges above MSRP, but didn't put another in.
So you only put one order in? I want to see how many pulled the trigger on mutiple vs one?

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reserved a 2 door FE on day 1. Day later I reserved a base. A few days later I created another Ford account and reserved a Wildtrack 2 door and 4 door. I have a good dealer that isn't going to gouge me, and will accept X plan. Figure I will sell the FE and a 4 door Wildtrack, to help pay for the base and 2 door Wildtrack.

Sponsored

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reserved a 2 door FE on day 1. Day later I reserved a base. A few days later I created another Ford account and reserved a Wildtrack 2 door and 4 door. I have a good dealer that isn't going to gouge me, and will accept X plan. Figure I will sell the FE and a 4 door Wildtrack, to help pay for the base and 2 door Wildtrack.
So you can really make a profit after paying for the truck, delivery, dealer fee and sales tax?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered a FE the first night of reservation. There was talk about not being able to switch dealers or trim levels and FE only having Blue interior. So a few days later I ordered a Wildtrak from a different dealer. Figured better to be safe than sorry.
My wife also ordered a FE the first night. She's not a big fan of Navy Pier interior, so she might move on to a Land Rover D-90.

Last edited:
OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
This is good info. If the trend holds true, there could be 30% less orders placed, speeding up hypothetical delivery. That's before order week when several more will likely decide it's not for them at this point in their lives.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just being a bit nit picky here. Orders and reservations are two completely different things. No one can place an order at the moment, only a reservation.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I reserved a First Edition as quickly as I could after the 8pm window opened so I could get my foot in the door. A day or two later I reserved a Badlands after 1) Learning that the Badlands would better align with our preferences, 2) Not being sure if I could change the model at order time, and 3) Not being sure if I would be able change to my preferred dealer at order time.

So now I have a First Edition reservation that puts me early in line if I can change the model & dealer at order time, and a Badlands reservation that gives me the model and dealer I want if I can't change them, but might bump me back a couple months in the delivery date. I'm going to hold on to both reservations until it's time to order.

Since it's refundable, it's the same as hiding $100 in a desk drawer for 6 months.

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just being a bit nit picky here. Orders and reservations are two completely different things. No one can place an order at the moment, only a reservation.
Agree with this comment as the title threw me off a little. Good poll idea, but please change the first 'Orders' to 'Reservations'.

Also I don't think I will plan on ordering from both my reservations, although with stories of C8 vettes going for tens of thousands over sticker... hmmmmm :)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@edgeflyer is it possible to modify your poll (or create another separate one) to include users that reserved 2 or more with the intent to purchase 2?

Larrybwcg

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I truly hope you lose money on this. Trying to make a profit off fellow Bronco enthusiasts is just tasteless.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I truly hope you lose money on this. Trying to make a profit off fellow Bronco enthusiasts is just tasteless.
Don't think a true Bronco enthusiast is his key demographic. More like someone who has more money then sense and just has to have the newest toy to show off and be "liked" (Instagram is FULL of those people). And if an enthusiast wants to buy his FE for mark-up then its a free market and a business deal between two consenting adults which is no business of mine.
Sponsored