James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@JimiVegas I know that my 2 door non-sas OBX Lux in Carbonized Gray is built... I just don't know when it will ever show up (08/05 blend - just before they yeeted all the unscheduled hardtops into 2022).
Yup I'm on the same boat. Mine is built too and was sent into the phantom zone. Ugh this is the real test of mental endurance. Who knows when we will get ours...
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ll start posting some better shots, didnā€™t want to get too slap happy with the pics while everyone is waiting
With the way Ford keeping dragging people's dicks in the dirt, don't worry about.
This is one of, if not the, best thread on the forum.
It provides constant reminders of why the rest of us are still waiting.
In fact, you may be the most productive member of the Ford Marketing team.

@mrlevine Take note, this is how it's done.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally took the top off the Bronco
You may have already picked up on it, but for others there is a torque setting for the clamshell bolts-

"To install, reverse the removal procedure. Torque the fasteners that secure the rear roof panel to your vehicle to 15 Ā± 2 lb.ft (20 Ā± 3 Nm). "

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the way Ford keeping dragging people's dicks in the dirt, don't worry about.
This is one of, if not the, best thread on the forum.
It provides constant reminders of why the rest of us are still waiting.
In fact, you may be the most productive member of the Ford Marketing team.

@mrlevine Take note, this is how it's done.
I appreciate that! The silver lining is that for those waiting the aftermarket will be a little more involved for later deliveries so youā€™ll have better options for light kits, wheels, sliders, etc.

I can assure you that once your ass hits the seat and you fire it up, youā€™ll be so glad you stuck it out.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate that! The silver lining is that for those waiting the aftermarket will be a little more involved for later deliveries so youā€™ll have better options for light kits, wheels, sliders, etc.

I can assure you that once your ass hits the seat and you fire it up, youā€™ll be so glad you stuck it out.

Hey Pete ......... was your top bolted on the b-pillar ?????

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-on-top-screw-rather-than-through-it.22320/

...... just curious ??? :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Pete ......... was your top bolted on the b-pillar ?????

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-on-top-screw-rather-than-through-it.22320/

...... just curious ??? :D
My top was not bolted at the B-pillar which I thought was odd. It looked like if I tried to install the corresponding bolt through the bracket hole that it would have put additional strain on the roof where the other end of the bracket mounted to the clamshell. Definitely goofy but when I put the top back on Iā€™ll test this theory out.

I appreciate you calling that out in this thread for everyone else thatā€™s following. When Ford used the tag line ā€œBuilt Wildā€ they werenā€™t lying.

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those watching, I finally took the top off the Bronco, perfect weather here in Cleveland so itā€™s going to stay off for quite a while.
526CA2F7-22A7-4D8E-BFB9-F17374DDB52D.jpeg

CF8B0ECA-5A95-41F0-B05D-F0552838F504.jpeg

8B586326-64B4-4BAC-A892-452AD93766D8.jpeg

That looks great topless. How involved was the effort?

I've heard the top panels don't fit in 2Dr back with the seats up, accurate?

and thanks Pete for keeping tabs going for us...

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks great topless. How involved was the effort?

I've heard the top panels don't fit in 2Dr back with the seats up, accurate?

and thanks Pete for keeping tabs going for us...
Thanks! It wasnā€™t that involved, the front panels come off pretty quickly and are easily handled by one person. The clamshell isnā€™t bad either but I definitely recommend having a helper for removing that piece. Overall, not complicated and very intuitive.

I havenā€™t tried to fit the front panels in the back with the seats up so Iā€™ll have to do a little field testing and report back.

Happy to keep everyone update but Iā€™m hoping that weā€™ll be grouping up soon as more folks take delivery.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotta add this to the main post but I had some scrap wood left over from several other projects so I made a platform thatā€™s flush with the seats folded flat.

It was a quick and dirty cut and assemble but itā€™ll serve itā€™s purpose for now.
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 5CC0BEFD-E23F-4702-AF75-0465B5BFD6D5

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those watching, I finally took the top off the Bronco, perfect weather here in Cleveland so itā€™s going to stay off for quite a while.
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 5CC0BEFD-E23F-4702-AF75-0465B5BFD6D5

were you able to take the top off by your self or did need help

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

were you able to take the top off by your self or did need help
The front panels were easy to handle by myself but I needed assistance with the clamshell, I thought I could maybe get inside in the middle and lift it up and off but the locating pins in the clamshell plus the angle youā€™d have to take make it awkward.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spent about 20 minutes getting the @Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Plus hood struts installed this evening. It would have taken 10 but I fumbled a bolt so I had to peel back part of the fender liner. The instructions that are provided with the struts are very clear and have good images to help you out.

Installing these ball studs is pretty simple, it slips into the second opening from the hinge and you just pull back and turn it clockwise to tighten it. Then finish it off with a 13mm deep well socket or an open end 13mm wrench.
Attaching the ball stud bracket near where the hinge meets the cowl is where I lost the bolt you need to remove and then re-install to mount the needed bracket for the strut. Once itā€™s re-installed itā€™s rock solid.
Here is a detail shot of where the bracket for the rod end mounts to the vehicle. This is a tricky spot to work in. You could remove the front fender body panel and it would be much easier but it would take a lot longer to complete.

Once installed it opens the hood much wider than the prop rod which is really nice. You could complete the install by yourself but it would be nice to have a helper on stand by just in case.

You can see in the video below how well it operates. I may need to adjust my hood latch because it takes some force in order to get it closed. I cannot push mine shut from the initial release position that I opened it from. To clarify, I had this issue before the hood struts were installed. This was not a result of the installation. These hood struts give a nice premium feel to the rig.

I will add a few detail shots tomorrow to show the bottom brackets and bolt location and add them here plus the original post.

P.S. I was almost too short to reach the hood to close it hahahaha!
I too fumbled the bolt and had an oh ish moment. Used the same technique of peeling back the fender protection. My hood is also hard to close, but to be honest I never tried it prior to installing the strutsā€¦

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, after a lot of waiting, dreaming, and complaining it is finally here!

Reservation : 7/13 at 9:46pm EST
Converted : 2/2/21 at Preston Ford in Burton, OH
Build : 2 Door BaseSquatch Carbonized Grey with MIC top, 2.3L with 10 speed.
Options : HD front bumper and AUX switches

The dealership is prepping her today and Iā€™ll be picking up tomorrow with my wife and son. Iā€™ll start with the cell pictures I got from my sales guy and I will get some better ones when I bring it home.

UPDATE - INITIAL IMPRESSION
Before we get started, I want to thank all of the members of the forum for the love and support in taking delivery of this rig. I know that a lot of you are trying to stay patient. Let me say that all of the woes and angst that you are feeling while you wait are going to VANISH as soon as you pull off the lot. A couple of you have hit the nail on the head - It's a simple build for a simple man. I've scanned the pages of responses and made a list to hopefully answer all of the questions that you guys have. I will add more pictures for those that asked over the weekend while I play around with it a little more....here we go!

Size
The proportions of the Bronco make it look bigger than it is....let me explain. I have a 2018 Tiguan which is absolutely eclipsed by this thing. However, the width of the Bronco (mirror tip to mirror tip) is only 3.5" wider than my Tiguan. The height is obviously where the big differential comes in. I'm 5'9" and the step in isn't bad but I think a tube step would help me lol! The pictures we've seen do not adequately give you an idea of how large this thing is but I love it!

Driving
The 2.3 with the 10 speed should not be taken lightly. In the 2 door, it's a good match, it has good low-end torque and the 10 speed is surprisingly smooth. Coming from the 8 speed DSG in the Tiguan which was pretty incredible, I'm impressed with the 10 speed on this. It does learn the driver so sometimes it hunts for gears but that will sort itself out during the course of the break-in. The road noise is minimal, between the tires and the roof (I have the sound deadening liner), it's shockingly quiet. If you're coming from a luxury vehicle then it's probably going to take some getting used to. For those of you that owned vehicles with little insulation, I think you'll be impressed with the low amount of road noise. I have not had a chance to drive her in rain yet but I want to see what heavy raindrops are like on the MIC top and see if anything changes with the feel of the tires. On dry pavement, it handles nicely in turns with the short wheelbase but has a smooth ride at 50-60 mph. It's still body-on-frame so it's going to let you feel the road a little bit. I need a little more wheel time to get familiar with her but it'll be hard not to smile when you are cruising on a backroad to get to a trail.

The Territory MTs feel pretty sure of themselves during on-road driving in both wet and dry conditions. I have not mashed the throttle down beyond 3k rpm but, even so, going into corners does not feel sketchy. The short wheelbase makes it handle a little sharper than I anticipated which is great and the ride quality at cruising speed does not seem to be lacking due to the short wheelbase but I have spent all of my time in the front seat so I'll report back on the back seat feel on my upcoming road trip in August.

Exterior
The MIC top is darker than I thought it would be based on the pictures we've seen, it looks really good with the Carbonized grey and I think that perhaps the darker paint job makes the MIC look darker? I have nothing to prove my theory because I only saw soft tops at the Bronco events.

The Sasquatch badge is added with the SAS package, you do not need the HD Bumper.

There is no blind-spot monitoring on the base but it has the integrated blind spot mirrors, which I like a lot more because I have trust issues with technology.

I obviously didn't get the roof rails and I'm not sure I'm going to add them, I'm sure there are going to be some good aftermarket options coming by the end of this year. I am considering the external metal frame from @4 Wheel Parts Parts if they launch that for the 2 doors w/factory hardtop.

For those inquiring about tint, I'm going to investigate costs between ceramic versus regular and get back to you all. I may not even add tint but we'll see. I'm in Cleveland so we have about 4.7 days of sun per year. My appointment for tint is this Thursday (7/22/21) and I will include some after pictures here once the job is done.

Interior
My initial impression of the cloth seats is that they are good quality fabric, the seats are supportive but soft. Not soft like you sink into them but the comfort level on a 50-minute cruise was great! They are far superior to the cloth seats in my Tiguan, I'm very pleased. The lumbar support is only on the driver's seat which is nice to have for sure. I think it would have been cool to throw the manual lumbar on the passenger side, just thinking that if you take this out on the trail, you usually don't go alone but not a deal-breaker since the seat comfort is good for the entry-level trim. The leg and hip room in the second row is great (remember I'm 5' 9") and those seats are just as comfortable as the front seats. Also getting into the second row from the front is best on the passenger side, I think that seat slides a little further forward just because the steering wheel is out of the way. The steering wheel has tilt and telescope so you can get it in just the right position based on the seat placement.

The visibility is good all the way around but the second-row headrests do cut into your view out the rear window a little bit so I dropped them down which is perfect for me. The space behind the second row is much larger than I expected, there is plenty of space back there to do what you need to do on the daily. The seat folding is intuitive and easy if you need additional space. I would imagine that @goosegear is going to drop a sweet rear seat delete kit at some point.

Infotainment
The 8" screen is all I need, it's big enough and I don't like to mess around with a lot while I'm driving. It looks proper in the dash compared to what surrounds it so I feel like it looks complete. For those of you that can afford the jumbotron, go big or go home! Sync 4 is smooth and I'm still getting used to where everything is at but it's very intuitive, the menus are simple and easy to navigate so you won't spend a lot of time getting all your settings locked in.

The dash is very cool, there are a ton of configurations that you can do there which is nice. I have to spend more time working on that before I give a more detailed review on that but it's also intuitive and easy to move through with the steering wheel controls.

The sound system - it's exactly what I was looking for but I will warn others if you're into big sound while driving, THIS IS NOT THE SYSTEM YOU WANT. I just like to have some background music on while I drive so this is perfect for me. It's 6 speakers and gets the job done. Mids and highs are decent enough but the low frequency is not there. If you're looking for more, plan on upgrading or if you have time to change your order, get the B&O. I liked the B&O when I tested it out in the first edition at an event but I knew it went beyond my desires and needs so I stuck with the standard system.

I found someone in a Facebook group I am in post up some information about how he upgraded the entry-level sound system that includes video, part numbers to the speakers, light mods needing to be done to the front kick panel speaker brackets, etc

()

I hope this is helpful for those that are looking to get a little more out of their base in terms of sound quality.

FordPass
Short story here, I don't have the points yet but working with my sales guy on that. Also, I'm having trouble getting the Bronco activated in the app which I know is 100% user error here. Once I figure out how to not be stupid, I will add my take on the FordPass features.

So I did receive my initial 42k points for taking delivery but I believe I'm missing on the 20k points and based on the emails and intel going around, I am not sure if I should be waiting on more points or not.

I will get to adding more pictures this weekend and I'm happy to answer any other specific questions you all have in the meantime. I feel that it is my duty to dispense information while others wait for their Bronco. I'm not going anywhere and I hope to find you guys and gals on the trails, don't be strangers!

Dealer Photos

BUT WAIT THEREā€™S MORE

My buddy Razor will be spending a lot of time in the passenger seat.

Didnā€™t see this feature in the brochure but yes you can secure your ridgeback to the front tow hooks!

No bottle opener on the 2 door, just beer

We baby we this thing and itā€™s easy. Snap-N-Go stroller fits perfectly in the back.

I canā€™t remember how many liters this is but itā€™s an 82 can igloo. It fits nicely, you could go slightly bigger with no issues.

Iā€™m not tryinā€™ to brag but the cup holders in the second row are sooooo nice!

The glove compartment is decently sized

So is the center console. Itā€™s pretty deep.

Front USB power, the area for the phone is pretty big so any phone would fit easily. Even if they keep making them larger.

Rear power off the back of the center console.

Some armor on the tank but not much else besides the front skid which is very thick.

My garage was built in 1930 itā€™s very tight. The opening is 84ā€ tall and 96ā€ wide. I donā€™t need to fold mirrors in with a few inches on each side.

Power in the rear and a convenient cubby for storing small things you donā€™t want rolling around the tailgate area.

The storage area under the floor is small but good enough to hide some things. I just keep straps and a couple spare towels for the dogs down here.

An up-close of the light controls which default to auto the next time you start the vehicle even if you manually turn them off. The dash light dimmer is just to the right which controls all dash lights (screens, buttons, and knobs). The parking brake is electronic and very quiet.

A couple of additional underbelly shots. The armor you see in the back of these pictures is on the tank. As someone suggested, buying the OEM armor where it is missing for install on the BaseSquatch would be a great way to keep your drivetrain and case safe.

BAJA DESIGNS S2 PRO DRIVING/COMBO LIGHTS INSTALLED 7/21/2021
The BD Lights were delivered, I have them mounted to the location I want but not wired up just yet. See below for part numbers and some preliminary install shots before completing the wiring.

Because this isn't an official kit offered by Baja Designs and I pieced this together, I would recommend using a lock washer to install the metal mounting bracket with the OEM screw for your desired mounting location. It didn't seem like the screw would vibrate out but using a lock washer will give you the extra security and if you throw a little Loctite on there, you'll be in good shape.

There is a perfect opening to tuck the wiring under the cowl without having to notch anything out or drill a secondary hole.

I chose the outside location because it's further from the hood and I'm going to keep running the antenna so this just seemed logical to me.

Here is a quick shot of what the headlights look like pulling into the back part of my driveway. The headlights themselves are pretty strong.

This is with the headlights on low beams and the S2s on. You can see in the bottom left corner there is a bit of hood glare but it's not enough to change the orientation or use a space to raise them, it's minimal. The domed part of the hood also protects the glare from creeping towards the center of the hood which is nice. These lights are small but they are really powerful!

HOOD STRUTS INSTALLED 7/31/2021
Spent about 20 minutes getting the @Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Plus hood struts installed this evening. It would have taken 10 but I fumbled a bolt so I had to peel back part of the fender liner. The instructions that are provided with the struts are very clear and have good images to help you out.

Installing these ball studs is pretty simple, it slips into the second opening from the hinge and you just pull back and turn it clockwise to tighten it. Then finish it off with a 13mm deep well socket or an open end 13mm wrench.

Attaching the ball stud bracket near where the hinge meets the cowl is where I lost the bolt you need to remove and then re-install to mount the needed bracket for the strut. Once itā€™s re-installed itā€™s rock solid.

Here is a detail shot of where the bracket for the rod end mounts to the vehicle. This is a tricky spot to work in. You could remove the front fender body panel and it would be much easier but it would take a lot longer to complete.

Once installed it opens the hood much wider than the prop rod which is really nice. You could complete the install by yourself but it would be nice to have a helper on stand-by just in case.

You can see in the video below how well it operates. I may need to adjust my hood latch because it takes some force in order to get it closed. I cannot push mine shut from the initial release position that I opened it from. To clarify, I had this issue before the hood struts were installed. This was not a result of the installation. These hood struts give a nice premium feel to the rig.

WINDOW TINT COMPLETED 8/2/2021
Just got home from the tint shop and boy am I happy! Did the 3M ceramic IR crystalline film, 15% on the clamshell and 35% on the front windows. Visibility is very marginally changed, if at all. I can tell there is a drastic reduction in temperature inside the vehicle after sitting in the sun for several hours.

I liked the no tint look for sure but this keeps the car more comfortable and gives us a little privacy.

From the right angles, I think the varying percentages blend pretty nicely. The pictures donā€™t really do it justice. It has a 3-5 day cure period where the windows cannot be rolled down. The minor lowering of the window upon opening the door will not impact the installation. The edges of the film are filed down so that a factory look is achieved.
Dang, wondered what those hook loop thingies were on the front, now I know. Doggies!

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I added the @Baja Designs triple fog light kit and itā€™s outstanding. Adding a day picture here for now and will pop some more in later.

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 539CCF4F-A82D-4CEC-8910-A8673F1699CD

The install was actually very easy and the instructions are very clear. As a reminder, I have the auxiliary switches so wiring was a breeze.

Next up : Canvas Bimini is now available so Iā€™m calling the dealer on Monday to get that ordered.

Also, waiting on the Hobbs Offroad Brush Guard and Roof rack
Sponsored