Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well that was about 4 hours ill never get back. 😔

Looking back on it, not as bad as I expected. And not really a straight 4 hours. Learned that a green/white wire is different than a white/green wire. But tow hitch installed and lights were tested.
Even was able to install the 4 new speakers as well. Takes more time pulling panels off interior than doing the work.
You gonna hang your nuts from it ? Or has Ford done that for you.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I posted in the FORScan and Fog light thread, but wanted to share here...some great tips helped me get my BD fogs programmed through the switch I replaced on the Badlands so I did not take up an upfitter for it, and I was also able to kill that annoying 'double-honk' that almost gave me a heart attack this morning when I got out of the Bronco at a Wawa to run in for coffee while I left it running with my wife and son inside (and the fob in my pocket). Man that was loud, but not any more ;)
Can you link us to that thread? I'm a forscan newbie here

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you link us to that thread? I'm a forscan newbie here
Here is the link to the thread 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

And here is the post that saved my butt for that stupid horn double honk

Courtesy of @D2dhanover, here is the key to the line you need to change. As shown, make the last digit in that second set of numbers be "0" (off) instead of "1" (enabled). Only change that digit - leave all the "x's" the same as what they were. You will get an error, but the check-sum will resolve itself. But, if you are new to this like I was, read the FORScan thread, follow the links to the videos, and be sure to READ CAREFULLY and follow the instructions to the letter...

Double Horn Honk disableBCM726-63-02xxx0xxxxxx--disables double honk when exiting running vehicle

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is the link to the thread 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

And here is the post that saved my butt for that stupid horn double honk

Courtesy of @D2dhanover, here is the key to the line you need to change. As shown, make the last digit in that second set of numbers be "0" (off) instead of "1" (enabled). Only change that digit - leave all the "x's" the same as what they were. You will get an error, but the check-sum will resolve itself. But, if you are new to this like I was, read the FORScan thread, follow the links to the videos, and be sure to READ CAREFULLY and follow the instructions to the letter...

Double Horn Honk disableBCM726-63-02xxx0xxxxxx--disables double honk when exiting running vehicle
Is it really that obnoxious? My Tahoe does that and I don't find it to be that annoying... I also barely ever leave the car running when I'm not in it. I think it also does it when the car isn't running. Which has saved me a few times from leaving the keys in the car by accident.

Does the bronco Auto lock?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it really that obnoxious? My Tahoe does that and I don't find it to be that annoying... I also barely ever leave the car running when I'm not in it. I think it also does it when the car isn't running. Which has saved me a few times from leaving the keys in the car by accident.

Does the bronco Auto lock?
It's annoying enough that many ppl made threads about it

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's annoying enough that many ppl made threads about it
True... However, I've come to learn, from this forum, that many Americans are overly sensitive... And love to complain.

So, like, is it really that annoying? Or are people just doing their normal I hate everything routine, Ford sucks, blah blah blah.

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True... However, I've come to learn, from this forum, that many Americans are overly sensitive... And love to complain.

So, like, is it really that annoying? Or are people just doing their normal I hate everything routine, Ford sucks, blah blah blah.
You missed "I don't like it - I want to change it - oh wait I easily can't? Jesus Suffering Christ Ford are a bunch of idiots to enforce their 'safety measures' on me..."

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Can’t lock your keys in the car. Won’t lock. At least mine won’t. It is very loud and I prefer to not have it happen when I get out to get the mail pulling in my drive late at night and walking the neighbors. Not telling anyone else they have to do it

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can’t lock your keys in the car. Won’t lock. At least mine won’t. It is very loud and I prefer to not have it happen when I get out to get the mail pulling in my drive late at night and walking the neighbors. Not telling anyone else they have to do it
Oh I wasn't lumping you into that group I mentioned above. I'm just wondering how loud is it really.

In the end it's all subjective I guess is what I was getting at. What's loud to you in your environment might be normal to me in my environment.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mentioned this in the other thread as well .......

I have fob when I start car. I then put fob in tray in front of center console. Get in, get out, do whatever. When I turn the car off, I grab fob form console and get what I want out of car and then use fob to lock doors. Problem solved. No honk when running and have fob when leaving car for extended time, i.e. being locked.

This is what happens when electronics control everything. you are at the mercy of the person programming it. Unless you take the time and effort required to re-program it to the way you like it. I personally would rather be wheeling it than trying to program it. So I will just use the above method and I should be good.

😁

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mentioned this in the other thread as well .......

I have fob when I start car. I then put fob in tray in front of center console. Get in, get out, do whatever. When I turn the car off, I grab fob form console and get what I want out of car and then use fob to lock doors. Problem solved. No honk when running and have fob when leaving car for extended time, i.e. being locked.

This is what happens when electronics control everything. you are at the mercy of the person programming it. Unless you take the time and effort required to re-program it to the way you like it. I personally would rather be wheeling it than trying to program it. So I will just use the above method and I should be good.

😁
Programming took an extra 20 min after I did my fog lights, and only because I had to search for the post with the data

you do you, enjoy. I’ll set mine up how I like.

EDIT: I need to edit this. A flaw in your plan just occurred to me - if you happen to have a MIC top, and if you leave your fob in it, then make sure you are not parked near @AngryAgain - he might take the opportunity to 'upgrade' you to a soft top while you are out of the Bronco! 😁

Last edited:

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I wasn't lumping you into that group I mentioned above. I'm just wondering how loud is it really.

In the end it's all subjective I guess is what I was getting at. What's loud to you in your environment might be normal to me in my environment.
Thanks! It was actually pretty loud - it didn’t help that I was right beside the front wheel when it went off, but that must be the geo-fence range that triggers it. I get that there really are no other indicators they can use to tell someone who is out of the vehicle that it is still running, so the horn it is.

I actually could have used this years ago - I had a Toyota Highlander hybrid that was dead silent in electric mode. Didn’t realize it was actually still “on” when I git out at the golf club. Came back 4+ hours later and thankfully had not cycled itself through all its gas. 😂 (You can’t much miss that the Bronco is running. )

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm curious, have you guys noticed a delay when driving in reverse and then shifting to drive? At 1st I thought it was a one off. But now seems to be every time I back up and then go to drive 🤷‍♂️

Oh and today I had the whistle coming from the grill. I guess @Ford Motor Company still hasn't fixed that yet? 🤬
Nope. 😉

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm curious, have you guys noticed a delay when driving in reverse and then shifting to drive? At 1st I thought it was a one off. But now seems to be every time I back up and then go to drive 🤷‍♂️

Oh and today I had the whistle coming from the grill. I guess @Ford Motor Company still hasn't fixed that yet? 🤬
Turbo lag, maybe? I experience it in my Explorer when shifting into 1st from reverse but it doesn't seem as noticeable as when I first got it.