Sponsored

Dent in hood when purchased. Is this a common spot?

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my new Bronco on October 29th and completely missed this giant dent on the hood. It looks obvious in this pic, but I could show you dozens of angles where it completely disappears.

Anyways, does anyone else have a dent like this? I doubt it is any issue with the Ford tooling.

Does anyone have advice on how to take it out? I've reached out to the dealer but haven't heard back yet.

Ford Bronco Dent in hood when purchased.  Is this a common spot? IMG_0448

Update 1: The dealership is fixing it today. They gave me their mannequin as a loaner. An Area 51 Big Bend Sasquatch that rattles like a MFer. From what I can tell, the rattle is coming from the tailgate fold down table. I'll post pics when their PDR guy is done.
Sponsored

Last edited:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OOf. I can completely understand how things get missed. Excitement, Sun, shadows...

as the dealer that's a tough one to swallow. Hopefully they come through

WildernessMan

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen others on here post damage during shipment from factory to dealership. I feel for you, that’s a pretty noticeable dent, hopefully a body shop can pull it out without a new paint job too.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might be able to get that out yourself with a suction cup or some tape. Check out YouTube dent-removal and I bet you can sort yourself out.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, a suction cup on the outside or open the hood and hit it back out from underneath. Should just pop right back to new.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems to me that the dealer should order you a new hood, and install it when it arrives, at no cost to you.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Before doing anything yourself, I'd have the dealer look at it first. He may have an auto body shop to send it to for professional dent repair or his own auto body shop may be able to do something. You did not create the dent - so let the dealer take the risk of fixing it - not you.

Last edited:

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s a really easy dent to fix. Even if the dealer doesn’t take care of you, you can fix it your self or have a body shop pop it out. It could be worse for sure.

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up my new Bronco on October 29th and completely missed this giant dent on the hood. It looks obvious in this pic, but I could show you dozens of angles where it completely disappears.

Anyways, does anyone else have a dent like this? I doubt it is any issue with the Ford tooling.

Does anyone have advice on how to take it out? I've reached out to the dealer but haven't heard back yet.

Oddly enough I have a very minor pressure dent in that same spot. Much smaller than yours and truly almost unnoticeable. In the sunlight the mirror finish distorts in that area (when viewing from an angle).

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Shipped 11/8

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a baseball hit it. Is there a kid named Dennis Deminis in your neighborhood?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The dealer probably has a pointless dent removal person they go to. I would ask to have that done.