Sponsored

Dent in hood when purchased. Is this a common spot?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That'll buff right out.
:cool:
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just hope
I picked up my new Bronco on October 29th and completely missed this giant dent on the hood. It looks obvious in this pic, but I could show you dozens of angles where it completely disappears.

Anyways, does anyone else have a dent like this? I doubt it is any issue with the Ford tooling.

Does anyone have advice on how to take it out? I've reached out to the dealer but haven't heard back yet.

IMG_0448.jpg
the dealer helps you out since you didn’t notice or document it during delivery is it possible it happened after delivery maybe a scorned lover or a jealous person

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That fleck comes alive in the sun.

Betting the dent is from someone closing the hood.
Never heard of a dent in a hood just from closing it I would like to think the bronco was made a little better than that

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Never heard of a dent in a hood just from closing it I would like to think the bronco was made a little better than that
The hood can be hard to get fully closed. I read somewhere, because it is aluminum it is susceptible to denting if shove down when trying to do so, and it is recommended to drop it closed instead. I cannot recall where I read that, but I did because it made me think twice about the gas strut kit.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't try it on my own as I think the hood is aluminum. Steel has a "memory" and will pop back pretty easy but not the case with aluminum.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ATX_Bronco

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

......is it possible it happened after delivery maybe a scorned lover or a jealous person
After looking at old pics I can see that it was there when I bought it. I was overjoyed with the Bronco and clearly didn't notice the little details.

I wish it had been a scorned lover, that at least would have been a good story.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After looking at old pics I can see that it was there when I bought it. I was overjoyed with the Bronco and clearly didn't notice the little details.

I wish it had been a scorned lover, that at least would have been a good story.
I’m sure your dealer will take care of you if not show them the picture from delivery day should be time stamped

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If dealer won’t take care of this contact a pointless dent removal company. They can pop it out easily, and they don’t cost a lot.

md540i

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE , 18 Expedition Max Ltd
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My FE came in with a dent in the hood that the dealer said was from transit. Unfortunately, they didn't let me see it or take any pictures before it went to the body shop, so I dont have any idea where it was or what it looked like. I've asked a few times for them to contact the body shop to get info from them but so far haven't learned anything new.

The damage in my case was too severe for PDR so the body shop repainted the entire hood. FYI you don't want them to replace the hood, assuming they could source one in the first place, because the VIN sticker won't be on the new hood ( this is what my dealer said at least) So they repainted the hood, waited 8 days for the FE hood stickers and I went to look at this this weekend, guess what, there are little specs of dust in the new paint exactly where your dent is. Its going back to the body shop to be repainted a second time, and then wait for new stickers etc.

So now I wonder if this is something structural, or is it a mere coincidence? Again, assuming that since the crap in the paint is in the same spot as your dent, that my dent was in the same spot.

Yours looks like a good candidate for PDR to me, but I'm not professional.

Good luck! Please post the final outcome.

Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Obviously a scorned lover would have done lots worse damage.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The hood can be hard to get fully closed. I read somewhere, because it is aluminum it is susceptible to denting if shove down when trying to do so, and it is recommended to drop it closed instead. I cannot recall where I read that, but I did because it made me think twice about the gas strut kit.
Yes, it (hood outer) and the hood inner are both bonded together by a mastic typically, but on aluminum components, a special mastic which is more like glue is used, and is heat treated to cure. This, plus rivets are how Ford bonds almost all of their aluminum vehicles components together, a technique developed by Jaguar. Spot welds are rarely used. If you look at the swing gate when it's open, you can see little perfect circles here and there on the inner panel. Those are rivets.

I wouldn't even think of "free supporting" this hood by the hinges with after market devices, such as pneumatic/oil struts or spring hinges. The hood assembly was not designed for it, and therefore will deform over time at the rear corners. Prop rod will ALWAYS be used on my truck.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would try to find a good PDR guy and have the dealer cover the cost.
Sponsored