Sponsored

Local test drive starts with dealer saying I should’ve paid $1000 for my order?

Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4/ 2013 Mustang GT/ 2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Local test drive starts with dealer saying I should’ve paid $1000 for my order? 7FA80FA4-F9E4-4890-94DD-B2CA4ED8AC83

Went to test drive this mannequin today. I told the dealer that I had an order with SAC. He asked if I paid the $1000 dollars to order it, I said no, just the $100 to reserve. He said I should’ve paid 1k as that is what Ford requires. Had to show him my email saying it’s ordered.

Im not sure if he was full of it, or just didn’t know. He didn’t know what a base model was either so there’s that🤷🏻‍♂️
Anyway, it had the 2.3 and like others have said, my worry about the 4 cylinder is gone as that thing had plenty of power for me.
Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is apparently trying to get dealers to charge a deposit. However, it doesn't seem mandatory. I too ordered with SAC and did not pay the $1,000.

However, when I initially got the email from Ford saying it was time to change my reservation into an order, I got online and started the process out of curiosity. It definitely wanted me to pay $1,000 deposit, on top of the $100 already paid for the reservation fee (and it didn't show the $1250 under invoice pricing offered by Stephens either) so I stopped and didn't finish the order process online. I just waited for John to contact me and ordered through him.

FWIW, I think me going partially through the ordering process online caused a glitch, and when John went to start the order process, he had to get Ford to fix it so I could order through the dealer.

Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mostly put off by the picture. Why are dealers modifying these mannequins?! Aren't they supposed to be so we can see what the Bronco is without a bunch of parts slapped on? Sure, upgrading looks cool, but it looks cool to start and I'm sure it drives different with those wheels and tires.

OP
OP

Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mostly put off by the picture. Why are dealers modifying these mannequins?! Aren't they supposed to be so we can see what the Bronco is without a bunch of parts slapped on? Sure, upgrading looks cool, but it looks cool to start and I'm sure it drives different with those wheels and tires.
Yeah, I asked why the put a lift, wheels and tires on it. He said they didn’t and that Ford sent it that way

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I asked why the put a lift, wheels and tires on it. He said they didn’t and that Ford sent it that way
Wow, that's a pretty bad "My dealer said..."

It looks like that's not even a Ford bumper

whatyhow

First Edition
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yugo
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Local test drive starts with dealer saying I should’ve paid $1000 for my order? 7FA80FA4-F9E4-4890-94DD-B2CA4ED8AC83

Went to test drive this mannequin today. I told the dealer that I had an order with SAC. He asked if I paid the $1000 dollars to order it, I said no, just the $100 to reserve. He said I should’ve paid 1k as that is what Ford requires. Had to show him my email saying it’s ordered.

Im not sure if he was full of it, or just didn’t know. He didn’t know what a base model was either so there’s that🤷🏻‍♂️
Anyway, it had the 2.3 and like others have said, my worry about the 4 cylinder is gone as that thing had plenty of power for me.
They're putting in my order for my first edition I switch dealers. When I did, the $100 deposit was refunded to me. My new dealer did not require a deposit. I took delivery of my first edition with no problem and literally had zero dollars deposited.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're putting in my order for my first edition I switch dealers. When I did, the $100 deposit was refunded to me. My new dealer did not require a deposit. I took delivery of my first edition with no problem and literally had zero dollars deposited.
Not a FE but had the same scenario. However, dont have my Bronco yet.

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

My dealer tried to get me to pay that. But I just ignored it. They ordered it anyway. Should be built today. Hopefully. Lol.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like we may have a winner for most clueless/dumbest dealer and there has been plenty of competition.

I’ll even throw in the fact that they let you drive their mannequin when you have an order with another dealer.

OP
OP

Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like we may have a winner for most clueless/dumbest dealer and there has been plenty of competition.

I’ll even throw in the fact that they let you drive their mannequin when you have an order with another dealer.
Yeah, I wasn’t gonna push the issue since I hadn’t ordered through them. Last place went wouldn’t let me drive theirs