Sponsored

Ok, Who Are The MN Future Bronco Owners!?

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ugh! Arrived Daytons Bluff on Tuesday. Still not at the dealer. 40 miles away and they’re saying not until probably next week!!!

JPOPS5

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basemansquatch / A7 / XC60 / Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ugh! Arrived Daytons Bluff on Tuesday. Still not at the dealer. 40 miles away and they’re saying not until probably next week!!!
Wow. That’s got to be tough…Soon tho! Who knows how long for me. I did get the “Early 22” email, but I think that means nothing.

crakerjac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp, I think I've decided to jump on the bandwagon. I'm going to try and place my order for a '23 model here at the end of summer... hopefully some of the craziness of ordering has settled and Ford has worked out the kinks (supply chain issues).

I was leaning towards ordering from Morries as I felt I got a 'fair' deal on last few purchases. Lifetime car washes is a nice perk... but Sounds like they are selling at MSRP. Sounds like Granger is under, but I read through this whole thread and have not seen anyone check back to see if the were over promising/under delivering.

Anyways, I saw my first Bronco the other day on my way home from work... pulling out of my neighbors driveway. I tried to ask him about it and he said "That was my oldest (kid)... I think it was a rental"... 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welp, I think I've decided to jump on the bandwagon. I'm going to try and place my order for a '23 model here at the end of summer... hopefully some of the craziness of ordering has settled and Ford has worked out the kinks (supply chain issues).

I was leaning towards ordering from Morries as I felt I got a 'fair' deal on last few purchases. Lifetime car washes is a nice perk... but Sounds like they are selling at MSRP. Sounds like Granger is under, but I read through this whole thread and have not seen anyone check back to see if the were over promising/under delivering.

Anyways, I saw my first Bronco the other day on my way home from work... pulling out of my neighbors driveway. I tried to ask him about it and he said "That was my oldest (kid)... I think it was a rental"... 🤦‍♂️
Got mine from Morries, highly recommend Max. Sold at MSRP plus I got 1K towards accessories. I reserved Oct 2020 and ordered/converted it on March 4 2021. I'm sure the process will have changed and improved by now but YMMV. I like saving money but it seems silly to me to go to another state to get a vehicle, but to each their own. Plus shop local!

crakerjac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got mine from Morries, highly recommend Max. Sold at MSRP plus I got 1K towards accessories. I reserved Oct 2020 and ordered/converted it on March 4 2021. I'm sure the process will have changed and improved by now but YMMV. I like saving money but it seems silly to me to go to another state to get a vehicle, but to each their own. Plus shop local!
That's kind of my thought. I could save $700 and drive to Iowa, but then am I paying taxes in Iowa and MN? But I'd take $1k in accessories and not have to lug 3 young kids and a crabby wife 8 hours round trip to pick up a car.

Now I just need to find someone in the SW metro with a 7sp manual to befriend...

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's kind of my thought. I could save $700 and drive to Iowa, but then am I paying taxes in Iowa and MN? But I'd take $1k in accessories and not have to lug 3 young kids and a crabby wife 8 hours round trip to pick up a car.

Now I just need to find someone in the SW metro with a 7sp manual to befriend...
Unsure of the tax question....also what does MN require when bought in another state and brought back? Lots to figure out :)

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you figure just $700 savings compared to a dealership offering MSRP?
YMMV, but I'm saving nearly $2,500 by driving to Iowa. MSRP on my vehicle came out to $42,180 and Grangers $1,000 below invoice comes out to $39,740.
Also, I'm no tax expert but I don't think you pay taxes in both states for the same purchase...

EDIT: I'm sure Granger is no newbie to selling vehicles going across the boarder, they can probably help you figure out the tax situation if you are concerned.

crakerjac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you figure just $700 savings compared to a dealership offering MSRP?
I had read some pages back that Granger was ~$700 less than some other TC dealer. I figure 6 months had passed between that post and mine, so not likely a relevant number anymore. A lot more will likely change in the next 6 months.... If I'm saving $2500, I'll find some way to sell a vacation to the wife to Granger IA... maybe to see the infamous Beaver Creek just outside of town...

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had read some pages back that Granger was ~$700 less than some other TC dealer. I figure 6 months had passed between that post and mine, so not likely a relevant number anymore. A lot more will likely change in the next 6 months.... If I'm saving $2500, I'll find some way to sell a vacation to the wife to Granger IA... maybe to see the infamous Beaver Creek just outside of town...
I'll gladly drive the 8 hour round trip to save that kind of money. Heck, I could even stay the night and make the drive back to MN a nice long scenic drive on back roads for break-in and avoid driving the same speed on the highway the whole way back.

Still not sure what I'm going to do with my current vehicle. If I trade it in, I'll drive down and come back in the Bronco. If I end up selling it to Carmax (online estimate is better than the trade in value offered by Granger), I could buy a plane ticket to Iowa and still be coming out $2,000+ ahead.

Anyone local want to buy a white 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport? ;)

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered mine from Morries Buffalo. Has gone well so far. Mine is still sitting in St Paul waiting for transport. Been no mention of ADM and just paying MSRP. I will ask about $1k for accessories.

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered mine from Morries Buffalo. Has gone well so far. Mine is still sitting in St Paul waiting for transport. Been no mention of ADM and just paying MSRP. I will ask about $1k for accessories.
I just kept checking the rail tracking site twice daily once it showed Cottage Grove on the left side. Eventually the destination said Minnetonka or Morrie's, can't recall. At that point I called and it was there. So if the destination is populated on the rail tracking site that means that it was delivered, signed for and entered into the system as such. Also all accessories I added via that 1K were all ordered and not in stock. Still waiting, only been 4 days :) Also make sure you nag about the Ford Pass points. May not populate until the sales manager does something. Good luck!

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just kept checking the rail tracking site twice daily once it showed Cottage Grove on the left side. Eventually the destination said Minnetonka or Morrie's, can't recall. At that point I called and it was there. So if the destination is populated on the rail tracking site that means that it was delivered, signed for and entered into the system as such. Also all accessories I added via that 1K were all ordered and not in stock. Still waiting, only been 4 days :) Also make sure you nag about the Ford Pass points. May not populate until the sales manager does something. Good luck!
I was tracking mine via CSX phone system. Didn’t know there was a rail website. Can you share? Last update was railcar was empty 11/3 at 3:20pm at Dayton’s Bluff MN.

Last edited:

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was tracking mine via CSX phone system. Didn’t know there was a rail website. Can you share? Last update was railcar was empty 11/3 at 3:20pm at Dayton’s Bluff MN.
I pulled from bronco6g.com on the building and tracking section FYI https://www.jrailpass.com/
Also I didn't expect to get any info from that website as I also thought that calling was the only option. So I suppose YMMV, not sure.
Sponsored

Last edited: