Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the final drive that only comes with the sasquatch or I believe the 7 speed?
Final drive is the same on the Badlands with manual transmission as with the Sasquatch package at all other trim levels.
Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

[QUOTE="Spartan, post: 95095, member:

I think Ford should be offer the 33" LT285/70R17 All-Terrain tires and clearance (if it's different then other models) as a upgrade package.
[/QUOTE]
Yes Please.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
[QUOTE="Spartan, post: 95095, member:

I think Ford should be offer the 33" LT285/70R17 All-Terrain tires and clearance (if it's different then other models) as a upgrade package.
Yes Please.
[/QUOTE]
at least add it to the Wildtrak

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love a big tire but as someone who plans on using their bronco as a DD Iā€™m wondering if 35s would be overkill...
I keep debating the base with the squatch or just upgrading to the Black Diamond without the Sasquatch...

what are the thoughts out there with the squatch package? I wonā€™t be doing much rock climbing, just off road, fire road stuff, Iā€™m a mountain biker and love the idea of the marine grade rubber floor stuff...
My son has 35s on his Jeep and he likes them. They might be a little noisy on the road. Not sure if they will impact the speedometer or not since they are designing the vehicles with the bigger tires. I got bigger tires on my F150 and it's off by a few mph now.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When a Wolverine and a Buckeye come up with the same .6ā€, then you have a circumstance so unnatural it must be true!
Good on math and explanation. I offer the following only as additional thought starters on specing out a Bronco. I currently have reserved a 4 door Wildtrak (wanted 6 cyl and hardtop plus liked the words "high speed") in Ford verbiage as Route 15 in Utah is posted at 80 mph where I travel quite a bit. But now thinking to change to OB and optioning up.

I currently own a 2 door JK Sport. I have a GOBI rack on it and hacked low profile Pelican gun cases to carry gear on it on those long trips from SoCal to No. Utah to camp, fish, hike. No rock crawling. I didn't want the Jeep jacked up too high due to looks, increased expense due to suspension geometry changes, but I wanted a better set up and look than the stock 16" 255 tires. I installed a Tera-Flex spring level kit and Tera Flex Falcon shocks. Then Pro-Comp 17"wheels and 285x17x20 KO2. The look is great. Ground clearance increased maybe 1". Drivability for most part same as OEM. (you must add caster to compensate for lifts)

So with Bronco I bench marked against Defender 110 4 door (no more roof racks for me as they are noisy as heck and if my gear doesn't fit inside it isn't going any longer). I like the clean lines, size and power of the Defender but not the reliability question, air shocks and price plus wanting to buy American cemented Bronco purchase. But the clean lines of the Defender are attractive to me just the same and has all the off road capability I need.

Reason for now looking to OB is for cleaner lines than WT as the 315's and larger fender flares maybe a little much for my needs. So I think I will may add components to the drive system of OB to mimic the Wildtrak and if needed will buy 17" wheels and maybe 285's later. The 285's with the smaller flares could look great.

Anyway, as a two door satisfied Jeep (mostly mall crawler) owner the most expensive mistake one can make in a Bronco order is not getting the engine you want and getting the number of doors you need. All else you will be able to change and perhaps enjoy making the changes and doing the tech work as much as I have enjoyed it with the Jeep.

Sponsored

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can someone tell me about the final drive? Total noob here and I thought in order to put bigger tires on the truck you'd need the 4.7 final drive. So if I go with the badlands stock and decide I want to lift and add bigger tires down the road will I have to mess with the transmission anyways? Would it just be dumb to get the sasquach package and a set of 33s to use the majority of the time and when it comes time to go overlanding and such to switch to the 35s?
If you go to Youtube and research out Jeepers who have lifted their vehicles you'll get a good explanation. Also Jeep forums good for this type info.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My son has 35s on his Jeep and he likes them. They might be a little noisy on the road. Not sure if they will impact the speedometer or not since they are designing the vehicles with the bigger tires. I got bigger tires on my F150 and it's off by a few mph now.
You can fix that on the newer fords with forscan...I run 35" MT tires.
Depending on the year of your son's jeep, it too can be adjusted either by a speedo gear swap if the older TJ models for example or by using a device that plugs into the obd2 port on the newer jeeps.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on the year of your son's jeep, it too can be adjusted either by a speedo gear swap if the older TJ models for example or by using a device that plugs into the obd2 port on the newer jeeps.
I don't know if it changed the Jeep's mph, but it did for my F150. I didn't know about the forscan fix for that.

D-TownBorn

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think the fact that Bronco has Sync 4 will be an issue here? Or at least for a few months until forscan updates?

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if it changed the Jeep's mph, but it did for my F150. I didn't know about the forscan fix for that.
You should seriously look into getting the speedo/gearing adjusted on that F-150. If you skipped that, you may not have modded the suspension either. What else did you to before installing the tires? Does it ever go off road?

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It takes a lot of material to allow tapping for bolts - a lot of material on the outside only. If you look at race vehicles they have a full circle of bolts, not just pairs at the spokes like Bronco and current Raptor. Most also have two bead channels on outside (I have never seen Ford rim without tire)- lots of material on one side. Check out Ford Performance for price of bead lock rings for the old Raptors that actually had the full pattern of bolts ($200 each on close-out sale). Proper bead lock wheels have no SAE or DOT approvals, no one who is going to use bead lock wheels would bother jumping through Ford Corporate hoops, they will just get race wheels. If you get in a lawer-involved acident on road with Ford wheels upgraded to true bead lock (think hours in a machine shop) you will still be way behind the eight ball.
Steel doesn't need to be as thick, and can be beaten back in shape with a hammer on the trail (heat helps, but banging on it heats it up). Steel is just a contrary look for me, but the weight is very even - I think NASCAR still uses steel.
One reason I might stick with the steel wheels. I've had to beat a wheel back into shape with a hammer to make it out. Can't do that with alloy.

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B&P canā€™t come soon enough. I want the base mt with lockers and front axle and the 2 inch lift. That might price out to more than squatch. Who knows.

I do know, as bad as I want the manual, since ford already expresses a low level of confidence in the trans, Iā€™m thinkin maybe I should avoid it anyway.
Hello, can you comment further on Ford expressing a low level of confidence in the manual? I ask because I am a manual or bust person and just want to hear all I can about it.
Sponsored