First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I commend your attention to detail. Going above and beyond to make sure you measured the size of the most common driveway gravels in the United States and found the average to ensure that these tires would pick up as much gravel as possible for as many people as possible is really just awe-inspiring.

I have to imagine it was tough when your bosses came down and told you that these tires need to be designed to sell as many splash guards as possible and that the tires were a key component of this plan since they were going to be charging almost $500 for the splash guards.

I bet you felt really good when you were able to go to your boss's and Tell them that you found a way to upsell vinyl protectors and paint touch-ups with the perfect design to throw rocks into the car by being slightly wider than the fenders. Which would result in another upsell to their wider fenders. (Talk about team collaboration working with the fender designers!)

Or maybe you aren't so cunning and a Goodyear designer was pissed you made them take the Wrangler logo off

Needless to say I'm in the market for same size replacements with a similarly aggressive look with the same or less road noise. Let me know what works for you, it's depressing that I even thought about paving my driveway instead of just buying new tires.

Sorry just having a bit of fun. I've gotten vinyl protection and splash guards and anxiety when I hear the rocks
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Needless to say I'm in the market for same size replacements with a similarly aggressive look with the same or less road noise. Let me know what works for you, it's depressing that I even thought about paving my driveway instead of just buying new tires.
It's the nature of the beast for big A/Ts or "M/Ts" like Goodyear calls them.

If you want something quiet that doesn't throw rocks don't look at A/Ts and certainly don't look at true M/Ts

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's the nature of the beast for big A/Ts or "M/Ts" like Goodyear calls them.

If you want something quiet that doesn't throw rocks don't look at A/Ts and certainly don't look at true M/Ts
Before this I had Toyo mts for about 4 years. 0 issues even in this current driveway. But I will say the road noise was brutal on those. I'm just looking at tires and went out to use a screwdriver to get the rocks out from the treads lol.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drive on roads with smaller gravel.......fixed!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Before this I had Toyo mts for about 4 years. 0 issues even in this current driveway. But I will say the road noise was brutal on those. I'm just looking at tires and went out to use a screwdriver to get the rocks out from the treads lol.
M/Ts will always be louder but because of the large spacing in between blocks they're less likely to collect and throw rocks.

A/Ts will be quieter but will throw rocks.

It's always a trade off.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear Subarus have quiet tires that don’t throw rocks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
M/Ts will always be louder but because of the large spacing in between blocks they're less likely to collect and throw rocks.

A/Ts will be quieter but will throw rocks.

It's always a trade off.
Good summary. Why must life be so tough

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first mod to my Sasquatch when I get it in 25 years is to get rid of the Goodyear tires. I had a set of duratracs on my 4Runner and they were freaking horrible! They whined at 5,000 miles like most of my tires have at 30k. Changed them out with some General Grabber AT’s and ran those for $30k+ with little noise at all. Several of my buddies swore off Goodyear years ago.
I know these are “MT’s” and that brings in noise on its own, but I do not like Goodyear’s. I almost went non-SAS just to get the BFG’s.
Sponsored