Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea when they’ll be for sale, if they’ll ever be on sale? If so, major props to them. I’ll buy them as soon as their available.
I’m sure preorder started already
Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought Fun Haver had some rear shock mount skid plate things coming out?
Yep, they showed those shock mount skid plates in a Rubicon video. Natta on their website though.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They have billet and tubular setups too
Ford Bronco Skid Plates for Control arms and additional protection for Trail arm 2A233F36-246D-4819-BA71-DB7AEB645923
I don’t even see the skid plates in the pictures. I checked the item descriptions… and it turns out they’re bolt on plastic that needs to be replaced as needed. Not a fan of that at all. I want something strong.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t even see the skid plates in the pictures. I checked the item descriptions… and it turns out they’re bolt on plastic that needs to be replaced as needed. Not a fan of that at all. I want something strong.
It’s less of protection, and more so easier to slide on.

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re talking about the UHMW plastic?

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you watch the SEMA video, the fun haver might have something under there. I’ve also seen some on Lauren Healey’s rig. I’m guessing v none of it is production yet

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talked about this in another thread. Design is about the same as the FJ Cruiser, someone will probably come out with a rear arm skid for the mounting like Total Chaos and others did on the Toyotas. Question is did Ford make it stiff enough to stand the weight of the Bronco resting on it. If it's like the FJs, they were not, and bent easy. You either had to change them for beefier ones or do some redneck welding and weld a U shape box around them.

As for skid, i know Ricochet Off Road is working on some skids for the Bronco from what they told me, RCI too

48650 INSTALLED.jpg

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Talked about this in another thread. Design is about the same as the FJ Cruiser, someone will probably come out with a rear arm skid for the mounting like Total Chaos and others did on the Toyotas.

As for skid, i know Ricochet Off Road is working on some skids for the Bronco from what they told me, RCI too

Ford Bronco Skid Plates for Control arms and additional protection for Trail arm 48650 INSTALLED
Even after asking around, I haven’t found a single company making anything to protect the Bronco’s trailing arm mount. It’s a shame because it’s easily the most exposed part of the underside. I might end up seeing if someone can machine something for me for the time being…

Sumo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx sti
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe Rancho Rockgear line of undercarriage protection will be available for the Bronco soon. It was on their SEMA build.

Sponsored

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even after asking around, I haven’t found a single company making anything to protect the Bronco’s trailing arm mount. It’s a shame because it’s easily the most exposed part of the underside. I might end up seeing if someone can machine something for me for the time being…
I saw some on the video coverage of SEMA by Pikens party of five on Ytube

OP
OP
Spiff89

Spiff89

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seems really high priced for lower trailing arms. Saw something on the funhaver build.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw some on the video coverage of SEMA by Pikens party of five on Ytube
Which video? I watch almost all of their content. And I haven’t seen a single build with protection made for the trailing arm mount.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could they be longer and tucked up into the frame? Would that weaken the frame?

Or, could a couple of "triangles" be welded from the frame to the trailing arm mount? Sort of a ramp to ease the transition?
I think the way they did it is stronger... The frame is still fully boxed and re-enforced there...
You can't make the arm longer without also lengthening the upper arm... The geometry change would cause the axle to rotate on compression which would be bad for the driveshaft.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you forgot to mention the unprotected plastic gas tank! I would like to see some armor for that!
Depends on your trim...
Also, the tank sits as low as the trailing arm mount on the frame if you look closely 🥴
Sponsored