First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I certainly second this. Throws rocks like mad. I understand it comes with the territory of the tire, but it is a little unnerving.
Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know what the hell is wrong with you guys letting people charge you half a grand for mud flaps, go to NAPA and get a set of rubbers for $100. It's not that hard.

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The struggle is real. I ran a borrowed set of the Sasquatch tires on my 2-door for a week, and couldn't wait to get rid of them for that very reason. They sling rocks everywhere, fragging the entire neighborhood every morning when I leave the house. I will say they work pretty damn good off-road though. That said, I was glad to get back to my Nitto's.
Which Nitto did you go with?

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be interested in seeing a breakdown of new or soon to be Bronco owners that are coming from the traditional car/suv crowd vs. those that have owned 4WD/trucks.

I sense that a lot of the complaints about throwing rocks and paint chips etc. are from those used to driving around on street/all season tires and don’t understand that an all terrain/mud terrain is designed for maximum traction off-road, street manners and wear are secondary. If you don’t like the OEM tires swap them for a set of Michelin Pilots or Pirellis…geesh!

It’s like buying a new Corvette Z06 then telling GM that the factory tires are worthless in the sand…maybe the Bronco is the wrong tool for the buyer or maybe it’s the wrong tool buying a Bronco 🤷‍♂️
There were NOT designed for maximum traction off road. I bet they lean more towards ride quality and noise WELL before traction. This is an OE tire specifically made for the Bronco.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Must be great to read these minor complaint threads when most of us won't be sniffing a Bronco for a long while.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Kenda Klever AT2s throw plenty of rocks. I hear them tinging against the bottom of my running boards all the time. It's the nature of an A/T and M/T tire.

Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires FF12D294-82D8-44BB-BD68-731B6A953FA8

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am sorry but these sasquatch MT are a fail, I ran 33" Copper STTs on my lifted FJ cruiser and the tread design ejected rocks, mud, snow out of the tread immediately instead of locking them in and then having them become a projectile on the freeway. Not only bad for the Bronco exterior but I am sure vehicles driving behind these tires are going to get vehicle damage as well.
The Goodyears on the Bronco aren't an actual MT. They're an AT. They aren't like your STTs at all. The voids in the tread blocks are tighter on the GYs than they are on your STTs

Any AT is going to fling rocks instead of ejecting them like an MT does.

It's not a "fail" because they are different kinds of tires that serve a different purpose. Same as your STTs will be a "fail" when it comes to road noise, MPG, and handling.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear Subarus have quiet tires that don’t throw rocks.
Minivans are super quiet….and they have rear wheel drive in some cases. The occupants might throw rocks though.
Sponsored