First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the same issue with the BFG KO's on my Jeep. But the rock sliders stopped 90% of that. Hoping the same will be true when I get my Bronco and install the Go Rhino's and remove the rails.
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I certainly second this. Throws rocks like mad. I understand it comes with the territory of the tire, but it is a little unnerving.
I see what you did there

TheBaadestMeinhoff

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let me preface this by saying I’m not a tire expert and my main focus is driving in snow and non maintained gravel/dirt county roads and trails, so smaller obstacles on the way to see family instead of giant rocks and mud puddles for fun like most of you guys.
My last suv had toyo open country at3’s, and I’ve been planning on using them again on a non Sasquatch big bend when it arrives. They aren’t as aggressive looking as what you may be looking for, but ride quality in all weather types, noise, 3 mountain snowflake rating and a 60k mile warranty (although mine is only at about 13k so far,they are wearing well), and while they don’t look as good as ko2’s and the like, at least they are more aggressive looking than the minivan tires the nonsquatch gets.
I’m sure that someone here is about to tell me why I’m wrong, and honestly if you’re going to be rockncrawling I probably am, but for general mud, snow and road use I think these things are great, although if anyone has better suggestions I’m all ears.

Reactions: abe

oneshot

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I commend your attention to detail. Going above and beyond to make sure you measured the size of the most common driveway gravels in the United States and found the average to ensure that these tires would pick up as much gravel as possible for as many people as possible is really just awe-inspiring.

I have to imagine it was tough when your bosses came down and told you that these tires need to be designed to sell as many splash guards as possible and that the tires were a key component of this plan since they were going to be charging almost $500 for the splash guards.

I bet you felt really good when you were able to go to your boss's and Tell them that you found a way to upsell vinyl protectors and paint touch-ups with the perfect design to throw rocks into the car by being slightly wider than the fenders. Which would result in another upsell to their wider fenders. (Talk about team collaboration working with the fender designers!)

Or maybe you aren't so cunning and a Goodyear designer was pissed you made them take the Wrangler logo off

Needless to say I'm in the market for same size replacements with a similarly aggressive look with the same or less road noise. Let me know what works for you, it's depressing that I even thought about paving my driveway instead of just buying new tires.

Sorry just having a bit of fun. I've gotten vinyl protection and splash guards and anxiety when I hear the rocks
Toyo AT 3'S Waiting Not a Goodyear Fan

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let me preface this by saying I’m not a tire expert and my main focus is driving in snow and non maintained gravel/dirt county roads and trails, so smaller obstacles on the way to see family instead of giant rocks and mud puddles for fun like most of you guys.
My last suv had toyo open country at3’s, and I’ve been planning on using them again on a non Sasquatch big bend when it arrives. They aren’t as aggressive looking as what you may be looking for, but ride quality in all weather types, noise, 3 mountain snowflake rating and a 60k mile warranty (although mine is only at about 13k so far,they are wearing well), and while they don’t look as good as ko2’s and the like, at least they are more aggressive looking than the minivan tires the nonsquatch gets.
I’m sure that someone here is about to tell me why I’m wrong, and honestly if you’re going to be rockncrawling I probably am, but for general mud, snow and road use I think these things are great, although if anyone has better suggestions I’m all ears.
How are your AT3s on wet roads and heavy rain? I watched the review on Tire Rack and they said they perform poorly in those conditions.

Sponsored

MrBill

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chev Volt, Chev C3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Find tires with V shaped grooves. I’ve been driving dump trucks for 50 yrs now and rock retention has always been a major problem. We go into rock plants that constantly wet down their roads for required dust control. Thus creating the perfect situation for rocks to be driven deep into straight lugs, thus needing lots of centrifical forces ie speed, to dislodge them at freeway speeds. rock in tread can also lead to casing drilling as the tread wears. Tire designers a very well aware of this problem and as such design V shaped lugs that will dislodge said rocks at much more lower speeds if they happen to get retained. Ford and Goodyear designers have completely FAILED in their jobs. Most people buying the Bronco are going to drive on highways primarily, which is what Ford marketing says why the Bronco is better than the Wrangler.

Reactions: Cat

WildtracMoose

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I commend your attention to detail. Going above and beyond to make sure you measured the size of the most common driveway gravels in the United States and found the average to ensure that these tires would pick up as much gravel as possible for as many people as possible is really just awe-inspiring.

I have to imagine it was tough when your bosses came down and told you that these tires need to be designed to sell as many splash guards as possible and that the tires were a key component of this plan since they were going to be charging almost $500 for the splash guards.

I bet you felt really good when you were able to go to your boss's and Tell them that you found a way to upsell vinyl protectors and paint touch-ups with the perfect design to throw rocks into the car by being slightly wider than the fenders. Which would result in another upsell to their wider fenders. (Talk about team collaboration working with the fender designers!)

Or maybe you aren't so cunning and a Goodyear designer was pissed you made them take the Wrangler logo off

Needless to say I'm in the market for same size replacements with a similarly aggressive look with the same or less road noise. Let me know what works for you, it's depressing that I even thought about paving my driveway instead of just buying new tires.

Sorry just having a bit of fun. I've gotten vinyl protection and splash guards and anxiety when I hear the rocks
😭 boo hoo hoo! Life sucks!

Sponsored

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BFG KO2, nitto ridge grappler, BFG KM3 all good choices

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Haha! I totally concur! Thank goodness I had the opportunity to test drive a mannequin during a weekend and discovered what to expect. And yes, because of this, I ordered the mud flaps (although on extended back order). To make matters worse, I had a roofing nail puncture one of those tires with less than 300 miles on them. Fortunately I got the wheel and tire protection plan. When these tires wear down, I will not replace with Goodyear Goodyear tires.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires IMG_1625.JPG

These pick up gravel the size of golf balls. Thats not hail on you roof its just a mudder driving by.
Probably, but it won't pick up gravel as used on gravel roads! They're is a standard sized stone used for public roads... And GY aimed for that size I think. Lol

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There were NOT designed for maximum traction off road. I bet they lean more towards ride quality and noise WELL before traction. This is an OE tire specifically made for the Bronco.
Exactly where are you coming up with your opinion. I watched these tires and the K02 blow threw everything that was thrown at them at the NH off rodeo. One out from under your rock and watch some videos. These tires are very impressive off road.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly where are you coming up with your opinion. I watched these tires and the K02 blow threw everything that was thrown at them at the NH off rodeo. One out from under your rock and watch some videos. These tires are very impressive off road.
Didnt say they suck off road... Lol
But again, it's an OE tire. Look at the load range and recommend PSI if you don't think ride quality was a major factor.
People are gonna test drive these on the street and highway.... Ford knows this. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored