Sponsored

My Wifes Outer Banks arrives in fashion!!

Bklewis77

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On Tuesday I got the call that I'd been waiting for for over a year. My Bronco had finally arrived. What makes this a really special purchase is that it is not for me, but for my very deserving wife, who has not had a new car since her 2009 Ford Edge.

About 2 months ago, we had to put that 12 year old Edge up for sale to complete a film project we had been working on for the last 3 years. So we have been sharing an F-150.

Over the 12 years, whenever there was a car to be bought (and there have been 4 or 5 of them, they've all been mine) she is such a selfless person, that I knew I had to get her something special. Something she would enjoy driving in every day. At the last minute we changed from a Badlands to this Outer Banks and we are beyond happy with the decision. She can actually climb in it (steps). And we just liked the appearance package on this one a little better. No serious off roading (rock climbing) for either of us, but it's so nice to know that we can.

The Sasquatch package really takes this thing to another level. She's been getting thumbs up and smiles and photos everywhere this vehicle takes her and that will take some getting used to.

I'll post driving impressions as I have it more, but it truly feels like your piloting something special. The stance, the road presence is undeniable.

The noise from the soft top is our only complaint as it sounds like your windows are down even when the vehicle is sitting still as you hear everything. Can't wait to get our hands on the hard top.

As an owner of a 2021 F-150, this drives more like a truck than it does and that's not a bad thing. The radio is great. I have no complaints there. And the interior is really nicely done in Outer Banks trim with the Ebony Roast.

We ordered 2 Broncos just in case to make sure we got built. The other is a Badlands. I'm so impressed with this truck, I may let my new Limited Powerboost go when it comes in next month.

As others have said and I can now say...it's worth the wait if you have one coming!! Hang on!

Cheers!

Ford Bronco My Wifes Outer Banks arrives in fashion!! 20211109_181640

Ford Bronco My Wifes Outer Banks arrives in fashion!! 20211109_173326

Ford Bronco My Wifes Outer Banks arrives in fashion!! 20211110_085300

Ford Bronco My Wifes Outer Banks arrives in fashion!! 20211109_173353

Ford Bronco My Wifes Outer Banks arrives in fashion!! 20211109_160811
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tripper

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Mustang GT Conv & '13 Ford Edge Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Tuesday, I got the call that I'd been waiting for for over a year. My Bronco had finally arrived. What makes this a really special purchase is that it is not for me, but for my very deserving wife, who has not had a new car since her 2009 Ford Edge.

About 2 months ago, we had to put that 12 year old Edge up for sale to complete a film project we had been working on for the last 3 years. So we have been sharing an F-150.

Over the 12 years, whenever there was a car to be bought (and there have been 4 or 5 of them, they've all been mine) she is such a selfless person, that I knew I had to get her something special. Something she would enjoy driving in every day. At the last minute we changed from a Badlands to this Outer Banks and we are beyond happy with the decision. She can actually climb in it. And we just liked the appearance package on this one a little better. No serious off reading for either of us, but it's so nice to know that we can.

The Sasquatch package really takes this thing to another level. She's been getting thumbs up and smiles and photos everywhere this vehicle takes her and that will take some getting used to.

I'll post driving impressions as I have it more, but it truly feels like your piloting something special. The stance, the road presence is undeniable.

The noise from the soft top is our only complaint as it sounds like your windows are down even when the vehicle is sitting still as you hear everything. Can't wait to get our hands on the hard top.

As an owner of a 2021 F-150, this drives more like a truck than it does and that's not a bad thing. The radio is great. I have no complaints there. And the interior is really nicely done in Outer Banks trim with the Ebony Roast.

We ordered 2 Broncos just in case to make sure we got built. The other is a Badlands. I'm so impressed with this truck, I may let my new Limited Powerboost go when it comes in next month.

As others have said and I can now say...it's worth the wait if you have one coming!! Hang on!

Cheers!
Post pics!

SMiguel

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On Tuesday, I got the call that I'd been waiting for for over a year. My Bronco had finally arrived. What makes this a really special purchase is that it is not for me, but for my very deserving wife, who has not had a new car since her 2009 Ford Edge.

Over the 12 years, whenever there was a car to be bought (and there have been 4 or 5 of them, they've all been mine) she is such a selfless person, that I knew I had to get her something special. Something she would enjoy driving in every day. At the last minute we changed from a Badlands to this Outer Banks and we are beyond happy with the decision. She can actually climb in it. And we just liked the appearance package on this one a little better. No serious off reading for either of us, but it's so nice to know that we can.

Cheers!
Pics or it didn't happen

OP
OP

Bklewis77

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Done

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a new husband, I love stories like this. You are quite the man to buy this for your wife.
Your wife resembles my mom. I gave a double take at the photos haha
But my mom also loves red cars. Her last 3 cars were red. When I showed her a photo of a red 2 door FE, she said "you should have got that one"

I know your wife will enjoy it. Cheers sir ! 👍🏾

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congratulations, looks great, and I have a very similar story except I wound up getting my wife a new Explorer. Coincidentally it also happens to be in Rapid Red!

IMG_20211012_104443508_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lookin good. Congrats on making the rapid red deadline.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love that Rapid Red and the smile on her face there is priceless I’m sure.

JourdanM

Outer Banks
First Name
Jourdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome car and story, congrats to your wife on her beautiful new car!

OP
OP

Bklewis77

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice, I’m in garland - Work off of Lemmon Ave, in Dallas. I expect to see y’all out and about 🤣
Yes you definitely will!!! Very close indeed!
Sponsored