Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The mod bumper is really good for the price. Aftermarket steel bumpers are all gonna be in the $1000+ range. The aftermarket is coming with a lot of cool add ons, once more broncos are out for the aftermarket to get their hands on more stuff will be designed for it.

If you want to do your own led pod lights on that bumper just buy this bracket.

https://zroadz.com/i-23915776-2021-...-similar-style-led-pod-lights-pn-z325401.html
Thanks for the link, if I can cancel my order from another company for 1,200, i'm going with this set up including their lights for 494.00.
Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it. It is heavy enough for most things and pretty functional. I would have liked to see a better option for mounting a winch, but haven’t seen anything that I really like yet……Eventually.

I do wish they had made the rear steel bumper a little more robust. At least make it the same thickness as the Mod-Bumper. Just my $0.02.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am glad I got it and besides it's not like there are a ton of accessories out there for the bronco as a whole. Once there are more broncos out there then there will be plenty of accessories for the modular bumper.
This is true . . . from both Ford and the aftermarket.

Sponsored

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the round lights so hopefully someone will come up with a kit. The modular bumper is the way to go but the fog light loss is disappointing.

BroncoA51

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the modular originally, and am price protected. However the pre-wired fog lights on the capable outweigh the modular in my opinion. Apparently the wiring is there already, but requires forscan and the factory headlight switch replaced. Too much hassle when I’m probably gonna grab an aftermarket winch bumper in a year or so when I bang up the plastic and they catch up.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The mod bumper is really good for the price. Aftermarket steel bumpers are all gonna be in the $1000+ range. The aftermarket is coming with a lot of cool add ons, once more broncos are out for the aftermarket to get their hands on more stuff will be designed for it.
I agree. Ford kinda backed themselves into a corner here. Usually they'd charge the full price of the bumper without knocking off the price of the item your replacing. They couldnt do that if they wanted to have any price protection and change trims. Everyone would have taken the cash and bought something else aftermarket.

I really expect the price of the mod bumper and other upgrades to really go up in 23.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's what I thought. Might be a comment to delete then, adding nothing to the discussion about Bronco bumpers, right?

For the record, I backed off the modular bumper when I saw the '22s had the steel capable bumper for the OBX I have on order. I don't think it looks particularly great, but I need fogs and I prefer to access them via the factory switch.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone regretting the Modular Bumper? 20211111_201030361_iOS
I just installed lights yesterday in my modular bumper. It makes installing a lining up brackets so easy. This was a struggle when I added lights to the Raptor's bumper. I had them mounted in about 10 minutes with the modular bumper.
Ford Bronco Anyone regretting the Modular Bumper? 20211111_200948434_iOS

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I actually went with the modular bumper on my redo of my Bronco order-the standard plastic bumper limits you with AM options due to the design, which was one of my considerations.

Also the Modular bumper includes skid plates that the plastic doesn't and I'm not sure if the capable one does either.

Like said before-there isn't going to be cheap options and those said "cheap" options might just be cheap because they are made with crappy grade steel.

As for fog lights and them costing $500-800 bucks....it is what it is. You often get what you pay for.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I am not going to spend $800-$1000 for lights for it. I wonder why it even has openings if the factory basic fog lamps ofvordered through parts would not fit. I have to measure but I have found purely rectangular lights for less than $50/pair. A piece of tin or black plastic to fill the gap and I may be in business.

Any front winch is apparently verboten with OBX-Lux due to blocking of sensors and cameras. Using the tow hook holes and skid Plat mounting holes I am leaning towards fabricating a front 2" receiver for occasional winch use. But since my winch usage would be to pull others out, not myself, then rear mount of winch makes more sense. Besides, if you drive into an unforgiving situation the best attack is to pull yourself out backwards
Really my exact thoughts on this. I'll stick with the Mod Bumper because I still have faith there will be better future options for it. I agree 100% with the winch as well...Front and rear 2in receiver for a mobile winch mount...then you just have to run power, which seems to be the more tricky part.
*I really gotta start reading the whole thread before I pop off lol*

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I for one actually dropped it due to the looks and went with the standard bumper. Especially on Sasquatch trim, the beefier standard bumper is more proportional to the design, and the color matches the big Sas flares better as opposed to dark black metal. Gives that nice chunky tonka trunk feel.

the mod bumper to me always looks out of place on sasquatched Broncos especially in the side profile. Like a little chin strap on a fat linebacker. Simply disproportional.

kept it classic on my obx sas. Plus I keep the fogs and I’m not hauling around 60-70+ lbs on the front bumper and bash plate.

Although I will say on non Sas the mod bumper is a good cheat for fake lift since it exposes more tire.

if a clean aftermarket comes along I may bite. But they typically tend to be a bit cheesy. in my area I don’t have local trails that are really aggressive enough that warrants the steel, so the functionality wasn’t a big part of the equation for me.

Ford Bronco Anyone regretting the Modular Bumper? 6D38A8A6-BECD-45A2-BB3F-4F645D8551C3

Ford Bronco Anyone regretting the Modular Bumper? B25D1FBF-D70D-45B5-A899-3FB8DE6B2EF6

Last edited:

WildtracMoose

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought it was being
That's what I thought. Might be a comment to delete then, adding nothing to the discussion about Bronco bumpers, right?

For the record, I backed off the modular bumper when I saw the '22s had the steel capable bumper for the OBX I have on order. I don't think it looks particularly great, but I need fogs and I prefer to access them via the factory switch.
I was just being nice congratulating the fine folks of Virginia for making such a wonderful decision at the ballot box, that's all. So, once again congrats Virginia!! Oh, I can't wait to get my Wildtrac my delivery date is 11/18!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When me and the wife ordered our Base 4 door Sasquatch I really wanted to get the modular bumper...
My thoughts were, when money allowed we would find it easy to add a bolt on winch arrangement, lights, etc.
Now looking at accessories, I'm kinda bummed, Ford seems to have stopped the way overpriced winch system (no way I would spend that much anyway.) The only lights that fit well in the openings look to be in the $1000 range...
I will admit, around here, in Central Virgina, that steel on the front end will make it nice come deer season, and I love the exposed tow hooks and front skid plate addition.
I haven't taken delivery, it's not even built yet, I was just making my Christmas list and thinking too much.

I guess, coming from a Jeep family, and a Ford Truck family, I'm getting impatient waiting on available accessories... What's everyone else's thoughts? Was the buy in worth it or do you wish you had just bought an aftermarket winch capable bumper and matching rear?
I got a $240 plasma cutter last Christmas. It cuts through 3/16 steel like a hot knife through butter. Along with my budget MIG welder, the plan is to have fun designing and fabbing my own front/rear bumpers, rocker guards and skid plates.

Only since I have no Bronco, and have no idea when (if) a Bronco will ever be available, my efforts are currently applied to my TJ and Rover.
Sponsored