Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No plan B for me at the moment. Just keep driving, build up my GX460. Really, the Bronco is my '68 Mustang replacement, so I guess I'd just hang on to that longer, too.

The real Plan B would probably be to keep waiting on the Bronco, and replace my wife's Grand Cherokee with the Mach E that she's been mentioning more and more...
Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My plan B would be...............Nothing I am in this game for the long hull and not going to chicken out after waiting this long.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No plan B for me at the moment. Just keep driving, build up my GX460. Really, the Bronco is my '68 Mustang replacement, so I guess I'd just hang on to that longer, too.

The real Plan B would probably be to keep waiting on the Bronco, and replace my wife's Grand Cherokee with the Mach E that she's been mentioning more and more...
My wife wants a new 400 hp Explorer Sport that gives you access to a driving course in south Carolina, I am all in on that deal!

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good news. Iā€™m on the 4Runner forums and the consensus was rhat the 4Runner is definitely pushed to late 2023 according to insiders and leaked production charts. itā€™s going to be sweet and if the late 22 rumor is true Iā€™ll be watching. Iā€™m ordering the Gladiator Rubicon the minute Earl becomes available if I donā€™t have a confirmed production date on my Bronco.

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1695274C-A73F-473D-9B4F-24ECE7170E23

Last edited:

Sponsored

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I donā€™t have a plan B, Iā€™m sticking with it. Iā€™m thoroughly enjoying my f150KR for the time being so waiting isnā€™t really an issue. I suppose if I had a plan B it would maybe buy a new gen f150.

snakeyes

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco "Billy" Wildtrac, Sasquatch A10
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have been told you'll be lucky to see your 2022 as well... Thieve dealer down the road has three first editions on his lot that people waited so long for that they abandoned their orders and they have called them to pick them up and were told to shove them up their asses ... Of course they love that cause now they can mark them up 20K and sell them to dumb asses :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1636919842418

Can't deal with the Ford nonsense any more. I'll still wait & purchase one of my 2 Bronco reservations, who knows when it may be coming, can't even make a guess on what month and guessing 3rd qtr 2022. The fact that I'm guessing which quarter rather than knowing which is a Ford created problem, is a joke. I am not willing to accept Fords lack of appreciation of the Bronco following and wait for a vehicle any longer after Ford changing the allocation they sold us on, I call BS.

Ordered a week ago. I expect my 2022 Rubicon, 2.0T, leather, dual tops, tow, body color fenders in 8 - 10 weeks. After much research as a first time Jeep buyer I'm finding I like the product a lot and there is a ton of happy owners / none complaining about FCA or their ride.

I drove a bunch of them prior to ordering and am happy with the on road manners. You know off road its a winner, just would not be as good as a Bronco if you were planning on running an off road dirt race, which I am not. Expect to be much happier with this experience than Fords marketing failure they call the Bronco launch.

Ford created a Jeep fanboy, go figure:)

Hippydrome

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender NAS D90, 1995
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After Land Rover dropped the ball on the new Defender 90 design, my plan B kick in and I got a Bronco instead. I really like my new truck, just wished that the top didn't have to be taped up to be waterproof.

HD

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My plan B is ā€˜23 MY. The lease on my current Ford vehicle is up 12/13/21. Fortunately, Ford will extend my lease for up to a year. I just had to give them my order number, which they confirmed, and I was good to go. Besides, I like torturing myself šŸ˜Ž.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think Iā€™m about to go with plan B, a good olā€™ 4Runner. Dealer nearby has a 2022 TRD Sport in Lunar Rock (not my first choice, but theyā€™ve got it!). With an alternate set of wheels and tires it will have some of its dignity restored.

Over the summer I sold my previous daily and picked up a ā€˜96 Bronco for kicks... erroneously thinking Iā€™d use it over the summer and then have the new one by the time this part of the year rolled around. Itā€™s a fine rig and doesnā€™t have any obvious problems, but I drive a LOT in the winter and donā€™t want too much risk of being stranded somewhere 400 miles from home. I think Iā€™ll keep the old thing for fun and tinkering, plus then I can still stay in the Bronco famā€¦ but, eh, Iā€™m getting to a point where wait and see is stressing me out.

Im still on the fence, but all these dang new cars are selling like hot cakes by IF they hit the lot at all (most at this dealer are spoken for before arriving, which Iā€™m guessing is the norm these days). So Iā€™ll probably make a move soon if Iā€™m gonna šŸ§

AH64DB2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?

keep my 2019 Rubicon or the Ranger Tremor
Sponsored