Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just found out if I have to replace my Windshield, the current cost is about $1000+

I have the lane keeping / Co-Pilot 360 (Bronco steers back to middle of lane)...this also requires recalibration with new replacement.

So you may immediately want to get your window cracks repaired as soon as they happen to avoid this type of cost.

if someone already posted this..apologies..I couldn’t find it.

Ford Bronco Lux Package Lane Keeping Windshield Replacement Cost Over $1000 5ADFE4EF-432A-4342-9800-3E1852D78B8B
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I just found out if I have to replace my Windshield, the current cost is about $1000+

I have the lane keeping / Co-Pilot 360 (Bronco steers back to middle of lane)...this also requires recalibration with new replacement.

So you may immediately want to get your window cracks repaired as soon as they happen to avoid this type of cost.

if someone already posted this..apologies..I couldn’t find it.

Ford Bronco Lux Package Lane Keeping Windshield Replacement Cost Over $1000 5ADFE4EF-432A-4342-9800-3E1852D78B8B
Where you been? More like 1500 since you must calibrate cameras. True or most windshields the last few years. I'm trying a hood deflector...

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

None of this is news, a friend had to replace the windshield in his Accord w/ self driving features and said it was over $3,500 to replace all of the attached sensors and then calibrate them.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No new news here. I just replaced my windshield today in my Badlands with High package, Co-Pilot 360 and lane keeping assist. It was $1,300. Required static and dynamic calibration of the sensors. Took 4 hours start to finish. I dropped my Comprehensive deductible to $250 to make the hit less painful on the next go around.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No new news here. I just replaced my windshield today in my Badlands with High package, Co-Pilot 360 and lane keeping assist. It was $1,300. Required static and dynamic calibration of the sensors. Took 4 hours start to finish. I dropped my Comprehensive deductible to $250 to make the hit less painful on the next go around.
Is there lane keeping assist in the High package? I had it in my mind you only got that at the Lux level…

Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there lane keeping assist in the High package? I had it in my mind you only got that at the Lux level…
Got it in mine, button on the left side of the steering wheel, next to cruise control.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I totally understand that this isn’t helpful to the OP, but anyone that plans to wheel their bronco needs to see this. Windshield, headlights, mirrors, taillights are easily broken when on tighter trails. Sometimes those luxuries (blind spot monitors, 360 camera, parking sensors, etc.) don’t belong on the trails unless your pockets are deep. Even though i wanted the high package, i bought a base for this exact reason.
On top of that…when my windshield breaks, it won’t be replaced.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think you are correct based on build and price.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The camera module is the same regardless of Base with nothing or First Edition. It’s present on every trim since that camera is used for emergency braking as well. I had figured the cost to be pretty standardized for all Broncos
That's what I thought as well. They all come with a camera up there. Lowering comprehensive makes great sense!

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it in mine, button on the left side of the steering wheel, next to cruise control.
Can you turn it off?

<edit> can if be set to off as the default?

Thanks

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought so too originally. Lux gets you the automated cruise control

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn’t there windshield coverage as an additional option on insurance? Will be asking my guy about that. Also, is it possible to just replace the windshield and not mess with readjusting the camera. I hate lane keep assist on cars when I’m renting newer models. I most likely will never use it on the Bronco, either. And I’m not super worried about the emergency braking stuff either. Call me crazy, just my take.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Isn’t there windshield coverage as an additional option on insurance? Will be asking my guy about that. Also, is it possible to just replace the windshield and not mess with readjusting the camera. I hate lane keep assist on cars when I’m renting newer models. I most likely will never use it on the Bronco, either. And I’m not super worried about the emergency braking stuff either. Call me crazy, just my take.
No, if you use a reputable glass company they will require it.
Sponsored