Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer (Lange & Fetter Motors in Trenton Ontario) was kind enough to let me take his personal Wildtrak for a decent rip this past week and I decided to give my thoughts on it. Although not the most comprehensive “review” I think I got a decent feel for the this particular trim and took the time to do a small write up for those who might be considering a WT. So here is my take on a 4 door, Race Red, MIC hard top WT.

To date I've driven several Broncos (all 4 doors) and all combinations of engine and transmissions. Some have been Sasquatch but most have not. I have on order a 2.7L Black Diamond 2 Door which as I write this is somewhere between Dirt Mountain & my driveway.

This drive was a combination of minor highways, back roads and some gravel roads over about 4 hours. Like all the other broncos I have test driven they're very smooth on the road. Compared to driving my (lowered) Mustang I float over all potholes instead of swerving to avoid them which is a welcomed change! Road noise isn't too bad, definitely a noticeable improvement over the handful of soft tops I've driven so I'm once again glad I ordered mine in a MIC top!

The WT although really cool looses in terms of overall price as cost is the WT's greatest con for me. I would agree with the long list of people who would all choose a Sasquach Badlands VS a Wildtrak as BAJA mode is wicked but I don't see it being quite as useful as a disconnecting sway-bar. Keep in mind that sport and BAJA mode are very different! Sport mode is a bit more peppy while Baja mode really moves and brings the RPMs up very high before shifting which is really the WT's coolest “party trick” IMO.

The wireless charger was a handy during my drive and I wish I had it with my MID package however there are plenty of USB outlets so I should be fine. The 360 camera is neat, the heated steering wheel could be nice in a another few months but the biggest bonus was the sound system! Changing out my MID pkg speakers will be top of the list next spring/summer! I don't love tan interiors but paired with red it works and is nicer in person.

A major factor I’ve noticed on all the Sasquatch models is the fact that the Goodyear Territory tires (Goodyear Goodyears) really throw stones as you drive. Thankfully the wider fender flairs are there but a modest “mud flap” wouldn't be a bad idea. As a side note the fender flairs really hold a good quantity of dirt/stones and removing them to properly clean out this area would be a good practice whenever washing your bronco. The stance on this truck was awesome! I love the gloss black accents and grill that is standard on the WT trim, it would look really cool with Race Red “BRONCO” lettering on the grill.

All and all there isn't a full sized bronco I wouldn't drive, and if your really about fast open desert runner type driving the WT is the model to choose! Paired with a bright contrasting colour like a Velocity Blue, Oxford White, Race Red or Cyber Orange will really make the gloss black accents pop.

Here are some pictures including one where I swapped the factory front plate “grill mount” location with a “shackle mount” style mount which unfortunately blocks a sensor but IMO is the superior looking location for a front tag.

Enjoy!

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7441
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7439
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7436
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7438
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7429

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7427
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7430

Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7432
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7434
Ford Bronco Wildtrak Pictures & Review thumbnail_IMG_7433
Sponsored

Last edited:

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great looking ride man. Your shackle license plate mount looks awesome!

I will be doing the same when mine arrives. It's a much better location than smack-dab in the middle of the grille.

OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great looking ride man. Your shackle license plate mount looks awesome!

I will be doing the same when mine arrives. It's a much better location than smack-dab in the middle of the grille.

Not a bad upgrade for $40, and it definitely makes more sense than the factory location!

1398523F-4183-4978-BFD4-D00DEFC33174.jpeg
Sponsored